Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adopting a "grazing posture" (Read 5194 times)
Alfred

UK
Adopting a "grazing posture"
Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:58am

Hallo All!
I've read Ultimate Journey several times over the fifteen or so years since I first got it, and always get something new out of it each time. It's a wonderful book, in Bob Monroe's unique style.

One phrase I'm sure I read in the book, I cannot now find when I look through it! This often happens with me - when I'm actively looking for something in print, it escapes my eye. Maybe someone out there can confirm for me that it is in Ultimate Journey, and that I'm not going mad (or perhaps that I am!).

The phrase in question was amongst Bob's suggestions for living out this physical sojourn. He said we should "adopt a grazing posture". This has intrigued me over the years, and set me wondering what exactly he meant by it. I have always assumed that he means we should keep our heads down, not overly bother others, and not let others overly bother us, which is not bad advice, especially in the light of a "bigger picture". I think I try to live this way when I can, the hardest part probably being the bit about not letting others bother us - but it comes with a mindset change, and we have to shrug off the odd irritating incidents as being unimportant in the long run.

But I may be off the mark in my assessment. I wonder what views any of you others out there might have on this one ?

Best wishes,

Alfred

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Adopting a "grazing posture"
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:49pm

Moo-000oo!
Cheesy

Sorry, Alfred, I just felt silly.

Having lived in a rural area, I've done alot of considerring of cows in a pasture, and there were days when I envied their lifestyle. I would only add that alot of enjoyment also seems to come through 'the grazing posture.' Monroe seems to often leave out the factors of enjoyment and even exhiliaration that color these pursuits.

Also, is there such a thing as 'passive alertness'? Sort of like when we're with strangers and we watch for any interest in the 'esoteric' to decide whether to bring it into the conversation.

That's from my own rural philosophizing -- I don't really know what Monroe thinks.  Smiley

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 5:55pm

Hi Alfred mooooo.........  hi Bets mooooo...

I'm reminded of chewing on one's cud, as a reference to mulling things over very carefully, and at one's leisure, with no anxious feelings to interfere...although I wouldn't know where to look in Ultimate Journeys for the grazing phrase, unless there were references in the back of the book?

suffice it to say, we read books but one time through, and we certainly do not gain all the knowledge in the book the first time thru.

Bets, I think Monroe didn't want to play up the enjoyment aspect of the type of journeys we do here, as I've found, if I play up and describe how much fun I'm having, it engenders disbelief and/or jealousy factors, or something I surely don't want to attract those energies,  but it is enjoyable and there is points of exhilaration no doubt about it, or why even do it?

the trick is to help teach, as best we can, to give clues and talk about the commonalites we share.
what I relate most to in Monroe's books is how crazy he felt as he ran around trying to get answers when his obes began.

nobody likes to be different than others..it's such a fine line between insanity and sanity I think. or between other's perceptions of sanity and insanity, I should say. as well our own perceptions.

Grazing I like that! I see a similar picture to Bets and your own Albert, that grazing through a life journey, is to do the opposite of pulling out your hair over our issues...or being too too serious..thats a no no..
grazing appears to be like the observer, taking it all in from a loftier postition, not over-reacting emotionally when we don't get what we want. over-reacting can also be seen to become depressed when we don't get our expectations met.

if you're grazing, you're open, you're not closing down with a wound but moving towards your healing capacity by trusting you'll be ok, despite the appearances say otherwise.

thanks for your post Alfred

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:00am

Hi Bets! - Hi Alysia!

All together with me in one long  "MOOooooooo !!"   Cheesy

This could become the new way of doing Resonant Tuning - what d'you think ?  Wink

Thanks for your views on grazing our way through life. Of the many options open to us, there are certainly worse ways of spending our time here, I think. The concept of "passive alertness" is a good one Bets, and about sums it up.

You are dead right about the enjoyment aspect of what we do here, Alysia (- or, in my case, what I'm trying and hoping to do). It is enjoyable, and at the same time of such profound value and importance - what better recommendation than that?

Love and best wishes,

Alfred

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 10:11am

resonant tuning..you know, when I read about that, I always wished I could hold hands with a group and croon out whoooooohaaaaaa!!

now that sounds like fun!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.