Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream about insects (Read 5062 times)
spiri_t

Dream about insects
Dec 10th, 2008 at 4:48pm

Hey everyone

How does one interpret a dream about insects? The insects are all around but they aren't crawling over your body. There are spiders and bugs and although they do no harm you feel scared. Like something bad is about to happen. This dream can be very real. What could this mean?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Dream about insects
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 8:35pm

Why did they scare you? If one of them had walked across your body, and then over the other side of you, would that have been scary? What if one bit you? Would that have been scary?

Do you feel like you can't move in this dream? You can't get up and walk away? Are you trapped?

Perhaps you are exploring these kinds of emotions in your dream world. You are testing yourself in some way?

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 9:44pm

I had some dreams with insects, too, but can't tell about a specific meaning. So I second Blink, could be it was about your feeling you had in this dream. Maybe you could try to re-experience it to some degree, and when you're "in" it try to focus on how exactly you feel. Maybe you know this feeling from situations of your life, and if so, you then could think about the meaning of the insects again.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 9:59pm

Hi Spiri_T, and welcome on board Smiley

Expand the idea of insects and bugs to a social level.  Bugs can be be very annoying, and they can also hurt you at some degrees.  Do you see or feel this pattern somewhere in you daily life?  Is there some people or recurrent events that could be those bugs??

In your dreams there are just around, so I guess you're still "protected".

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 5:57pm

Perhaps the fact of having a message dream shows that those who protect us are there.

PhantasyMan wrote on Dec 11th, 2008 at 9:59pm:
Hi Spiri_T, and welcome on board Smiley

In your dreams there are just around, so I guess you're still "protected".

IP Logged

spiri_t

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 2:05pm

Thanks for the replies. I guess I do feel annoyed by some people. There are many things I don't like about the people around me. Mostly that they don't understand me. It bothers me that everyone pretty much lives inside his own world, it's very hard to really get through to another person.
This wasn't the first time I had a dream about insects. Spiders and other insects can be dangerous, some of them are poisonous. That was the thing that scared me. When I woke up I checked if there were any insects around. Just in case.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 3:37pm

Spirit, I can see how insects might represent certain annoyances in your waking life. And their point of view certainly seems different than our own. But, maybe your dream was showing you how their point of view is not really so different from your own.

Perhaps it is a matter of scale. We each walk our own path, but maybe it is equally difficult for each of us to comprehend the other.

For one thing, we see with different eyes, insects and us. But we each have marvelous skills to display, when they are applied in the right environments.

I will not say that your fears are unfounded, but there may be more to learn from a patient exploration of/meeting with these creatures than we might imagine is possible.

Last night, rather late, two tiny, green, gossamer flying creatures entered my small home, unseen. First, one was attracted to my computer screen, because the room was dim. It perched there, looking in my direction briefly. It decided to rest on my screen while I read. Another one soon joined us.

They looked like tiny green dragonflies, except the 'stick' part was very small, and the eyes were tiny. I'm not good with names.

Anyway, we were good company together, the three of us, for some time.

Outside, it was getting quite cold, after a day which climbed toward 80 degrees. This was the best place they could find.

It may be that my finches had a meal later but, if so, I didn't notice.

Anyway, I hope your dreams find you feeling more peaceful next time. There is usually some kind of 'mission' these folks are on, but sometimes it's possible to just spend some time together, no questions asked.

love, blink

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 11:37am

Hmmmn, I noticed one of the pretty green insects, centered on my multicolored tablecloth, behind my computer, below my small lamp, once again, late last night, as I spoke to someone on the phone. It hasn't moved again, though, so I left it there for now...just sitting there with its wings drawn up to its body.

Perhaps that is all she wrote.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.