Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello! (Read 2733 times)
batfink

UK
Hello!
Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:16am

Thought this would be a good place to say "hi" as a noobie!

Quick potted history of me: I'm Fiona, 40, live in the UK and have been pursuing answers to afterlife-type questions since I was about 4 years old! At that time my grandmother died - I was told that death was fine, just like going to sleep except to never wake up and you don't dream. Didn't sound too fine to me! Understandably I have had quite a pronounced fear of death since then. I'm entirely fine with the idea of going somewhere else, I just cannot convince myself that this is going to happen. Think it's about time I did something about this so that I can get on with enjoying myself while I'm here.

I guess I have quite a scientific background - degrees in cognitive science and psychology, currently on a PhD program. Think that is why I am reluctant to take things on faith and why Bruce's books have hit such a chord with me. And probably why I can be such a pain when debating things - apologies in advance if I am  Tongue

Anyway, am very much enjoying Bruce's books and currently waiting for the Guide book/CDs to arrive in the post. Very interested in Hemi-Sync as it makes sense to the psychologist in me and also because try as I might I can never seem to stop the chatter in my brain enough for any meaningful type of meditation! Although I do go off on some fantastic day-dreams. Worst example being crossing a road while not seeing anything physically around me as I was off somewhere else with grass and trees and all sorts. So maybe it has been working...

Anyway, very interested in getting to know you all and finally getting down to getting some answers to the questions I have been mulling over for so long. Planning to go to the European Gateway program as soon as my student's income allows. Maybe this year but probably next. Anyone else here UK based?

Final thought: I have the best dreams ever! Not quite a lucid dreamer (was so excited I managed to wake myself up!) but have a high turn over of visiting everywhere you can imagine and having all kinds of adventures. If the afterlife turns out to be anything like that I expect I will have a great time  Wink

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Re: Hello!
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:10pm

Greetings Fiona Smiley

I'm a noob here in search for the answers too... Wink your background in science and psychology is quite impressive... Smiley
I'm MSc (technical) and I'm in Canada
Looking forward to talking to you here on the board.

Cheers,
SL

IP Logged

batfink

UK
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:17pm

Still_Living wrote on Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:10pm:
Greetings Fiona Smiley

I'm a noob here in search for the answers too... Wink your background in science and psychology is quite impressive... Smiley
I'm MSc (technical) and I'm in Canada
Looking forward to talking to you here on the board.

Cheers,
SL

Don't think it's really that impressive a background - I feel as though I know less about things now than when I started! Although that could be the beginnings of age related memory decline  Grin

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:51pm

Welcome, I'm looking forward to your contributions here Batfink and getting to know you.

please let us know of anything you learn with the tapes and books and seminars, we would be interested.

I too enjoy a psychology bent.  Juditha here is from UK I believe. correct me Juditha if not.
we seem to have all nations participate here from time to time.
welcome again ... alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 3:12pm

Welcome, Fiona, I am looking forward to hearing your adventures....thank you for introducing yourself. This is a place I can't seem to stay away from, so....enjoy!

love, blink

IP Logged

Still_Living

Canada
Reply #5 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 4:16pm

batfink wrote on Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:17pm:
I feel as though I know less about things now than when I started!

This is a sign of wisdom, actually...
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:40pm by Still_Living »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.