Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bruce's Take on Curiosity (Read 16376 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Bruce's Take on Curiosity
Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:04pm

Well I finished the fourth book and I enjoyed it, but I have some questions about it. Particularly the disk vision. I mean what I keep seeing is a massive DVD floating in space and I don't think that's the idea, is it?

And Sylvia's "rapture", What's happening there? I have always felt that getting saved by Jesus had some great advantages, but if you are still judgmental when you go into the light--how could you remain there? I see that PUL can take you over if you let it in, but does something discard from you as in your ego to allow the trip into the light? I found the Jesus section a little confusing and I may have missed the point. It just seems like one would want to do the work to get there if it can be done that way...not because of pride but because of all the knowledge that comes to you-- or is that knowledge given as part of the swooping in and being "saved"-- Bruce didn't use the term saved I don't think, but that was the impression I got. So that's my question, which I ask in earnest-- Are we ultimately all going to either be saved or not saved? or can we continue reaching until either saving is the only option or we overcome the need to be so saved?

I'd be curious what others think. And I find Bruce's vision of the disks and all much more mechanical than I ever imagined the afterlife would be. Is that his expression because of his engineering background? I thought he may have answered this question before so I"m not addressing it directly to him... as I said I greatly enjoyed this book but it sure has got me thinking especially when I factor in what I've been reading about MY BIG TOE. It's all amazing stuff and thanks for any comments

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Bruce's Take on Curiosity
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:22pm

Hello Beau:

Regarding how Bruce saw his disk, perhaps this is just one way of seeing a disk. Different people see there disks/I-there's/oversouls/total self in different ways.

Regarding things sounding mechanical, they are organized. I've found that spirit World information is often received in a manner we can understand. A person will be shown visual images that aren't to be interpreted literally, but as 3D representations for something that is hard to explain in 3D terms.  I figure there are times Bruce described things in an interpretive way without explaining that this is what he was doing, because it would've become a bit cumbersome if he had to explain everytime he did so.

Regarding Sylvia receiving help, what she went through reminds me of an NDE life review, only she didn't have the problem of having to return to a body when it came to the timing. In Sylvia's case, a gradual process was allowed. The fact of how she called out for Jesus's help shows that she was willing to receive help.  Her willingness was the key factor and shows that her free will wasn't interferred with.

When a spirit shows the willingness to be helped, it is only natural that this spirit be presented with influences that will help it change for the better. Goodness knows that this World has a lot of negative influences. This being the case, it is a good thing that the positive influence of PUL is available to spirits who want to change, such as Sylvia. When she was exposed to PUL, she was able to look at her life  honestly, she stopped clinging to negative patterns of thought, and they were cleansed away. The same thing can happen while we occupy a body. It has happened to me a lot.

When I read about Sylvia being cleansed, two flashes of gold light flashed over the page as I did so.  These flashes were about the size of a nickle. I figure they were a confirmation of what took place. This is especially true, because two of something is a way of confirming things to me. The two thing is a method of communication my spirit guidance and I have developed.

Regarding spirits appearing as Jesus, at first this bothered me. Then I figured that if these spirits live according to the same love and purpose that Jesus lives according to, and he doesn't mind spirits doing so, where is the problem? I do not believe that disrespect is intended.

I do believe it is a mistake to believe that the spirit of Jesus never appears when people such as near death experiencers experience him. To me it is quite clear that some NDErs such Thomas Sawyer, George Ritchie and Howard Storm did in fact experience the spirit of Jesus. I know that I've had experiences that involved the spirit of Jesus. My feeling is that Jesus can help as many people as is appropriate, but he doesn't have any problem with other beings who live according to love and light also helping out.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:14pm

Thank you for replying. What you've written here makes great sense to me.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:23pm

You're welcome.

Beau wrote on Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:14pm:
Thank you for replying. What you've written here makes great sense to me.

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2009 at 9:02pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 8:37pm

That's funny Beau...a big flying DVD.

What I picture of Bruce's disk is one of those old flying saucers from the 50s.  I guess that's because they used to call UFOs "flying disks".  Anyway, that's just me.

Now you have me curious about it and wondering if Bruce ever gave a description of it anywhere??  I think he gives at least a limited description of it in his first book--I'll have to go check. 

Ok, I see that on the back of Bruce's 4th book is the picture of his Disk.  Doesn't look at all like the disk I pictured!   Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 11:52pm

oops, you're right. It's on the book. I thought that was some astral lily pad, but I guess it is his disk. Thanks for pointing it out Vicky.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 7:05am

Hi Beau I see the disc as the I/there, composed of our greater being, our unlimited being, of many members. The disc helps me to understand the oneness concept better.
There could even be 1,000's in the disc. I see all the members as being myself, experiencing their singular focus, projected from the I/there into each life circumstance as a probe. Our next step, as I see it, is to see the disc, or the human mind as being creative in a holographic way, to spin off copies of itself and to study quantum physics for a better grasp of ontology principle.
Eventually we begin to see a tree or a piece of furniture included in the ontology thought, so that's it's all for one, and one for all, which brings the emotions into play and also doing retrievals a more natural matter of course activity.
it helps to think of a probe, as a focus point of, we could say sparks of God.  While we are here in a single life, it is that we focus in on an experience as a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker, etc.
but in our disc, or greater being, we see we share in all of the experiences that are on the earth level, of the dense bodies.

Eventually a disc winks out, or graduates ELS. and we really need our imagination to understand the graduate levels, however, unlimited being would mean unlimited opportunity I assume for creation of new worlds with different systems of life.

I had a bit of a problem with seeing the disc as a disc also, yet I realized how much information can be on a disc, you get the idea, quite a bit, so I'm glad Bruce didn't have a vision of a 90 minute cassette tape; I'd a had a bigger problem in that case!  Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #7 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:44am

Alycia, (That is you, isn't it?) Thanks for all those thoughts. I'm still learning my way round here. I don't normally think of myself as a person who takes stuff too literally, but sometimes with Bruce's books I do find myself falling into that against my will. I get that the Disk is somehow a greater whole than the individual and that's very cool to me, but somehow the idea of a disk makes me think it has a mechanical personality or something--and I know that's not what he's talking about. I like the graduation aspects that the disk takes on a lot too and they are in tune with what I already believed. So its not a hard jump to the message as much as a slight difficulty following the path to get to the message, but the posts on the thread are making it much easier and I really appreciate it. I guess I just never thought of light workers as having jobs that seem a little...dare I say....mundane. And I don't think they are mundane, but in trying to relate to them from the readings--I kind of get that feeling. Does that seem strange?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #8 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 1:50pm

Vicky:

The flying DVD thing caused me to laugh. Grin

Vicky wrote on Jan 27th, 2009 at 8:37pm:
That's funny Beau...a big flying DVD.

What I picture of Bruce's disk is one of those old flying saucers from the 50s.  I guess that's because they used to call UFOs "flying disks".  Anyway, that's just me.

Now you have me curious about it and wondering if Bruce ever gave a description of it anywhere??  I think he gives at least a limited description of it in his first book--I'll have to go check.  

Ok, I see that on the back of Bruce's 4th book is the picture of his Disk.  Doesn't look at all like the disk I pictured!   Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 8:49pm

Alycia, (That is you, isn't it?)
Smiley yes indeed.
_____

Thanks for all those thoughts. I'm still learning my way round here. I don't normally think of myself as a person who takes stuff too literally, but sometimes with Bruce's books I do find myself falling into that against my will. I get that the Disk is somehow a greater whole than the individual and that's very cool to me, but somehow the idea of a disk makes me think it has a mechanical personality or something--and I know that's not what he's talking about. I like the graduation aspects that the disk takes on a lot too and they are in tune with what I already believed. So its not a hard jump to the message as much as a slight difficulty following the path to get to the message, but the posts on the thread are making it much easier and I really appreciate it. I guess I just never thought of light workers as having jobs that seem a little...dare I say....mundane. And I don't think they are mundane, but in trying to relate to them from the readings--I kind of get that feeling. Does that seem strange?
____

not strange. for years I struggled with the vision of the same as you, and also with Monroe's loosh crop story. loosh is another word for what humans produce on this planet. love. the distilled essence of love. like aged wine perhaps.

it's not easy to get these concepts. it's difficult to have a vision and then have to translate it into a language of say 3 dimensions, when you been out in a 4 or 5 dimensional non linear time frame.

The we are all one concept suited me much better than the disc oneness, just until I finished re-reading Monroe with the news there that Bob had been retrieving his disc members left and right for some time so they could wink out, after Bob served one more life time here. each retrieval lifted the whole of mankind one step closer to what we might call an ascension process.

I know you are learning a lot. the mechanical aspects of a disc image may reflect the higher mental planes which are not the same levels as the emotional plane, it's more abstract.

for centuries mention is also made of the akashic records where data is stored of all lives lived by any single individual. the disc hold this information of each life within that particular disc I believe.

you can circumvent your way around the mechanical inference by reading about quantum physics, how a proton seems to have it's own intelligence and order. therefore even something mechanical is alive and vital and we are all a part of that aliveness and vitality.

If you get a chance read Monroe's bio, that was a mind blowing life he just lived. He and Bruce are in the same disc. it sets up an overview of the philosophy Monroe gives us and sheds new light on Bruce's vision.

happy exploring!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 12:08am

I have a reasonable understanding of Quantum, but I'm no physicist. What I meant was more about Bruce's whole vision of people working at what I would almost consider actual labor in the afterlife or focus realms. It just has the feel of a factory to me for some reason. I like it, but in my exploits I've never really run across these people so it seems a bit foreign to me and I wondered if how we perceive this world influences what we see beyond to a great extent. I know it does, but I wondered what people thought as far as how much it influences.,.,like where do I draw the line on my imagination making the experience palatable and what is the nuts and bolts of the afterlife...I"m kind of babbling, but that is sort of what I mean. Thank you Alycia for your time.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 5:25pm

you're quite welcome Beau. In the end, I see what you're driving at, that we cannot rely upon anyone else's report of the afterlife, only an experience of our own will do. In a sense, by talking here about it, we establish some sort of mapping out of it, by first using someone's sign post they put up for the unknown regions of the mind, then as we go we put up our own signs for others to follow perhaps.

I think one of the major premises here I've come to accept, that we make our own afterlife according to our thoughts and beliefs, desires and expectations, sort of the many mansions idea.
so while I'm sitting here in my now moment, I'm making my future moment, afterlife circumstances also.
I don't remember any parts of Bruce's books describing labor in the afterlife, so I'm not understanding the perspective.
maybe you could go into it deeper or say what page?

cheers! Smiley

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #12 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 6:21pm

Well, I guess it's just the impression I get from Bruce's whole experience in the afterlife. It seems like there are helpers right? and these helpers are mapping things out continuous time lines. To me that seems like labor, you know? I gather that some of this must be taken  as almost metaphorical or sort of like that. I really love the way he describes his place in F27 and I think I have an idea about my own from dreams I've had, but the workers working out the time lines and all is still hard for me to get my mind around. It's just so different than how I was thinking of things, but it's very interesting and really makes more sense I suppose than what I thought before, but then I would probably have put the book down if I hadn't liked it.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:11pm

it seems like it's this way with me, with all books that I like. that if I reread them a year or so later, I find it's like reading it for the first time, because I didn't get it all the first run through, and we change so much in a year, our understanding changes or broadens.

the 2nd time thru brings more enjoyment for me.
here's a little story I can share about helpers, laying down time lines.

I needed a van but I didn't want to have to do all the work of searching for a van. so I thought I would see if there was a spirit helper would find me one. it was only an experiment. My feelings were I was ashamed to ask for help, for something I could do myself.

I knew I would have to create the van as I wanted it. All I could think of I wanted a shiny color and a good dependable engine, so I thought about that in meditation. I pretended I was talking to a helper, who was going to find this van for me.
then I had a dream; a young man came and showed me a beat up looking red datsun and he said is this what you want? because I had been thinking of Datsuns also.
I vetoed the datsun. then the guide said be sure you know what you want and I'll see you later.

So I think about it some more, doing the decision thing firmly so that he can find what I want.
I have another dream. me and this guide are going for a test drive in this beautiful newer van with a great paint job and he's driving and looking at me he grins and says "you need to realize this is a very good engine."
which had always been my main concern, that I might buy a bad engine. the ride was very smooth.
___
time passed and I moved to another state in which I would acquire this van. The first van I saw on the internet for my price range I drove straight to it and decided to buy it without looking at any others.
It was the same van I'd seen that the guide had shown me, with the test drive, and it felt exactly the same when I drove it.

then I was certain there are guides who do this work. I even asked him, why do you do this work out here? He said he was inbetween lives and he enjoyed it, helping others and it kept him busy.
also he said many were like him, connecting buyers and sellers together, only he was one of the top connectors, and somehow I knew he was very efficient at what he did.
I said I don't have money to give you for your service to me, but I have a lot of love, and he said the gratitude keeps him going.

I did see him one more time; he had brought to me some weird jeep car which I was sort of attracted to it, but decided against because the van felt safer and more solid and could hold all the animals me and my girls had.  I often wondered what nonphysical beings do all day, right?

a lot of them help us! anyway, I thought he was a beautiful young man and I missed seeing him after the deal. he loved his work and you could tell. sometimes work is play for others.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #14 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:53pm

I must say Alycia, if you had told me that a few years ago I would have said,"okay, yeah that's great". But it makes a lot of sense now. I'm into what you're talking about, you know? I write a lot of songs and I find that since I've been tuning in (as I did when I was younger) the words and music are flowing so much better...I almost feel ashamed to call it my own. Thank you again for such wonderful comments.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.