Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My newest song about the Afterlife (Read 1941 times)
I Am Dude

My newest song about the Afterlife
Jun 15th, 2009 at 8:57pm

Chronicles of a Soul (my band)
www.myspace.com/chroniclesofasoul

I just finished my newest song called Where Do We Go.  It is about the mysteries of where we go and what happens when we die.  There are no vocals as of yet, I am still working on the lyrics, but I feel the music itself gives off the energy of this concept.

The second song on my page is gives off another type of energy.  It is basically about a man who is loosing his mind as other dimensions penetrate his consciousness.  The vocals are a rough draft though.. the final version will be up soon, as well as the vocals for the first one.

Let me know what you think!!!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: My newest song about the Afterlife
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:41pm

Where Do We Go:
I like it, that vibro-sound of the guitar (is it an EHX Small Clone?), the flange sounds in the background, often it's too much, but here it works. Sounds a bit vintagy, makes me remember late psychedelic era music. You might think about running the vocal through a similar effect, to get a kind of flangy-chorus underwater voice.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

I Am Dude

Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 6:29pm

Thanks spooky.  The vibro effect is actually a setting which comes with my recording software.  I will probably do something different with the vocals, maybe along the lines of what you said, maybe something else, but definitely something different.  I'm guessing you are a musician as well?

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2009 at 11:53pm

Yes I am. In the moment blues, as it's so easy (for me) to improvise and play without any notesheets. I like blues as well as jazz and funk. And all the other good stuff. I'm still pondering if I should produce a recording, with the fantastic means of nowaday's home-recording, of a melange of blues-jazz-funk and maybe dub-reggae.  Smiley

My youtube channel is
Charliemusslewhite

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.