Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Matt dancing..... (Read 6088 times)
blink
Ex Member

Matt dancing.....
Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:00pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

watch this       love is real

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Matt dancing.....
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 2:41pm

All I can say is that I got a kick out of it. Perhaps he should be on "Dancing with the stars."

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY

watch this       love is real

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 3:38pm

The words to the Tagore poem in the song:

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures. It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth... It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

(remember to watch in the "high quality" version with the button below the video)

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:12pm

It's very touching. Why is that so? I'm surprised about myself. Maybe it is meeting my wish how the world should be very precisely. Nothing to fear, happy people, all over the world. Or is it that this video is somehow making me remember something which I have long forgotten? Something like...home?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:43pm

That was pretty cool Blink.   I really liked the music and the whole vibe of the thing, and liked the part where he switched it up a bit and danced in tune with those Indian women dancers. 

Almost makes me want to dance... Cheesy

Thanks

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 9:39am

Yes, living from the mind creates one world
Living from the heart creates another one

Smiley

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 10:18am

Quote:

Smiley

My preference is to merge the Heart and the Head, into One.  Harder to do than living from just one or the other, but so much more worth it.

IP Logged

ultra

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 1:08pm

Blink!

Wow! Thank you so much for finding and sharing this!
Pure joy.

When I watched this I could not understand the song and had not read down to see the Tagore poem.
But while watching I got the strong feeling of movement like the stream Tagore evokes in the poem.
I thought "He (Matt) is threading needles with a golden thread, sewing the world together".

People want to know - what will become of religion, what will 'religion' be like in the "New Age"?
I tell you, this is it or getting close to it.
In a very simple and fundamental way, for the current needs, this is better than any religion we now have.

A single inpired individual manifesting a creative vision of dynamic world unity in joy, light, love, diversity - without the need of institutional sanction or 'conversion' of others - just his and their own aspiration and oneness, simple truth, spreading joy without attachment to ideology.
Imagine if everyone had a similar project what the world could be like?
What an inspiration.

incidental note:
Consistent with his vision and in contrast to debased pop-culture norms, I appreciated his particular style of dancing that was innocent, childlike and dynamic without the usual crotch grabbing and pelvic thrusting! Very refreshing.

Again, thanks for this link.   Smiley

- u

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 3:07pm

You know Blink, i was a bit fooled by this thread.  When i first read the title, i thought, "cool, our Matthew (Doc) is gonna dance for us!"   

I was hoping to see Matthew dance (for whatever reason and i don't even know why! Grin) but  while i was surprised, it was pleasantly so.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 2:10pm

This Matt is Everyman. He is showing us our birthright, the joy that rises when we say Yes, I accept.

love, blink Smiley

Quote:
 You know Blink, i was a bit fooled by this thread.  When i first read the title, i thought, "cool, our Matthew (Doc) is gonna dance for us!"  

I was hoping to see Matthew dance (for whatever reason and i don't even know why! Grin) but  while i was surprised, it was pleasantly so.  

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 2:33pm

Recoverer, Ultra, Spooky, all, I am so glad you enjoyed this!
-------------------

Yes, Justin, in truth, Love can live anywhere.

Smiley

Quote:
Quote:

Smiley

My preference is to merge the Heart and the Head, into One.  Harder to do than living from just one or the other, but so much more worth it.

« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2008 at 4:32pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Justin aka asltaomr
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 10:32pm

A note:  I erased my earlier post.  For various reasons, one cause it didn't belong on Blink's thread (especially considering the topic), two-- while i still believe what i wrote was more or less the truth...well my own temp. deeper motivations and feelings weren't particularly helpful, unbiased, or loving, and that trumps truth sometimes (or most times).   I want to live completely according to love, and that takes constant watchfulness and practice and now is a better time than any to practice same.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.