Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very tricky dream. Need help to understand it (Read 2924 times)
Geoff

Very tricky dream. Need help to understand it
Jan 22nd, 2009 at 8:27pm

Hey guys,

Recently I've read quiet a few of Bruce Moen's books on his experiences. I've purchased the first few cd's of "The Gateway Series" but have neglected to get into it as I've started an intense maths course.

Anyway, I had a very tricky dream to explain last night. I was standing in a line for some reason with lots of other people when I suddenly became conscious I was in a dream. I looked around and there were beautiful women in black suits helping those in the line to get what they needed when one of these women came to me and gave me a hook "here you go" she said. I said "thanks" in reply and kept moving as the line progressed. At the end of the line I was given another hook by another woman from a big bucket. I said "But I've already got a hook". She looked at me surprised and said "No-one keeps there hooks they always throw them away, that's why I'm here to give them another!". I handed her the hook back then left, I turned around and caught sight of the previous women, she looked at me and I tried to remember her name "Jannie, right?" I asked. "Yes". I moved on.

I was walking in amongst what seemed to be a big shop or marketplace with lots of different stalls selling all and any items, nothing stood out to me. As I was walking one of my friends came to me and started acting weird - I realised he was dreaming so I tried to wake him. He didn't listen to me so I moved on but he persisted. I grew very impatient and started to snap at him when suddenly he says" Oh yeah, this IS a dream, wow"

We move to a table filled with my friends and we are all talking about us all here in a dream but conscious. They were saying things like "I am going to keep this chocolate so when I wake up I have it in my hands!" and "I am going to picture myself masculine so when I wake up I look like this". I had to keep correcting them that it is impossible but they persisted that anything is possible and that this definitely WAS possible.

The rest is a bit hazy to me but I remember waking up from this dream (however I was still asleep when I woke - so it was a dream I woke from the previous dream of my awakening) What I did when I woke up I forget.

I now wake in my bed and in this physical world thinking "What does all this mean?" and the question "Did I really become conscious of dreaming in my first dream - or did I just seem to but it was actually a dream since I "woke" thinking I was awake but then woke again"

It is to early for me to pass judgment on this dream and I was hoping that someone who understands dreams better than I could make some observations and suggestions as to the meaning of this dream.

Anyway, Thanks for taking the time reading my post! It's my first one, I usually come on to read all the thoughts of you guys in all different sections.

Peace,

Geoff from Down Under   Cheesy

IP Logged

Guns

Re: Very tricky dream. Need help to understand it
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:20am

Hi, Geoff.

Do you think it is possible that you might have been thinking allot about OOBE lately and becoming conscious in a dream and that might be the reason for you having this dream?
Caus I often dream of thinks or persons that I have been thinking about, especially if I think about them before I go to sleep.

IP Logged

Geoff

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:01am

I have been thinking about it a lot previously but not for the last 2 weeks. Perhaps it is my subconscious telling me to get back to it?

Geoff

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:33pm

I cannot really "understand" your dream, I only can tell I had similar dreams.
   Sometimes, while sleeping, I woke up from one dream, and when this happened, after a very short while I was in another dream (or another location) and after a little while I would wake up from this dream as well and again the location changed. At the end, we never can be certain if we dream or not.
   And I've been in similar states like your friends were. It wasn't that I realized I was in a dream, but I sort of awoke in a dream stating to myself, firmly believing it, "This is real!". I had that a few times when I discovered I could fly, and I was so astonished and fascinated that this actually was real! Even when I woke up to the physical world I wondered if I could fly (which I couldn't  Sad ) because the dream had been so vivid.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:02pm

Hi Geoff,

Welcome!
I don't believe other people can really interpret dreams for others very well--there's too much personal symbolism that goes into a dream.
However .... Wink  ...
All the math you're taking may not stall your OB interest --it might even increase it, since the brain / mind/ soul is much more than the rational exercises we so often give it.

So I agree with your second post that your 'unconscious' or whatever is trying to get your attention about the reality of dreams and other non-physical/ OB experiences.This dream has used at least 2 ways to get you involved:

It told you that your friends are involved in the reality of dreams. Your friends don't have to be friends you now have. They could be friends from your way past or your future.  They have discovered wonderful treasures in their dreams to take back to waking life, symbolized by chocolate or hunkiness. Great symbols!  Smiley

Also, there is a 'hook' to catch people and get them more involved with OBing that is not discussed much because most people get too hung up on it('Hook' as in fishing--to catch with): You can do OBs where you meet souls that are pure energy and do 'soul melds' with them. Soul melds are an exhilarating experience! The closest experience most people relate them to is sex, but while OB the entire energybody melts and blends with energies of another, usually someone of the opposite gender.
It's just a stage in spirit. These will lead you to understand the unity of all, not just a specific partner, and also lead to further understanding of the unity of all life, time, and space beyond the categories we put things in. People who get too attached to this stage eventually lose energy, it seems, until they can get back into making spiritual progress.

My guess is you put these potential partners in black because it's such an unknown hidden fact, or perhaps in your country you also have guilts about how to deal with the opposite gender, as do most. And if you don't currently know a Jannie, then I'm betting you're going to meet her. Because our dreams lead us through our lives; they can be prophetic.

Despite your studies, if you can find an uninterrupted time to take a nap when you're not completely tired out, I suspect you'll learn and experience alot more!  Congratulations!

Betson
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2009 at 10:32am by betson »  

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:59pm

I agree with Spooky. I'm not sure we are ever actually just dreaming. I can't recall one dream I've ever had about someone who wasn't also asleep when I had the dream about them...or passed on that is. But I do frequently dream about people I haven't met yet. Sometimes it is years later when I realize I dreamed meeting them before I did. I've even had deja vu in my dreams which is kind of weird. Since I've been experimenting with my dreams they have gotten much more vivid to me on this side of the experience. Try to remember your "waking life" while in your dream and it makes your dream life more memorable in waking life...at least I have noticed that for me. Good Luck Geoff==

Yours,
Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:49pm

Hi geoff  I feel that you were given this hook by this one certain woman as she could be a future event coming your way and probably be love at first sight, hence your hooked,also you meeting this friend could be that you just wanted and needed a friends support as i feel you maybe a little bit insecure in yourself.

Love and God bless  love juditha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.