Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone know – Why this happens? (Read 3359 times)
channy aka cbuk

london
Anyone know – Why this happens?
Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:01am

Hi All,

In my dream I am with my brother (LIVING) and he is driving me and  Dad (other side ) in a car  to see mum (other side) .
In my dream I don’t realize that Dad and Mum have passed – but as soon as realization dawns that they have passed – they all vanish. The whole dream just evaporates.

Dad passed in 1980 and Mum in 1990.

Anyone know why does this happen –   your realization that they have passed – makes them and the dream just vanish?

Channy

The lifting of the fog of forgetfulness will lead you to the realisation of your true spiritual  nature-CBUK.
moonbase8129  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Anyone know – Why this happens?
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 9:16pm

That's a common thing, my explanation is, everytime you're dreaming and you notice there is something odd, you compare the dream with physical reality, then you focus too much on the physical, like "wait... that must be a dream, and I'm laying on my bed" and zap! this focus on the physical brings you right back there.
It's one of the key arts to master lucid dreaming, OBE and the like to remain focused on that reality you want to be in; it's not necessary to be 100% focused, but to stay calm and let the thoughts of the other place not take over, instead leave them "in the back of your head".

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

channy aka cbuk

london
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 6:13pm

Thanks for the explanation, Spooky. So it is to do with awareness/focus.

It is really strange that in the dream – if I am dreaming about relatives living and those who have passed on – after the dream I just say – I recollect I dreamt of relatives - some who are living and some who are on the other side.
However IF WHILE THE DREAM IS IN PROGRESS  I happen to become aware of a relative in the dream who has passed on – the whole dream disintegrates in a flash.

I can also usually tell (50 per cent of the time) – if there was a lot of spirit activity during my dream (lots of spirits coming and going  in my dream ) - possibly in the morning I will hear that a relative is in hospital or a family member has  passed over in the night. I have no recollection of what is going on – the only clue I have to go on is that I am aware of  a lot of spirit activity.

The only clue that I have to go on is a lot of comings and goings in the dream - and I infer from all the activity that the dream is of some significance. Thus far – such  dreams have only applied to relatives.

Channy

The lifting of the fog of forgetfulness will lead you to the realisation of your true spiritual  nature-CBUK.
moonbase8129  
IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 7:24pm

Hi Channy,
quote: "WHILE THE DREAM IS IN PROGRESS  I happen to become aware of a relative in the dream who has passed on – the whole dream disintegrates in a flash."
I'd say this is something like an inner censor; when you see a person still living physically, the censor says "Allright, that's possible". When you see a person, which has physically died, the censor says "No, this person is dead, it's impossible to see this person" and your perception of this reality is closed down.
  That's how a belief system works. The tricky part is, this perception censorship is working subconsciously. That you were able to see and remember this kinds of dreams could be a sign that there are conflicting beliefs within you; one holds it for impossible to meet physically dead relatives, and the other belief holds it for possible, so that you experience both, the "forbidden" perception (for a brief moment) and the shutdown of this perception.

Yes, I sometimes too have a sort of "relative conferences" in dreams, which I usually remember only some bits of; no hints of death cases in my dreams, though. But my mother reported, as a child she had foreseen the death of relatives in dreams.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

channy aka cbuk

london
Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 3:19pm

Hi All,
The “ censor ” bit – perfectly  describes what I had been experiencing.

Thanks, Spooky.

Channy

moonbase8129  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 3:34pm

channy aka cbuk wrote on Jul 14th, 2008 at 10:01am:
Hi All,

In my dream I am with my brother (LIVING) and he is driving me and  Dad (other side ) in a car  to see mum (other side) .
In my dream I don’t realize that Dad and Mum have passed – but as soon as realization dawns that they have passed – they all vanish. The whole dream just evaporates.

Dad passed in 1980 and Mum in 1990.

Anyone know why does this happen –   your realization that they have passed – makes them and the dream just vanish?

Channy

just sharing something similar to your dream, with the difference that instead of the dream just disappearing, it simply changed scenes, with a slight blinking off of it, then blink back on to scene two.

it has something to do with the message having been received and that was the objective.

was riding along with my departed husband, Mike. I'm in a daze and I stare over at him, he's driving the car. I realize without him saying it, that he's dead, I mean on this other side of life.

I then think that I too must be dead, or I wouldn't be with him. I think that he has come to help show me around over there.
I then burst in full blown crying jag and say to him "and I was just starting to have so much FUN!"

he is not comfortable when I cry, so he says nothing but feels the pain I feel.
____
so the message was to start enjoying life, as you just never know when we will be taken out.
(although I try!)  I assumed since the message was received, then the change in scenery happened.

Mike goes into a convenience store, where we had stopped for a minute to get something. I wait in the car. While I'm waiting in the car I get interested in getting out and exploring around..Mike came out of the store but I not going to go for a ride with him at that point.
____

first I thought when I woke up, oh oh, I'm toast. then as I thought about it, it changed my attitude..made me work harder on my thought system and attitude, search more deeply..that kind of stuff.
____

as for your question, why does the dream just disappear, everyone I've talked to regarding making contact with loved ones on the other side say basically the same thing, the conversations are often short and to the point, but our ability to bring back the entire conversation seems to be limited to short messages, maybe the look on their face is remembered best, or the intense emotion is easy to remember.
the emotion itself seems to contain a lot of logical beliefs we may hold, like a software program that needs updating.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

channy aka cbuk

london
Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 5:16pm

Thanks, LaffingRain,
I am grateful that you can share your personal experience - thanks for sharing.
Good thing you remembered your dream - so you are able to share.

[/quote]

as for your question, why does the dream just disappear, everyone I've talked to regarding making contact with loved ones on the other side say basically the same thing, the conversations are often short and to the point, but our ability to bring back the entire conversation seems to be limited to short messages, maybe the look on their face is remembered best, or the intense emotion is easy to remember.
the emotion itself seems to contain a lot of logical beliefs we may hold, like a software program that needs updating. [/quote]

This is helpful to know - thanks, LaffingRain.

Channy

moonbase8129  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.