Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dream or Visitations from Recently Deceased Pets? (Read 16173 times)
ConfusedSleeper

Dream or Visitations from Recently Deceased Pets?
Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:37am

My pet of 18 years died this weekend and I have been devasted. The night she died, I cried myself to sleep. In my sleep,  felt a rubbing on my face and when I went to scratch it, I saw that it was my pet, looking rejuvinated and excited. I was shocked and awoke right away, but she was gone. Something similar happened years ago when my dog was killed by a car. He used to regularly tug on my pants leg, and, the night he died, in my sleep, I felt a pulling on my pants leg and I saw that it was him, energetic and lively as always. Again, I awoke immediately but he was gone.

Were these manifestations of grief over my losses, wishful thinking, or do recently deceased pets visit us? I did a search here but could find no information on where our pets go after they. Any clues would be most appreciated.

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Dream or Visitations from Recently Deceased Pe
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:45am

Hi Tinker. I am sorry for the loss of your pet, and for how you must miss her. Was this a dog? What was her name?

I believe our pets visit us. My little favorite black cat was with me for almost 20 years. After a long and vigorous life she died, perhaps five years ago. She didn't seem to be sick a day in her life.

I was standing next to a table and felt her in my arms, just as I used to hold her. Not so long afterwards.      love, blink

IP Logged

ConfusedSleeper

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:27pm

Thank you for your kind reply. My pet was named "Baby" and she was a very unusial box turtle, who was abandoned in her tank on the doorstep of the school where I taught years ago. She was full grown then, so I never knew her age. She briefly became a class pet, but I brought her home to live with me after a few months. She hated the tank, so I bought her a soft pet home instead and she slept on my bed. I put her in a premie size diaper, so she could have free reign. She behaved like a mammal. She liked being stroked, loved to bury her head in my neck as I held her and often put her nose up to my nose. She would nudge me with her face and often tried to crawl on my body, or whatever I was working with, like my laptop, to get my attention. Losing her was a terrible shock and tremendous loss. 

I would like to know where our pets go after they die. Do they go to Focus 27?

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 1:32pm

Wow, Tinker, what an amazing relationship you have with Baby. Delightful.

I say, have, because, of course, I believe your friend is in focus 27, according to my understanding of what that place means and is.

What an extraordinary experience, to forge such a strong bond with this turtle, who obviously adored your warmth and responded to your love as a family member does.

love, blink

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #4 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 4:28pm

I believe it is possible for our deceased pets to visit us. I had a few OBE like experiences where I was petting a deceased cat. Various sources seem to suggest that the intelligence level of our deceased pets increases once they are no longer limited by nervous systems.  Neither humans or animals are physical beings. We're all spirits headed in the same direction. I believe that humans often underestimate the souls that inhabit our furry friends.

IP Logged

ConfusedSleeper

Reply #5 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 4:36pm

Thank you for your insights and words of encouragement. Yes, Baby has been remarkable and I'm in agony over her death.

I think that you can go to Focus 27 by imagining it, but I'm having a hard time imagining where the pets are there. As long as she's been with me, Baby has only ever known people. Could it be that the people she's known. like my friends and relatives who've passed, are with her until I get there?

I've also heard that our pets wait for us at a place called the Rainbow Bridge. Know how that might fit into this scheme?

IP Logged

ConfusedSleeper

Reply #6 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 4:56pm

I think you are absolutely right about people underestimating animal intelligence. Baby looked at length at pictures, including photographs, the TV, and my computer screen. I have a collection of small dolls and she just loved looking at them, too. She had to inspect every new doll that I got. I have some precious photo's of her climbing up into the window of her house, to examine a doll that I placed inside there to surprise her.

If animals come into their full intelligence in the afterlife, do you think that we would communicate with them through thoughts, instead of verbally?

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #7 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 5:03pm

I haven't done so, but there are people who say that they have during near death experiences and out of body experiences.

ConfusedSleeper wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 4:56pm:
I think you are absolutely right about people underestimating animal intelligence. Baby looked at length at pictures, including photographs, the TV, and my computer screen. I have a collection of small dolls and she just loved looking at them, too. She had to inspect every new doll that I got. I have some precious photo's of her climbing up into the window of her house, to examine a doll that I placed inside there to surprise her.

If animals come into their full intelligence in the afterlife, do you think that we would communicate with them through thoughts, instead of verbally?

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:28pm by recoverer »  

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:37pm

Greetings,

I fully expect that communication with other species in the afterlife will be much greater than we have experienced here.  But many people are making progress here as well. You are in the forefront, CT, since you developed that wonderful bond with a creature other than a fellow mammal.

There are posts here from about 1 1/2 years ago recounting such experiences with deceased or living pets. Many books and websites are already available, set up by animal communicators. You are not alone in this and not deluded!  Smiley thank goodness!

bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 7:40pm

Amazing, so lovely.

I had a cat (who remains with my ex) who liked to watch tv. I have pictures of him watching nature shows. He loved birds.

And the other cat, the one who visited me, she used to like to "fetch" a marble which I tossed out onto the rug across the room. She would pick it up in her mouth and bring it back to me and lay it down at my feet.

It was a gesture of respect. She also liked to touch my nose with the tip of her nose. She surveyed the premises as if she owned it.

In a way, she did. I never "taught" her how to pick up the marble and bring it back to me. She wanted to do it.

love, blink

ConfusedSleeper wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 4:56pm:

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #10 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:38pm

Hi CosmicTinker, when I read your name, and the thread title, I remembered I once wrote this:
http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1182806962/1#1

I had a cat I loved, and one day he wasn't there anymore and didn't come back. Many years I often wondered what had happened. Then I had a vivid dream: He came to me, and had a terrible wound, and I called the veterinarian, and he came (an unknown person) and I held my cat and he was doing something just some seconds and my cat was healed completely. The dream, my impression of my cat was so vivid, that I could feel him around when I was already awake, and through the day I petted my physically not visible cat.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Greetings Cosmic,

I borrowed this quote from tgecks on another thread.  It's about audiotapes that
help people tune in to various aspects of the afterlife, in particular, for you, the
Rainbow Bridge:

"These {audiotapes] are from the Gateway series, and cover levels called
Focus 10 (Mind Awake and Body ASleep),
Focus 12 (Expanded focus),
Focus 15 (the place of No Time), and
Focus 21 (the rainbow bridge). Focus 21
is the transitional zone in which non-physical states are interfaced with
physical states, the "lowest" level at which non-physical energies can
interact with physical entities.
All of this is Monroe-speak. ''

"Focus Levels" are terms that tell us that a variety of possibilities and experiences happen in the afterlife, and are grouped according to aspects they have in common.
Have you read any Monroe or Moen yet?

Smiley  Bets 

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

ConfusedSleeper

Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 3:12pm

Hi. Thank you so much for the info, Bets.

Yes, I have read Moen (and some Monroe), though I bought the electronic versions of Moen and they're on a computer that has since passed away... I was on the board for awhile five years ago, when my Mom died and I was seeing her in my dreams (mostly because I went looking for her), as well as feeling and hearing her sometimes in an awake state.

I didn't know that the Rainbow Bridge was part of Focus 21. I just ran into info about it at a pet loss site and wondered. It's here: http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

So this might be where "lions lay down with lambs"...

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Dream or Visitations from Recently Deceased Pets?
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:57pm

Hi Cosmic Tinker and all

Bets, thanks for mentioning Rainbow bridge and tying it into focus 21.
not too long ago I had an obe/type dream where I was slowly moving towards this bridge, and I saw a few people on it and more walking towards it from different directions; on the other side was freedom, a different state of consciousness, sort of in the world, but not of it.

I tried to get a friend to come with me but he said he would later come.
Pets I now believe are like extensions of their owners in that they can pick up our thoughts and feelings, in that oneness of unconditional love they possess. I've had a lot of pets and they do have individual traits and personalities also. they evolve the most by associating with humans who are loving them. The de-evolve if cruelty is experienced.

Since I learned how creative our minds are, I visualized a place for a dog to go, that I'd owned a short time. She had been a guard dog but wasn't a good guard dog. She was all alone for many years with another dog who used to not let her eat.
she had never been on a walk or slept near a human's bed; etc.
I had her for maybe 6 to 8 months and watched her evolve into a happy critter. I was sad to see her begin to die but I had been told she had a disease in progress.
at least she got to taste  real chicken meat before she went home.

so I don't know if it was more for my sake than hers I built her a home in the afterlife. I know that thoughts are things and I was glad to find out that there is this place for pets already built by others.
There's one for dogs and one for cats as I saw it. and horses.

The dog one is complete roaming areas of green pasture and human caretakers about, the animals play and are quite sociable together. life goes on. they know only the joy of life there.
Holly was her name, and she was able to communicate to a vet, my friend Gabi, that "she was happy now."
Gabi and I had been working on making her happy, so it was the best ever report!

a cat I owned I saw in a transitional house; this cat did not like other cats, and so what I saw that it's desire was to live in a quiet home that was no other pets around..and there, after death, it prowled the forests and then went into this house to rest, and it seemed to be a waiting station. I felt an animal caretaker was to pick it up later and take it to be socialized I think. In the meantime, it was so independent, it was loving it's new transitional home.

then there was Snowball. Like your first post, Snowball came to visit me too. Snowball was a white chihuahua I'd had about 7 years. liked to run with the big fellows but he always came home. one day he didn't come home. I grieved of course. this must be fault for not being more protective of him.
One morning I felt something I'd never felt Snowball do. He was (his astral body) jumping all over my back excitedly, snorting, what not, all happy and bringing me comfort. I awoke soooo happy he had returned and that he loved me, as here was proof. only to see nothing but I know I had felt upon my physical body his little paws. and I know he was saying goodbye for the next world.

I also see my little Tutti, a snauzer mix terrier with short legs and a moustache, a fat tummy, I see her all the time in dreams and hugged her astral body even. my daughter reunited with her lost pet of 18 years. Her pet, a white cat, actually helped to save her life once. it's a long story. the cat told her that her current boyfriend had evil plans.

they are helpers to us humans, that's what pets are.

love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Re: Dream or Visitations from Recently Deceased Pets?
Reply #14 - Oct 14th, 2008 at 1:14am

ConfusedSleeper wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:37am:
My pet of 18 years died this weekend and I have been devasted. The night she died, I cried myself to sleep. In my sleep,  felt a rubbing on my face and when I went to scratch it, I saw that it was my pet, looking rejuvinated and excited. I was shocked and awoke right away, but she was gone. Something similar happened years ago when my dog was killed by a car. He used to regularly tug on my pants leg, and, the night he died, in my sleep, I felt a pulling on my pants leg and I saw that it was him, energetic and lively as always. Again, I awoke immediately but he was gone.

Were these manifestations of grief over my losses, wishful thinking, or do recently deceased pets visit us? I did a search here but could find no information on where our pets go after they. Any clues would be most appreciated.

I love to share the story of my cat Haley who visited me the day after he died, and continued to visit each day for two months.  It was during the day while I was awake, and although I never saw him, I did feel him physically jump onto the bed and walk across, and lay down.  I never actually physically felt the cat though when I tried to pet him.  When I say "physically", I mean that I could feel his weight on the bed, feel his movements, the same way you feel a physical cat make the same movements.  I never doubted the experience, but the nice proof in the end was when my husband felt it finally too and was so shocked he could barely speak (he doesn't believe in the spiritual).

You said you'd done a search but couldn't find anything about what happens to animals, and I wanted to mention that in Bruce's Guidebook on page 233 there's a retrieval story called "Diane's Animal Contact" about a little dog who stayed around his family after his death and wondered why he was being ignored.  She helped him get retrieved by a bigger dog and taken to a pasture where other dogs were playing.  It's a cute story (and kinda sad too when you think about how much our pets love us and want nothing more than the slightest bit of attention from us). 

Also, on page 235 is a story called "Sam's Cat", a story about an experience during one of Bruce's workshops where a physical cat was in the lap of a participant, and during the exercise (with participants' eyes closed) a man felt the cat jump down, come over to him, brush his legs, jump up next to him, and place his paw on his arm.  He was slightly annoyed but didn't want to upset the exercise by opening his eyes to shoo away the cat.  After the exercise he told the group about this.  The thing is, the cat never physically left the other person's lap.  She knew this, and so did Bruce who had his eyes open during the exercise.  So, what the man felt was the cat's nonphysical playful movements to get his attention. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.