Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Hey About Peggy Kane ... (Read 36541 times)
Old Dood

Lansing
Re: Hey About Peggy Kane ...
Reply #60 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 9:56pm

AND...you must remember that Wikipedia is not the most reliable resource out there.

Very controled and heavily edited.

IP Logged

briggs5534

Reply #61 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 2:36pm

Old Dood wrote on Jul 18th, 2008 at 9:56pm:
AND...you must remember that Wikipedia is not the most reliable resource out there.

Very controled and heavily edited.

That's for damn sure!!!

peace n' love

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #62 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 7:42pm

Yes, wikipedia is not like our good old printed encyclopedias. On the other hand, is Lloyd Pye "the most reliable resource"? If I would earnestly ponder to follow Lloyd Pye's theories, I would follow the hints I found on wikipedia and recherche them further. 

What about the high degree of similarity in the genom of humans and all other "higher" mammal animals?
And, I can't see such a large evolutional gap in the findings of human anchestors' sceletons that I would worry much about a "missing link". We simply have a very little amount of such material, as we talk about a relatively (in comparison to the dinosaurs, for example) very brief period of time, and a small population. Under these circumstances it's to be expected not to have found yet remains of every evolutionary micro-step. It's probable that some more interesting findings will be made sometime in the future. Maybe even of a very tall humanoid species, as I've heard some big old teeth found in China are pointing to this. I can't see an indication for an alien breeding process.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Starboom

Norway
Reply #63 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 6:46am

Good words, Spooky!

I just saw the whole film, and I must admit that it was worth it. The theory is "way out there", but many things he say makes sense. I recommend it to everyone here. But again, I also agree with Spooky in his latest post. The theory of evolution as it stands now is very sound. The gaps get smaller each year, to the agony of creationists, and we find out more and more about the past (I'd like to counter that with something near the end of the video, but I don't want to spoil anything).

Wikipedia is "controlled" for the simple reason that otherwise it would be completely useless. It's a fantastic site, with links that provide verification, but of course it is also a product of the mainstream thoughtpool, it reflects the times we live in. As it must be, really. Much better that than hateful and in-denial sites like Conservapedia.

Anyway, I think the mainstream scientific community is too rigid at times, and they are also wrong in some things, I'm certain. The fringe science is of course wrong MOST of the time, but some times a theory is put forth which should be taken more seriously. Lloyd Pye's just might be one of them.

One more season.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.