Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
USA Democracy (Read 7532 times)
hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
USA Democracy
Nov 4th, 2008 at 6:04pm

Just a congratulations on your vote for democracy. With record amounts of voters coming out and the possibilitie of real change, no matter who wins, its a great day for the world at large. Perhaps once all the votes are added up and the arguing is over, the rest of us on this little planet will start to see real leadership from the US once again. What I see as a real showing of the desire for change shows me that tens of millions of people in the US are ready to make a difference once again, instead of being led around blindly by the nose. Now if one country like the US can get together and push for instrumental change then just think how possible it will now be for the same as far as spiritual change can be made. Collectively and as a united leader, among all nations, you have the ability to change the world for the better. Hold your government responsible for their actions once again. No longer be sheep. But transform yourselves back into the eagle that at one time you represented. The possibility of a Black man as your President, or a woman as your Vice President shows how ready you are. Welcome back USA.  

IP Logged

recoverer

Re: USA Democracy
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 9:05pm

Early on it looks like two southern states have voted for McCain. A bad sign.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 9:08pm

Not worried, it's all good.  love, blink

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #3 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 9:14pm

I do tend to be a worrywart at times.

Quote:
Not worried, it's all good.  love, blink

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 9:31pm

Yes, and we love you for it.

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 2:20pm

When I look at the political scene from a far-away perspective...pretending I'm high above the 'heavens' and watching events unfold...

I wonder about the circumstances that led Obama to be born to be the first African American president. The wisdom is usually given that we choose our parents and so forth.

So Obama is African-American in the classic sense. His 100% African father and his white mother make him pretyy much clearly biracial. He has obviously chosen to identify as a black man, and that is how folks see him. He was raised by a white family and I somehow think that helped him accomplish this goal. His mother was obviously very racially tolerant...I believe his half-sister is half Asian.

What is really odd to me is that all his family except his sister seems to already be passed over. The grandparents who raised him, his mother and his biological father, all gone on. And he is young for a president. Something set him on this course long ago, but the odd thing is feeling I can almost see part of that because of the way things pan out.

I wonder if he will have a long life. Hopefully the comparisons to Kennedy will not continue too far.

What do others feel about this?

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:33pm

Lucy wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 2:20pm:
I wonder if he will have a long life. Hopefully the comparisons to Kennedy will not continue too far.

What do others feel about this?

I feel and sense that if he over steps certain boundries that certain groups who have a lot of power and influence determine, then he may not have a long life at all. 

Those groups are the money powers of the world (who at this point seem to have more power than the various governments), and they go beyond single country boundries, and they very much are attached to the current system and don't tolerate change very well, especially not change which threatens their immense material influence in the world.

So we will see whether or not if Obama is just another more or less puppet and fear filled character on the stage.   

I hope not, I hope he is for radical change and reformation.  I hope he lays bare all their dirty little and not so little secrets.   

Spiritually though, what's in the best interest for the American people and also the world?   

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:46pm

hawkeye wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 at 6:04pm:
Just a congratulations on your vote for democracy. With record amounts of voters coming out and the possibilitie of real change, no matter who wins, its a great day for the world at large. Perhaps once all the votes are added up and the arguing is over, the rest of us on this little planet will start to see real leadership from the US once again. What I see as a real showing of the desire for change shows me that tens of millions of people in the US are ready to make a difference once again, instead of being led around blindly by the nose. Now if one country like the US can get together and push for instrumental change then just think how possible it will now be for the same as far as spiritual change can be made. Collectively and as a united leader, among all nations, you have the ability to change the world for the better. Hold your government responsible for their actions once again. No longer be sheep. But transform yourselves back into the eagle that at one time you represented. The possibility of a Black man as your President, or a woman as your Vice President shows how ready you are. Welcome back USA.  

I am very heartened by recent events.  It seems that the majority of people in this country are willing to move into a healthier, more collective direction.  

Yet, I question whether or not we still have a true "democracy".   It seems pretty darn clear that so much of what our founding fathers warned us about, has already come about.  

Sure, the illusion of democracy is still there, and most buy it, because we still do live in an unusual country with various material freedoms that yes, some countries still do not enjoy.  

But democracy is too strong of a word, and doesn't quite describe what we now have.   It seems much more applicable to countries like France where the gov. usually has a much healthier respect for the opinions, wants, and needs of the people because the French well remember the lessons of the past where we Americans have mostly blithely forgotten them and the very WORDS and warnings of those who tried so hard to set up a good, but not perfect, system of government.  

It was hijacked awhile ago (especially after we conveniently lost the gold standard), and has been increasingly manipulated, weakened, and made vulnerable by groups of special interests and immense, almost unbelievable greed and power hunger.  And don't forget the collectors of huge sums of money.  

The Apple still looks somewhat sweet and delicious, but it is so rotten at its core.   Is it not high time to compost the apple?  So if we patch the outside of the apple, it will somehow heal the inner?

But like i said, I am very heartened by collective movement of the people...  Now if they would just realize that there is so much more to maintaining a true and healthy democracy than going out once every 4 years and pulling the proverbial lever...     Ahh, but that requires sooo much more work, self sacrifice, and vigilance than the latter.  

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #8 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 2:08pm

Your probably right about the real democracy thing aka, but really its most likely one of the closest we have. At least we are allowed our choice of who governs. Its not a true democratic country. Its not like the people really make the choices of what going to be law or not. Nor do you get to decide what laws will be enforced. Some minor exceptions are there though. Like California deciding against Gay marriage. The people did vote on it and the majority who voted have decided that they will not recognise the union. So that's democracy of a sort. Yet what about those who had decided to marry? Now they will face discrimination and a forced ideology. Is that democracy? Or is it a persecution? No matter what, I wish this man well in governing your country. He has a big job ahead of him. With Bush's war still under way, the economic situation thanks to the banks and the leadership that is on its way out, uncertainty as to what is happening with oil, global warming, just to mention a few. Big job for a newbie. I still think he will be fine.
Now that Obama has been elected as your next President I understand he is going to get a new dog as tradition governs. Don't you think that a good change would be if he went down to the SPCA and got a dog? That would show true leadership.
Joe

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 10:01pm

Right you are, but the children must also decide.... Smiley

hawkeye wrote on Nov 6th, 2008 at 2:08pm:

Now that Obama has been elected as your next President I understand he is going to get a new dog as tradition governs. Don't you think that a good change would be if he went down to the SPCA and got a dog? That would show true leadership.
Joe  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 5:34am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/us_elections_2008/7714480.stm
here's the scoop on the puppy selection process, the whole world watches

apparently....

quote from BBC news:
"Michelle Obama has been quoted as saying she would like a rescue dog - which would certainly be a story of canine rags to riches.
Reports suggest that because daughter Malia has allergies, the Obamas may be considering a "hypoallergenic" breed that sheds less hair.
Options could include a labradoodle - a cross between a Labrador and a poodle - a schnoodle (schnauzer and poodle), or a cockapoo (cocker spaniel and poodle).
Malia, however, is rumoured to favour a goldendoodle - a poodle crossed with a golden retriever."

Really, I'm not making this stuff up.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 1:38pm

If people are going to worry where Obama gets his dog from, he has rough road ahead.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 1:38pm

I love you too. Smiley

Quote:
Yes, and we love you for it.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 5:44pm

Okay, enough already! Smiley

(CNN) – In his first press conference since winning the race to the White House, President-elect Barack Obama addressed a pressing question: who is going to be the first dog?

Obama told a group of reporters in Chicago on Friday that since his 10-year-old daughter, Malia, is allergic, the Obama family is looking for a hypoallergenic breed. But Obama also said the family wants to adopt one from a shelter.

“There are a number of breeds that are hypoallergenic, but on the other hand our preference is to get a shelter dog, but obviously, a lot of the shelter dogs are mutts like me,” Obama said. “So, whether we are going to be able to balance those two things I think is a pressing issue on the Obama household.”

Obama is of mixed racial heritage: His mother was Caucasian and his father was African.

Obama announced in his victory speech on Election Day that his daughters had “earned” a puppy. Obama joked that this is a “major issue” and said that since Election Day, the family’s dog choice has created more interest than any other topic.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 7:03pm

WHAT'S WRONG WITH CATS?  Angry  Talk about discrimination. I'd like to see what the white house litter box looks like.

Dogs bark a lot, cats tear up the furniture. It's a no win situation. My goodness. To be in command. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.