Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Friend's Dream and Research Idea (Read 4656 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Friend's Dream and Research Idea
Oct 14th, 2008 at 12:24pm

Greetings,

Recently a friend told of an unusual and intriguing situation with a dream--
he vividly dreamt of a man being murdered in a warehouse, seeing boxes etc stacked so clearly that he knew exactly where his viewpoint was.
When he awoke, just for the fun of it, he googled 'man murdered in a warehouse' and got a current match! Shocked

So, that presents a question and an opportunity for some consciousness research --

Have others also opened channels into realms of consciousness that possibly connect into other peoples' lives?

Have you already found this true?

Would you be interested in using the web to discover whether this is happening with you?

I am!   Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Mark

Yakima, WA
Re: Friend's Dream and Research Idea
Reply #1 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 6:27pm

I'm up for it.
I keep a dream log and have never thought to explore beyond my own back yard for possible links to others. It might be worthwhile to to create a list of possible scenerios that might lend themselves to being googled. For instance "man killed in warehouse" would be easy. Where as "found myself walking naked down the street" may not. And with the worldwide web having a billion news reports every minute you would have to be some what specific in order to consider it a "hit".
What do you think?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:25pm

Hi   Smiley

Thanks, Mark! I agree that we need some criteria for what is a hit.
But there are so many kinds of dreams!
So it gets complicated real fast.

(Also, I believe dreams are most importantly a means of finding out about our own relationships and self. Sometimes that dream information is given ahead of time, so we don't want to get too busy to notice our own clues.)

Maybe what constitutes a hit in this first stage of inquiry is simply that the same situation is found within say no more than a few days--3?  5?   We could log the web address of the info along with the dream. Then after we have a few, we could determine what their similiar characterstics are and make those our critieria.

That's just a thought. What are other considerations?

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Mark

Yakima, WA
Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 4:16pm

First of all I was thinking to say that not everything we try to match will be negative (IE disasters, murders, rapes, hurricanes, plane crashes, etc)
It would be nice to wake up after a pleasant dream of someone being born, or married, or winning a game, or achieving some other life long goal, and making a hit. But the media isn't much bent in that direction.
Or is it?
What would be a positive dream scenario that might make the news? Is there any personal need for a positive dream on an international scale?
It seems when we read of those who prognosticate based on dreams it is usually disaster. Is this the same fire and brimstone that forces the feeble minded to church out of fear? If I dream something good for the future and certify it by a world event does anyone want to know?
(Don't mean to get too far off subject but you have me thinking...)

IP Logged

jetman

Canada
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 7:06pm

sounds like a good idea. I am in.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:03pm

Greetings,

that's a good point, Mark, unfortunately  Tongue
Agreed that fear can motivate whole groups of people--  even though kindness has great impact on individual souls.

So this study will be biased / limited by the nature of 'news' that seeks to create the most effect by emphasizing the negative. 

---  Cheesy but hey! it still may be fun to try it!

Wink Now I have to leave to do a websearch to see if last night's vivid dream has a physical parallel: an orange-haired teenage boy was washed from the sea to a rocky shore where he had to hang on to boulders while waiting for rescue.
(I also have a personal explanation for this, but perhaps dreams apply to several dimensions  Undecided )

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:20pm

I think there is some truth to this idea, that there is a relation, but I'm not sure what it is. I admit to noticing this, but not pursuing it in a methodical way. But I had not tied it to dreams, specifically. I suspect that some kind of priniciple exists, which is not limited to dreams alone. Sounds very interesting, Bets.

love, blink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 9:34am

Sounds like a very interesting experiment.  I would also add that you can do checks and verification not just through the media and web, but with just in talking to people around you.  This is obviously easier to do if you know the dream had to do with a specific person who you know, and then you can ask that person a question to open up the topic and see if they reveal hits to your dream. 

I've had a couple instances of dreams of specific things about specific people, information that I couldn't possibly have known, and it turned out to be 100% accurate when I checked it out with the other person. 

Like you seem to be doing in your experiment here, I too wanted to find a way to figure out the "formula" for how this was happening and and how it was possible. 

The only thing I've come up with, vaguely, is that at least for me, this kind of psychic connection is emotional-based.  But it goes deeper than that, and it would take me a lot of thinking to be able to define it better.  Basically, I think I picked up on some emotion on a subconscious/psychic level and perhaps something about my own self (curiosity or empathy) made me open to receiving more information about the situation this person was going through.  Then bam, I have a dream seemingly out of nowhere that presents an entire picture to me.  Obviously there were things in the works that were taking place way before my conscious mind had any idea of any of this going on.

Does that make sense?

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Greetings,

" Obviously there were things in the works that
were taking place way before my conscious mind
had any idea of any of this going on."

What Vicky says about that type of prophetic dreams applies to all types of dreams, even though verification methods only work when applied to the appropriate type.  Huh This is getting complicated!

For example, I've tried finding my dream (noted above) on the web with the search words " teen  washed ashore   rocky." I found it's really sad how many people wash ashore!!  But none of them fit my dream/person, and in reading about them, no story gave me the slight lurch I get when my non-physical experiences become more understandable.

I did get the 'slight lurch' when I was pondering that same dream and I recalled an old saying I used to hear -- 'on the rocky shores of life,' meaning 'having a rough time coping.'

Since that vivid dream, I haven't had another --  this could be a real long-term study.   Smiley

Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 5:44pm

my precognition dreams basically are given to show me who I am and sometimes infer to what I am.
my philosophy is I have free will. which means to me, there is a reason we see the future, but not perhaps the reason we assign to it. therefore if we have free will, even the future we view is not an absolute, but could mean choices are coming up or alternate realities, or possibilities and/or probabilities are on the horizon.

I see life  as being an actor within a movie. the end of the movie is already there, but I become so absorbed in whether the heroine or hero will overcome the challenges presented and "awaken" that I make myself believe it is real, not a movie.
that way, if I immerse myself in the movie, I am allowing myself a surprise, and surprises are enjoyable.

In this way, each life I enter is a movie, whereby I still retain the option to change the plot by my ability to walk into another movie house, right next door. many of us remain seated in the show we have chosen to enter, when you don't have to stay in your seat really, there's another movie right next door.

many movies have become predictable, meaning you realize you can write the ending better than the original producer/writer.

walk out then, if you know the ending, you won't have the thrill of being surprised.

In the case of seeing a murdered person, or even becoming that person for an instant, it shows our oneness in the Mind, to pick this up, and is the perfect place to do a retrieval on that person, to see them step out of the movie, and making it safely back home, knowing they chose this movie, and that there is no death, excepting that of the physical body, that body, is no longer of any use.
sometimes people need a helping hand to go home. U may even be connected to that particular person and be the only one who can assist them out of the dream of life and somewhere where they can begin again, to live.

the thrill of living  is being able to rewrite your own script as often as you wish because you are all free spirits in truth and not bound by the confines of linear time, the movie we find ourselves in.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.