Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Workshop in Chicago, IL (Read 10977 times)
Ronny

Workshop in Chicago, IL
Dec 9th, 2008 at 4:27pm

I'm interested in sponsoring a workshop in Chicago, IL. Is there any interest in getting Bruce over to Chicago to hold a workshop? The location I'm considering is an apartment located at the edge of a gentrifying location (intersection of Damen/Diversey/Clybourn), which is across the street from the Chicagoland Costco's warehouse store.

Ronny

IP Logged

Ronny

Are There Any Interested People in Chicago?
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:04am

I thought I'd rephrase my initial query to ... are there any interested parties located in Chicago? I no longer am asking if there are any interested attendees to a workshop conducted by Bruce Moen.

Thanks.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Workshop in Chicago, IL
Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:45am

Hi Ronny,

We did a look a year or so ago and not many/any Illinoisans were around then.  (I'm one at heart but have relocated.)

Borrowing Vicky's idea to Jody J on another thread, what about also posting your interest on bookstore b-boards, CraigsList or other compatible websites ? Someone did that in my area, a much smaller city, and came up with 8 responses.

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:12pm

betson wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:45am:
Hi Ronny,

We did a look a year or so ago and not many/any Illinoisans were around then.  (I'm one at heart but have relocated.)

Borrowing Vicky's idea to Jody J on another thread, what about also posting your interest on bookstore b-boards, CraigsList or other compatible websites ? Someone did that in my area, a much smaller city, and came up with 8 responses.

Betson

Thanks for the response, Betson. When you state "not many/any Illinoisans were around then", does this mean Illinoisians on the  www.afterlife-knowledge board? or Illinoisians in general?

I'm not that much concerned about marketing to the Chicago audience. I have resources and can do local legwork marketing in Chicago. For our other businesses we advertise in local papers, etc., so transitioning to other products or services offering will be easy.

Keep those cards and letters coming.

Ronny

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Hi Ronny,

I just meant not many Illinoisans seemed to be here on the A-L site.
-- Also I thought maybe that comment would work in reverse and some would speak up.   Cheesy

Betson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 3:59pm

betson wrote on Dec 12th, 2008 at 3:20pm:
Hi Ronny,

I just meant not many Illinoisans seemed to be here on the A-L site.
-- Also I thought maybe that comment would work in reverse and some would speak up.   Cheesy

Betson

My apologies for being so overbearing and so picayunish but I'm very detailed and I guess I'm stuck in this mode in this life. To get involved in marketing Bruce Moen's seminar/workshop in Chicago really will entail a lot of grassroots (community organizer approach, so to speak) effort. I just wanted to find out where I stand in this area.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #6 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 9:28pm

Chicogo is a big city with good transportation to and from many other  cities.  I'm game to come to the frozen North for a group.  If I can be of more  help let me know.

Bruce

IP Logged

BobK1952

Chicago, IL
Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 12:29am

Hi,
I live in a western suburb of Chicago and may be interested in a workshop. Being a suburbanite, parking is always a concern when going into the city.

A few months ago, Paul R, new head of the Monroe Institute held a get together for TMI alumni. Reaching out to TMI participants in the Chicago area may be another group likely to attend one of Bruce's workshops. I know that for myself, reading Bruce's books was the inspiration for me to take Lifelines at TMI.

Bob

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #8 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 12:55pm

BobK1952 wrote on Dec 24th, 2008 at 12:29am:
Hi,
I live in a western suburb of Chicago and may be interested in a workshop. Being a suburbanite, parking is always a concern when going into the city.

A few months ago, Paul R, new head of the Monroe Institute held a get together for TMI alumni. Reaching out to TMI participants in the Chicago area may be another group likely to attend one of Bruce's workshops. I know that for myself, reading Bruce's books was the inspiration for me to take Lifelines at TMI.

Bob

Thank you for mentioning the meeting that Paul Rademacher spoke at as the guest speaker. My wife and I were in attendance also. We would like to obtain a list of all the attendees to offer the prospective workshop. As I recall there were over 20 attendees and with their network of friends and families, the possible list of interested parties may even reach to 60.

The location of the prospective workshop has a lot of offstreet parking spaces.

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 1:39am

Bruce Moen wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 9:28pm:
Chicogo is a big city with good transportation to and from many other  cities.  I'm game to come to the frozen North for a group.  If I can be of more  help let me know.

Bruce

I don't know how often you get on your board to answer questions and monitor activity, but I haven't had any reply from you in regards to previous inquiries about conducting a seminar/workshop in Chicago. If you are interested in working with me in holding a seminar/workshop in Chicago please get back to me with information on how I can contact you by phone. I need about three months of notice to set up the seminar/workshop situation, market the program, register the students, etc.

We're currently in a Mercury retrograde period which won't end until early February, 2009. This is an ideal time for planning and setting up things.

The Chicago market is a large market with many people interested in altered life knowledge. If you want to get a foothold in the midwest, working with me will allow you to get something going in this area. I know of some of the locations where you've conducted seminar/workshops so I may be mistaken in my assumption that you have not made a presence in Chicago.

Ronny

IP Logged

maks

Reply #10 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 3:30pm

Excellent idea! I am up for the Chicago. It is 4 hours drive from Indiana. Let me know about the dates,

Maks

IP Logged

Ronny

Reply #11 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:28pm

Maks,

Thanks for the comments. I made initial inquiries to Bruce Moen about conducting a set of workshops in Chicago. I've promoted seminars/workshops previously of other speakers and need about a three month lead time to market throughout the midwest. This is to insure that we have a high probability of making profits. I don't go into a business proposition expecting to lose money, but make money. It appears as if Bruce Moen's schedule is unavailable for the midwest, hence I've ended discussions. If you know of speakers who would be interested in working with me on capitalizing from a midwest exposure, run them by me.

maks wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 3:30pm:
Excellent idea! I am up for the Chicago. It is 4 hours drive from Indiana. Let me know about the dates,

Maks

IP Logged

supermodel

Indiana
Reply #12 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 9:07pm

This thread is pretty old, but I work in Chicago and live about 20 minutes away in Indiana.

If anyone is still interested, let me know.

Supermodel....

IP Logged

lightnlove

Crystal Lake, IL
Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2009 at 3:43pm

Hi all -
I've been on this website for 2-3 years - but not very active. Anywho..... I am very interested in doing a workshop in Chicago. Would love to be a voluteer & help anyway possible to get this happening -Soooooo  contact me please anybody !!!!         Lightnlove Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.