Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Very Weird Dream (Read 5343 times)
Beau

Greenville SC
Very Weird Dream
Jan 6th, 2009 at 12:52pm

I had this dream a few months ago, but it has stayed with me so maybe I should get it off my chest. It's pretty simple really, I guess.

I am back in Bloomington Indiana where I went to Under Grad and it takes place at what I understood to be my old apartment there. A very heavy acid rain or even some kind of fallout is dropping from the sky and I'm running with my girlfriend (present one) to get inside but we see two bodies laying in the front yard. So we hoist these nude corpses over our shoulders and carry them inside the door to the apartment. The tone of the dream is kind of urgent as if the bodies were still alive but they are not. I wasn't being influenced by any gore on tv or anything so I'm not sure where it came from..and it's really out the ordinary for me to dream of anything like this-- And about a week later a friend of mine who also went to Indiana was chatting with me over a beer and he had a dream with a similar theme but with sexual themes that scared the hell out of him. I wonder if I was somehow being prepared to be more accepting of his dream since before my dream I would have just thought yuck, but actually it's still kind of yuck. Any thoughts?

Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Re: Very Weird Dream
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 1:55pm

Perhaps it was actually a shared experience, with neither party being aware of the other.  With the dream being experienced through the filters of each person's thoughts/beliefs?

What it means?  I dunno'  I am no good at dream interpretation.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 3:07pm

Hmmm. Perhaps, Andy. My friend has a lot more religious experience than I do. And I'm not sure if that may have colored his perceptions. He saw his images on what he described as being a lot like a TV screen. He was not participating, but he felt the images were being broadcast to him individually and taunting him with what he felt was a pure evil.

In my dream I didn't feel that it had any kind of evil connotation at all, it just was what it was-- it wasn't even scary really as if we were going thru the motions. What did seem scary though was the acid rain or whatever it was raining down from the sky... But why we would be trying to salvage bodies is strange to me unless maybe the dream was trying to say that I was holding on to dead ways or something and that they were weighing me down. It seems deeper though, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the comment, I know its a bizarro subject matter.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

sulla

Indianapolis, IN
Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 3:22pm

Maybe the non-physical you holding on too tightly to the physical you in non-physical realities?  What a tounge twister!

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #4 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 3:42pm

You saying that makes me remember something else. The corpses both looked like me enough that I noticed it at the time. You may have something with that. I was carrying my dead unnecessary self on my back for no reason..and trying to protect it...lol--wow that may be it, Thanks Andy.

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:35pm

I remember Monroes first book, when it started for him with the OBEs. He often was scared by this... body at his back, which seemingly was only half-alive; later he found it was his own physical body. Maybe this is an element of some dreams, distorted and integrated in other themes of the dream.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 12:40am

So what does Bloomington mean to you? What does it symbolize to you?What do you feel when you think of Bloomington in the dream?

I have unresolved issues arounf school and if I were to dream about Bloomington it would involve those issues. Bloomington to me means my two friends who went there and where they lived and didn't the library shift? and some other friends who went there; like my friend who studied dance; they had the greatest make-up class there (stage make-up), and my piano teacher's husband got his PhD therer in music. And there was a great night scene there. And it is very flat and open and exposed in Bloomington. But those are my images. But I'm trying to use them to trigger yours.

So maybe Bloomington just means you are a student. of something or other. What? Acid rain? dead bodies?It started sounding like "bones" when you got to that point. The rain would make the barely buried bodies float up. What are you trying to dig up? Are you looking for a body of information? to revive something?

Hey this is fun. I'll have to try it on my own dreams!  Cheesy

So anyway, did you react to anything? or is it all too silly? Are you from IN?

Then you can tell me why I was dreaming I was at school and climbing some wooden stairs like you'd find in a barn and they were covered with water and ice and broke as I stepped on them. Well, the ice is probably from the weather, but that is another issue. Anyway, what is this, college disaster week? Though I was not in Bloomington.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 9:11am

Thank you Lucy and Spooky. Definitely some good stuff to think about.
Lucy: Bloomington is the place I wish I had never left. I lived there for 5 years and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Dreaming of it symbolizes the time in my life when I felt I had the most promise for doing what I really wanted to do--Which was play music, work in the theatre and work in TV and Radio. I learned so much back then. I came there from the deep south and it was a real eye opener. There were churches around but people were very free compared to what I was used to. Your responses have given me some food for thought for sure. I will have to think about it.

As for your dream on the Icy barn steps that broke. Could the ice on the steps symbolize caution on your way up--in a figurative sense? I never lived on a farm so I don't know the personal meaning of those wooden steps for you. The step breaking could be some false information you not sure about that you are using to make an effort to advance that might not be based in love consciousness..maybe, hence the ascending to a broken step that won't support you. I'm not great a interpretation but I do like to talk about it.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 1:27am

Yeah, that was interesting...I was on my way up but I "froze" and everything fell apart. or where I put my feet fell apart. My support fell apart. Hmm . That could be a clue.

How did you choose Bloomington? yeah, college is an intense time and if it is good or partly good it seems to leave deep memories. I'd comment on the way Bloomington seems to be an oasis in the middle of...well I have friends from IN and I might get myself in trouble!

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 7:01am

I know what you mean about the Oasis. I wound up at Bloomington because I was called back at Julliard but I didn't get in and I needed a college to go to fast so my voice teacher said, "Indiana University is a good place to go if you're trying to figure out what you want to do cause it's so damn big you can do whatever you want". And he was right, the university is huge and the town is small. It was a perfect fit for me. I love the way it's so liberal right in the middle of well, you know...eh heh. But hey they went for Obama--I never thought I'd see that in my life time...so who knows, right?

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 12:07pm

wow  so you can carry a tune. Do you sing professionally at all? I can't sing well, and ever since I read about Jenny Lind as a child, it has been a thorn in my side! Anyway, I see music still informs your life. You used the phrase "The tone of the dream ..." . I might have used a word like "atmosphere". So does "tone" add anything to your interpretation?

I also grew up in the South, and having left, was amazed at how much the rest of the country indulged in the rabid racism of which only the South seemed to be accused. I've heard things about places like northern IN that really shocked me. (and Boston, for all its arrogance, has had its own racism). Maybe over time a place like Bloomington helped bring change. and so did economics. besides, his mama's family is from the midwest.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 12:47pm

Lucy your last post reminded me of a dream I had when I was first learning to play the guitar, speaking of tone. I had been trying to figure out a riff that Mark Knopfler played on one of his songs in my C1 life...and low and behold I had a very vivid dream about sitting in a room with him somewhere and he just showed me the lick over and over until I got it. I will never forget that dream--it had a huge impact on my playing too. I don't really sing and play professionally but I am trying to put a collection of songs together for my son's birthday in April. I hope I can have it ready for him.

Buddy Holly Lives!!
Yours,
Beau Cheesy

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:39pm

Hi beau  I feel the dead bodies in your dream signified the end of your time there and a new begining for where you live now ,and because you miss it there ,i feel your astral bodie is travelling back there for a visit now and then.

Love and God bless   lovre juditha

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.