Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I don't really think this was a dream (Read 1208 times)
andyhunt74

United Kingdom
I don't really think this was a dream
Jul 1st, 2008 at 5:14am

Hi

A month after my son passed way I was in the house all night alone.  I'd gone to bed and fell straight to sleep.  I remember waking up (well I think I did), as someone had got into bed beside me. My immediate thought was it was my hubby but then I realised he was away for the night.  I remember trying very hard to open my eyes to see who it was but not being able to at first this scarred me but after a min I calmed down and just went with the flow as they say.  I reached out my hand and felt and held my son's hand.  Again I tried to open my eyes but wasn;t able to.  So I just lay there telling my son how much I loved and missed him and went back to sleep.

It did'nt seem like much later, but I had an urge to go downstairs and pick the christmas tree up (even though it had'nt fell down)  I distinctly remember actually getting up plus my bedroom door was open the next morning.

On the night before I'd gone to bed I mentally said I need to be up by 9am as had to take some jewellery I bought from my son to my family to get engraved and I'd booked an appointment.  At 9.05 the next morning my bed starting shaking.

My view of this is it was Jmy son Jacob letting me know he's ok and that I had misgivings about putting the tree up so close to his passing and this was his way of letting me know it was ok.  Lastly I think Jacob was shaking the bed to wake me up as I had slept in.  I did thank him when I woke up.

What does everyone else think

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: I don't really think this was a dream
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:27pm

I had an experience like you told in the first paragraph, I was bodily asleep, but mind awake, and I "knew" someone was entering my room, and then I felt this one was laying down behind me (I was laying on my side), then melting with me, this all was accompanied by a feeling of a cool breeze running through me.
  All I know for certain is that this was real. There really was something. After some wondering if it was a ghost or whatever, I came across Robert Bruces theory, who states that when we sleep, our counsciousness splits. According to that, it was a part of me, coming back to the bedroom-me during the process of waking up.
  Don't know who it was in your case, but when you know it was your son, then it was him. If it was real, well, it was real! Such exotic experiences are easily and effectively pushed away by our physicalistic reasoning, but when we keep in mind the reality of those experiences, in the moment we had them, it's not possible anymore to deny them.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.