Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Differing kinds of "Ressurrection" (Read 21489 times)
recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Differing kinds of "Ressurrection"
Reply #15 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 3:59pm

Hello Beau:

My reason for having good feelings about Christ aren't based upon believing in the Bible. There was a point in my life where I realized that I just didn't know what Christ is about. I prayed and found out in a number of ways that he is a significant light being.  I also realized that I received messages about him before I asked.  I can't say what Christ is all about, but I don't believe that fundamentalism has the answers.  Going by the messages and experiences I've had, Christ does seem to have a bigger responsibility in the grand scheme of things, than spirits that used to be human tend to have.  I once received a message stating: "The Bible's story of the lamb is mostly correct." I figure it is up to each person to decide what "mostly" means. I figure that opening one's mind and heart to divine revelation is a more trustworthy than relying on one's intellect.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:03pm

Hi Beau,

Good points and thank you for sharing some of yourself and your life here.  Re: Yeshua and his teaching style, if the N.T. is to believed, then yes he often seemed to have a "laid back" approach, but at other times he could be and was more fiery and passionate in nature.   Seems like he wasn't static, but changed his approach according to the need and situation at the time.

And, you seem to forget the many instances wherein he debated with various know it all spiritual expert, religious leaders back then.  Often he remained silent, but plenty of times he cut up their logic and reasoning with his greater perception and truths.  Occasionally he even strongly criticized their corrupt ways, and at others times more gently.

It seems like with the general people, with the so called common folks, he was more gentle in expression than say with the Pharisees who constantly tried to debate him and catch him in some major contradiction of the Torah. 

And i'm pretty sure that he believed he "knew better" than they did.  It's just that he didn't look down upon, or personally degrade others, because of their limited knowledge and limiting beliefs.  He always concentrated on the good in others, and sometimes by extension their beliefs, but plenty of times he vocally disagreed with their false aspects beliefs.   Does that make him an unloving and unwise person?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:13pm

I've received spirit guidance from Christ, and he does know better than me. I'm certain he realizes this. This doesn't make him egotistical and it doesn't mean he looks down on me, even though he does see me from above. Wink

Quote:
 Hi Beau,

And i'm pretty sure that he believed he "knew better" than they did.  It's just that he didn't look down upon, or personally degrade others, because of their limited knowledge and limiting beliefs.  He always concentrated on the good in others, and sometimes by extension their beliefs, but plenty of times he vocally disagreed with their false aspects beliefs.   Does that make him an unloving and unwise person?

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 4:14pm

recoverer wrote on Dec 19th, 2008 at 3:59pm:
I figure that opening one's mind and heart to divine revelation is a more trustworthy than relying on one's intellect.

Yup, and more so than reading something in a book and swallowing that, or the whole book, hook, line, and sinker.   Or for that matter, listening to a teacher or guru, especially those who proclaim themselves enlightened. 

On average, it is far better and more reliable to go within, and even if you really like and resonate with a particular source, to check that info against what your guidance or self experiences says.   

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #19 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 5:52pm

I think that need to degrade another's belief system comes from getting along a path too quickly to actually understand where you are. I can be defensive sometimes for sure but I hope I eventually take strides to apologize for any smarted feelings. I crave a broad discussion and I guess I am guilty of shutting down when I hear what to me seems shallow or unimaginative...but I have often found that I was too quick to judge when that has occurred in the past. I like Thomas Jefferson's Bible...I think it was Jefferson. Great day to all.

Beau

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #20 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 6:14pm

Beau:

I can't see that you said anything that would degrade somebody's belief system.

Regarding myself, when I see that a source of information intentionally seeks to deceive people, I figure I have a responsibility to say something.  What kind of World would this be if fraudulent sources of information and those who support such sources had the freedom to speak their mind, but those who know differently didn't?

If I believed in something that is false, I wouldn't mind if people spoke against it. Even if I wasn't willing to acknowledge that I was into something fraudulent, I am certain that a day will come where I will be happy that people chose to speak against the fraudulent source I believe in, despite how it effects my feelings.

I never write with the intent of hurting somebody's feelings. Unfortunately, the state of affairs exist in this World and perhaps beyond, so sometimes perhaps, there is no choice but to allow the risk that you might hurt somebody's feelings.

Even if nobody ever said anything that seems to be negative, one can be certain that somebody, somewhere, doesn't believe in what one believes in. Should one's feelings be hurt?

A lot of people would think I'm nuts if they heard about the spiritual experiences I've had. So what? They can think of me as they like.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #21 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 7:03pm

I must confess, Rec, that it is a little sophmoric, but I don't want to wind up in focus 25 when I could keep striving and maybe make it to 27. But it seems the people in here regardless of their beliefs are pretty open minded.

All the world's a stage...whose stage?--that is the question!...or is it the answer...Who is on first.
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #22 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Same here Beau. I don't want to end up in a focus 25 belief system. Therefore, I've found out what I've found through spiritual means.

Here's an example of receiving a clue about Christ before I tried to do so.

I was meditating and I saw the face of a man. He seemed to be in distress. I figured he needed retrievel help and spoke to him in such terms. Suddenly I found myself at the top of a cliff having a conversation with this man (non-physically).  I tried to get him to go to the light. He jumped off of the cliff and into the ocean below. I jumped in after him. I continued to talk to him while we were both under water. Next, we talked at the top of the cliff again.  Suddenly accross a bay to my left the image of Jesus appeared. Gold light radiated from Jesus and filled the landscape. The man I tried to help forgot all about me and floated to the shore where Jesus stood.

Here's another example.  Early on during my kundalini (creative aspect of being) unfoldment process I lay in bed awake one night, and suddenly I saw a lifesize image of a heavy metal rocker dude. I could see kundalini flowing within him. He said: "I use my kundalini for evil." Next, I saw a lifesize demonic image of myself. Next, I saw the face of Jesus Christ.  The message was clear. If I'm going to go through the kundalini unfoldment process, make certain that I do so with Christ consciousness/love in mind. Our creative energy can be used in different ways.

Another example, years ago I had what I refer as a night in heaven experience. At the time I was an atheist. I figured science had all the answers. Nevertheless, I found myself in higher realm one night. The happiness level was absolutely wonderful.  Not only did I understand that the afterlife exists, I completely understood how it was possible for it to exist without having to think about it.  I understood that everything works out wonderfully in the end. That our life of problems in this World isn't what life is really about. At the beginning of the experience I experienced the presence of Christ. I experienced his presence in a way where I didn't have to see his image. I understood without receiving any words that Christ is a key part of divine reality. It was an automatic knowing. There was nothing repressive about this. At the end of the experience I saw a star flash. I figure this star represented Christ.

It didn't take long for me to forget about the above experience. I forgot about it, just like some people forget about their near death experiences for a while.  After I made conscious contact with my higher self/spirit guidance, my memory of the above experience came back to me. I now remember it more completely than I did the days that followed the experience. I can't experience the full impact of the experience by thinking about it, but I am certain of this. When I had the experience I was absolutely certain about what I experienced and what I was understanding.

Here's an experience I had relating to Christ after I asked about him. One night I was reading a book by Elaine Pagels, and she wrote that the Gospel According to Thomas speaks of Jesus as if he was an enlightened being, the Gospels of Mark, Matthew and Luke speak of him as if he is a messenger of God, and the Gospel of John speaks of him as if he is God incarnate. Before I went to sleep that night I prayed for a dream telling me which Gospel is true.

In the middle of the night I woke up from a drream, turned on my night lamp, and grabbed my dream journal and a pen, so I could write some notes. Before I could write anything I saw a light flash. I see spirits appear as points of light when I see them through my crown chakra. The light I saw on this occasion was much larger than any point of light I had seen before. It also radiated more energy than any point of light I had experienced before. It felt divine. It felt more real than the physical World. The thought occurred to me with a laugh, "And people don't believe in the World of spirit."

I put my note pad and pen away, turned off my night lamp, and lay on my side. I was overcome by the energy of the spirit that visited me. I didn't see nor hear Christ, but I inwardly understood that this was the spirit of Christ. His presence worked on my energetic system for about 15 minutes. It did so in a manner that is beyond how kundalini operates. Ever since, the energetic flow in my upper chakras has been more clear, balanced and alive.

I felt lots of love, grattitude, humility and reverences towards Christ as this took place. My belief is that the spirit of Christ knew how to find my energetic signature, and he extended a part of his spirit to my energy signature so it could be worked on. I had a number of follow up visitacions. On some occasions the energy would push towards my crown chakra so intensly, it felt like my head would come off. It is no longer necessary for such intensity to take place.

So which gospel is true? I don't know. Perhaps each is correct in its own way. The key is that the spirit of Christ can reach out to anybody he wants to reach out to. Perhaps, all a person needs to do is ask.

There have been a few occasions where the image of Jesus appeared to me as I received a message.

There is a way to think of Christ that won't cause a person to end up in a focus 25 belief system. Belief systems exist in different ways. Perhaps the Monroe model can become a belief system if a person doesn't watch out.  

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #23 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 10:37pm

Excellent post, Rec. I may be a little bit unintentionally misleading in my posts. I have no doubt that the Christ light is what it's all about. My problem is with the texts...certainly not all of it, but some of it. Old or New Testament those writings had more purpose than enlightenment in my eyes. But when you speak of Christ I can see that you have are open to what Christ is saying and that is a beautiful thing. I live in the south, US. It is a true Bible belt down here and Jesus comes up I don't always know where someone is coming from at first. I don't know about the afterlife to a great extent as I've only had a few fleeting encounters with what I think may be related to it. And certainly your point at the end of your post is very true about The Monroe idea becoming a Focus 25 system of it's own if one isn't careful. I guess I am still attempting to bring the character of Jesus in the bible together with what I feel is the Christ light. I mean here the person as spoken of more than his own words. I believe the Bible is fallible so I have to secure my information from sources that ring true for me. Your above post is one of them and I thank you for that.

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 12:45am

Hi Beau,

You are a Monroe fan?   Me too, i read all his books and his 1st bio--I attended the Gateway Voyage program at TMI in Faber VA.  If you are interested in some non dogmatic, non religious info about Yeshua, then i recommend reading "Cosmic Journeys" by Rosiland McKnight whom was a long time, early explorer of Bob's.   There are a few interesting references to him and his life in there.  

I'm sure you've probably already read it, but there is a part in Monroes 2nd book wherein he shares one of the sessions that a woman had in his laboratory or at TMI.   It seems like a channeling of some sorts, and if you read it carefully, it seems like she is channeling none other than Christ himself.     At one point this Being says something like, "Many people look for my coming.. In truth I never left...  Do not look for me in the form of a man, the time hasn't come yet."  (all from memory, so don't completely quote me)

In Bob's 3rd book, Ultimate Journeys, he talks about an interesting meeting between his OBE self, with a physically alive person that he finds out is some 1800 years old.   If you read this account carefully, it might lead you to some conclusions about the identity of this person.  
For example, in one part Monroe is talking to He/She about him/herself, and says something like this to this person, "nobody really believes you exist."   Keep in mind, Bob for many years did not much have much respect or liking for the Christian religion and religious people, and was probably skeptical about some or many of its claims.  
In another part during that conversation, Bob mentions that he perceives this person as "occidental" in origin, meaning western or near eastern and NOT Asiatic.   There are a couple of other subtle clues in this account for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see.  

Then there is the Edgar Cayce readings, which out of all of the psychic type sources i've yet studied so far, has the most independently and materially verified info.   This work claims quite repeatedly and emphatically, that despite some editing and skewing of the NT that it is basically a correct story, and that Yeshua was the first of humanity (during slower vibrating cycles) to completely over come physical death, and all physical illusions.   There are other cycles he mentions, much like some of Monroes info also talks about, that there were times in the long distant and forgotten past when many, many "humans" were more Godlike in nature, similar to the developement of Yeshua.  (As an aside, there are quite a few concepts in Monroes work, that are first and previously found in Cayces work..how coincidental eh?)

Not only that, this source fills in some of his lost years, and talks about his various other lifetimes.   Yes, Cayce started out a religious Christian and remained essentially Christian in orientation, but during his psychic work he came across many concepts that first seemed to contradict his Christian beliefs at the time, like reincarnation, astrology, and various other topics.   Cayce eventually expanded and opened up his mind to these non religious beliefs, because he repeatedly saw the helpfulness of his source and the info that streamed through him.  
So much for belief systems always influencing ones perceptions.  Certainly didn't apply to Cayce and the info that came through him.

But beyond that, i recommend getting the truth for yourself during meditation/nonphysical exploration and dreams.  Like Albert, i've had both dreams and nonphysical experiences which lead me to believe that Yeshua was everything that the N.T. claimed he was, and then some.  
My experiences haven't been quite a dramatic or numerous as Alberts, but there are reasons for that.   I was 13 when i first started to become interested in nonphysical subjects, started to have conscious nonphysical/psychic experiences and became interested in  things like other lives, astrology, meditation, Yin/Yang concepts etc.    At first i gravitated more to Eastern influenced beliefs.  

But even then, i had a strong attraction to and deep respect for Yeshua.   Investigating the history of Christianity though, well it made me kind of sick, and yet there was ever that deep attraction and respect of Yeshua.  
  Later on, my studies into the Cayce readings, which i started to look into because of mysterious health issues, and which helped me a lot in that area, just cemented my respect for this figure, and really expanded my mind about the role he played and does play in things.   Cayce's source essentially seemed to place him in the role of main Spiritual director for this Universe, and especially for Earth.  

I don't ask you to blindly accept my beliefs, or the beliefs of the above sources.  I however hope that these may be an inspiration for you wanting to go within and get answers from your Greater Self about what this person and his life meant and means to humanity.  

I'm not a dogmatic, close minded person.  I've had experiences with E.T.'s, "ghosts", guides, and the all gamut that doesn't fit into little belief system boxes that all too often religion tries to put around Reality/unreality.   But i certainly don't know everything, I'm not a completed Being in Monroe's terminology and never claimed to be.  But i am fairly perceptive and open, and try hard to live a PUL centered life from being ever more "green" in lifestyle, to being vegetarian, to working in a service profession (i work with kids who have multiple disabilities), to being in a challenging at times, but exciting and growth filled marriage with a woman as complex and stubborn as myself, to well, i think you get the point that i'm not a fundie nor a newbie in spirituality.  

I'm only 28 years old, but i've been at this spiritual quest thing for 15 years now, and in some respects have had some very deep and challenging life experiences in that time.   I've been at periods so depressed to be near suicide, and at other times thought i would have a complete breakdown because of multi-layered challenges thrown my way by my Greater self for growth purposes.

Yet, in the last couple years despite inconsistent meditation and plenty of deeper life challenges still thrown my way, almost everyday and consistently i'm quite joyous, happy, appreciative, and fairly centered in both expression and in inner feeling.  Please don't let a young face and temporarily brash and somewhat pushy manner fool you.  

Boy, i really just tuted my own horn just now, lol you can add arrogant, egotistical tendencies to the above mix too.  Wink  Another Leo Rising tendency of mine at times.  

« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2008 at 12:32pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 3:30am

I wrote, talking about Yeshua, "Cayce's source essentially seemed to place him in the role of main Spiritual director for this Universe, and especially for Earth. "

This actually reminds me of another Monroe connection surprisingly.  In Monroe's first book, he mentions a very unusual occurance that happened at least a few times when he was exploring the nonphyscial in OBE state.  

He states that it didn't matter where he was, or who he was with, but on occasion this immensely powerful, rushing energy would sweep through whatever dimension he was focused in at the time, and then everyone in that dimension around Monroe, would "lay down with their bellies up".  

He said it wasn't coerced, but just something that everyone spontaneously and naturally did for some reason (and he felt the same urge too).   He asks questioningly "Is this God's Son?"  Perhaps, it was a humility, reverence thing for all these consciousnesses, wherein they realized the Co-Creator of their reality was passing (or rather concentrating) through?

This also reminds me again of the Cayce readings.  With Cayce's work, he wasn't technically a medium type channel.    Other consciousnesses/beings rarely ever spoke directly through him, but rather he would go OBE during a very, very deep altered, meditative state, and communicate with various beings and energies, and relay the info via his own actual consciousness.  

Anyways, on a few occasions we find him giving a reading, and all of a sudden it cuts off, and "higher self connected" Cayce starts to speak in a hushed and very reverent manner, and says something like, "Quiet, the Master is passing by.."  

Occasionally Yeshua directly spoke through, or relayed info via Cayce, but it was rare.  Cayce almost never remembered his readings consciously, but occasionally before and especially after a reading was given, he felt the presence of Yeshua/Christ, and sometimes experienced a warm but powerful Golden light energy.  In one Reading, it was given that Cayce's work was essentially and ultimately the work of "the Master of Masters" or Christ Yeshua if you prefer

Then, in Monroe's first biography, he talks a little bit about the nature of this Universe and its Creator.   He said something like things got a little too crazy in it's Creation, and then the Creator decided to become directly involved in the drama.  Monroe is not necessarily speaking of The Source btw, when talking about a "Creator".  

Not surprisingly, this again echoes info found in the Cayce readings, which suggest at different points, similar to John gospel in the N.T., that Yeshua Disk or Spirit Essence is the very Co-Creator of this particular Universe/reality.   In the Cayce work, it is said that Christ, the Co-Creator wasn't originally directly partaking in its Creation, but started to after many of its brothers/sisters/children started to become increasingly stuck.  
It decided to first show up as a deathless, unborn teacher who just manifested a body for itself, but saw that this approach wasn't working, and so then decided to become more immersed and enmeshed in this drama in Earth.   It decided to partake in the reincarnation cycle, and took a risk of forgetfullness to do so.   This spiritually leading the way pattern, culminated in Christ's fastest vibrating lifetime as Yeshua, whom Rosiland McKnights guidance claims at one point in her book "Cosmic Journeys" was "the highest vibratory being to ever come to Earth."

Not surprisingly, in Bruce's 4 book, Voyage to Curiosity's Father, we again find some fascinating, but subtle suggestions along this line when Bruce talks to the "Planning Intelligence".  The P.I. informs Bruce and his exploration partner, that the P.I is the Creator of this Universe, and like a Father to it, but YET was still the Child of THE Creator, of original Source.  
  During their initial contacts with the P.I., Bruce's exploration partner when tuning into and communicating with the P.I., got strong associations with the Christ and the Christ concept.  Hmm, yet she was not a "religious" person by any means...

Ok, not only that, but in Bruce's remembrance or vision of the birth of Creation, as shared with him by the P.I., we find yet more parallels with Cayce's work.  

Cayce's work suggests that the Christ Soul, was one of the first Souls to separate from Source and yet also the first Soul to fully merge with Source/The Creator again, even before the Earth and this Universe were manifested.   Cayce's source also says that this Soul, or Spirit, was and is the same thing/consciousness/energy as that we term "Love".  

Again, not surprisingly, this mirrors and echoes Bruce's vision of this birth of Creation and that, that One being, one aspect, one spark of "Consciousness the Creator", which to him seemed "thrown outwards", indeed return fully completed and merged with "Consciousness" before any other, and thus became a model for further Creating on part of Source, and now with its Child's help.  

This all was bit of an experiment in Bruce's interpretations.  Anyways, when examining this particular Spark, and why it was so successful in its purpose and in its mission, it realized that it was because PUL was an integral part of its Beingness, and that PUL acted much like, in analogy, water which surrounds and connects all the little particles of dry cake mix, making them all different/unique and yet One and connected at the same time.

In the N.T., particularly in John's Gospel, we read that Christ is the Light of the world.  

Light, the consciousness of same, is what connects everything to everything else, it is the essence of "The One Field", it is like the water that Bruce talks about.   According to Bruce and to the P.I., the P.I. is that very Light, it is the first awareness or rather concrete expression of PUL in Creation.  

Sure, this all sounds very far out to many here, but the repeating parallels, suggestions, and connections between these very different and seemingly unconnected sources is undeniable and uncanny.  Come on, we would expect to find parallels between Monroe and Moen's work, but between them and also with Cayce's and the N.T.?

It all came together for me (though i sensed parts and connections of it here and there), one night while taking a relaxing bath.  I received a "rote" totally and seemingly out of the blue then, and had one of those "Aha" moments and feelings, where I saw all the connections from these various sources that i had studied (and more than the ones i have just mentioned), and just knew beyond a doubt, in my gut (actually more in my Heart and Forehead  Wink ) that my conclusion/synthesis/over view was completely right on.  

I later wondered why i didn't get it all before.  After all, for years i was trying to figure out this Jesus guy, and what was the true story with him.  I guess i had to get to a certain point in my own spiritual developement before i fully comprehended and more importantly accepted all of it.  

No wonder why, then, that Albert frequently hears or hears of things like from his guidance, or his close friends guidance, things like, "In His name".   It's very similar to the things that Cayce's source oft said, and Albert has never studied or been into Cayce. 

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 4:25am

One more issue before i go, and related to my speaking out against a certain author and supposed guide.  Yeah, i know the below sounds overly religious and fundamentalist, but if you consider all the above two posts, it's not so narrow minded as one might initially think (and which i first did initially before i became more holistically and accurately aware of certain truths).

From the Cayce readings on outside, nonphysical sources of info (such as in mediumship and the like):
In one Cayce reading, someone asks this source "Q-How can I discern the helpful entities or forces from those forces that would do me harm?"
  The answer was pointed, and brief, "A-In each experience ask that they acknowledge the life, the death, the resurrection* of the Jesus, the Christ.  They that answer only in the as in the affirmative; otherwise, "Get thee behind me, I will have no part with thee.  Through His name only will I, accept direction." "
Reading 422-1

*emphasis added by me

If all the above stuff i have outlined, correlated, and synthesized is more true than not, then perhaps people here will get a glimpse into why i occasionally speak out and disagree with others about the helpfulness of sources which contradict the above standard and which slander this teachers very example.   I feel such sources are rather misleading and/or ignorant, in some cases they are purposely so and in others they just don't know better and aren't that spiritually mature/aware.   
   As Cayce's guidance said, this contradiction speaks against their very basic helpfulness and it would be wise to not listen overly deeply to such sources.

When it comes to Jane Roberts and Seth, i'm not totally sure if Roberts was more so "channeling" her unconscious aspects of mind,   an outside, individual nonphysical consciousness, or just making it all up.  The fact that all of her other channelings involve famous people seems to argue that she wasn't channeling actual real spirits, but either her own unconscious aspects of mind, or just making most of it up as she went along, and for obvious materialistic reasons of being well known and/or making money.  I looked up her general astro chart one time, and she has strong indications of inherent tendencies of both materialism and self delusion in her chart. 
  Interestingly enough, both Cayce's guidance and McKnights guidance constantly refused to "give names" when asked, and said that such would be limiting in tendency.   Very occasionally some guidance names came through Cayce's info, but it was very rare in the some 40 year and mostly consistent span of pretty much daily readings. 

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #27 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 11:40am

I will read these books you recommend, Justin, and I thank you for mentioning them. I am very glad to read what you write and I don't find what you have to say tedious or arrogant. I believe at the root of all existence there is only ONE thing. That duality is the illusion of separation. And if we truly are all one then ultimately there can be no Good and Evil, Love and hate and any other duality that you can think of. This is hard for me to write about because I have been misinterpreted many times when I say these things. When I am in a play with other actors at the end of it we all go out and have a big party after even though the people we played on stage that night may have killed each other and hated one another. Sometimes in life we forget that we are playing roles and that the costume will come off at the last day...The actor or seeker isn't going anywhere, but the character we played in this world must succumb to the end of his natal chart. So my point about Jesus is that I find fault with the Character's portrayal, not with the essence or actor that tried to break down the walls of the mind. I have yet to believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, or that his birthday is same as Osiris. And I have yet to believe in the resurrection as it is spelled out in the gospels, but I take great pride in my acceptance of what Jesus did. It's not that I am unopen to believing those things about Jesus...It's not as important to me as what he said and did. You know what bugs me the most about Church? When I go in there and everyone is talking about treating Jesus as a king--as though Prince Charles life would appeal to him. I get that a lot down here and it's true I don't go to church anymore, unless it's something special that my giirlfriend wants to go to.
Thank you for posting all this wonderful info about yourself and what connections you've made for yourself. It is very inspiring. I'm glad you pursued me on this subject because I do tend to fret a little when someone invokes the name of Jesus...because nine times out of ten, it's to tell me what's wrong with what I think. To me we are all interpreting the same message...I know, there appears to be other ones, out there, but to me ultimately all road lead to OM, so to speak...some roads are just a hell of a lot longer and less interesting. I don't think anyone burns in hell unless that's just the only they can see it coming together for them. You know what it is? Down here Jesus and Judgment are kind of one and the same. Don't get me wrong I'm not implying that you think this way...and maybe you do. I just don't believe anything is stagnant in the universe. I make the decision to move on or go back based on my ability to learn what I need from a given moment or life time. My separation from Christ is my own illusion to overcome. Jesus laid the groundwork to retrieve me and the Christ light will fulfill it when I can pull the veil down and see the connection without winding up in the pysch ward. Again many thanks for sharing and as soon as I finish Bruce's third book I will go back to Monroe and I'll look for this new book you've mentioned too. Many thanks for taking the time to benefit me.

Yours,
Beau

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 12:21pm

Wow, thank you much for your kind, thoughtful, open hearted/minded reply!  
And very good points, in the end it's all about the Oneness and not any one thought, idea, or Being.  Something that my Teacher would say Smiley .   Sometimes i don't hold that enough in my consciousness.  

Btw, i completely understand where you are coming from, except that perhaps i've  had an easier time of it.  I grew up primarily in MA, and had two laid back, non religious but spiritually oriented parents, and thus had all the freedom to choose my own path and beliefs.  Neither of them ever pushed their beliefs on me, and in most instances it wasn't till i was much older and already formulated my own basic beliefs, that i knew more fully what my Mom or bio Dad believed (for example, when i was 18 and had my first E.T. experience in a dream, she told me about some of her rather unusual experiences in that area).  
  My Mom's sickness with cancer when i was 16, and then later death when i was 20, was a very catalytic and transformational experience for me.   We were/are very close, and were born on the same B-day, Jan. 8th.  Since her death, she has become one of my occasional guides, and i had a very powerful meditational experience with her when at TMI (and a few dreams with her, before and after then).  

Anyways, a few years ago, i moved down to VA from MA.  To say that there was bit of a culture shock is perhaps an understatement, and lol good thing that i'm usually fairly patient and tolerant of other peoples expressions.   I mean, i'm like ultra liberal to the nth degree, and now living in a very red necky area out in more western Va.   I drive an E-bicycle to work sometimes and am poly amorous despite i'm married (my wife is too), to give you a sense.  

But even up in MA, i had had some challenging run ins with fundamentalist and close minded religious Christians which were a big turn off to me.  Once i was told that Satan speak to and through me, and this supposedly from my "friend" and poor young woman with a brain tumor who was rather unbalanced because of same.   Yet, i was open hearted enough to attend TEC weekend retreat (teens encounter Christ) when 21 on the recommendation of my younger brother who is likewise very open minded and hearted, intuitive, liberal, kind of "New agey", but also deeply loves and respects Yeshua, his life and teachings.   I met that friend there, who later called me Satan influenced because of my unusual and nondogmatic beliefs.

So yeah, i completely understand where you are coming from, but like i've said, i've probably had it much easier than yourself in that regard.   I've become aware of another life self of mine which is very highlighted in my psyche, and he grew up and lived in the deep south for much of his life during the early 1900's.   He was very religious from the get go, but eventually (and thankfully!) became more open minded and heartedly spiritual in orientation (actually, he was always open hearted for the most part).    

This life has left somewhat of a bitter taste for dogmatic religion in my mouth/subconscious beyond my current experiences.

Have faith, the full and whole, and less distorted Truth (based around Oneness) will eventually shine through to all on this little rock!  Just may take awhile and a lot of challenge and testing inbetween to get there, but it will i'm quite sure. Smiley

If you're ever up in Va, we should have lunch or dinner sometime.

IP Logged

Beau

Greenville SC
Reply #29 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 3:38pm

Well, that's really it, isn't? The bitter taste of Dogma. I guess for most of my experiences with people's impressions of Jesus it has always seemed to lead them ultimately to that dogma that makes it so hard for me to advance in conversation with them. I think the wisdom of the Christ light has permeated everything and every voice, but when our egos of either fear or fearlessness gets in the way we lose our way... I know I do. It's like a road that I know I have traveled before in some other time and I genuinely feel I have brought back something else with me this time. I haven't fully defined it yet, but I'm pretty sure most of the time of what it isn't...now by that I don't mean that such a dogmatic path will not eventually lead to the OM, but like I said before, some paths are longer...or at least different. The Oversoul is experiencing through all of us and I feel there is no need to be hasty, but at the same time I don't want to lose ground. I often hear christians down here say "why bother with all that, just accept Christ as your personal savior and you don't have do anything but live as the bible says." Then I look at where the Bible has lead humanity and I just have to wonder, you know? I have an enormous respect for Christ as I understand Christ, but I'm not looking for a short cut. Everything still evolves...even the message, but I have to keep coming back to the Golden Rule. I can't say I always follow it but before the day is over each day I am aware of it and I press on. There is too much masculine energy wrapped up in the character of Jesus in the stories...not in what he says or how he acts, but in how his words and actions effect others. I think that is because the scriptures were written by men with an agenda. All the fear inducements and follow the leader, but they are really asking that you follow the rules in the Bible or so it seems to me. Don't mistake me here, there are marvelous passages as we all know...brilliance in fact, but It's not important to my growth whether Jesus performed miracles. What's important to me is that he understood that there can be no separation of one to another. We all swim in the same universal pond. The Light reaches you. It just does and it's not meant for everyone to be reached in the same way. The Golden Rule for me is where the source lives. If I could come to the understanding that it necessitates there would be only bliss....but I'm not sure I'm ready for total bliss yet, you know? But I get that anything done to another is done to me and Jesus is not asking me to go to war with anyone. That is wrapped up in that fear mentality of the Bible and the Koran and really any doctrine that is taken for the word of God. I say it's all the word ultimately because the ability to communicate comes from that same source. Even doubters are on their path and it used to get under my skin when someone said, "I think we just die...we cease to exist". Because I can't comprehend that at all and I'm sure you find that to be the case or we wouldn't be here, but if there is only ONE then it's either on or it's off...I say it's on and our lives prove that...even if we are living in an illusion, which is entirely possible to me. Well so much for these stream of conscious ramblings.

I don't get up to Virginia very often but I certainly will if Bruce holds a workshop there. I hope we can meet up sometime. That would be very cool. It's great talking with you. I can clearly see that your impressions of Yeshua are quite different from the ones thrust on me over the years.

Beau

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.