Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Whistler (Read 7518 times)
thistle

The Whistler
May 19th, 2008 at 4:49pm

This is the first EVP that my daughter and I ever got.  We went to a cemetery kind of on a lark.  I had just heard about EVP and when I told my daughter about it we thought it would be interesting to give it a try.  We researched online how to go about doing it.  We followed the "standard" guidelines to insure that we wouldn't have any contaminated audio.  We spent about an hour on this particular cemetery visit and this was the only unexplainable thing we got on tape.   We really didn't expect to get anything although of course we were hoping we would.  We have gotten a couple of other ones since this first one.  However, lately, our trips to the cemetery have proven fruitless when it comes to EVP.  I hope this link works...you should be able to hear six notes of whistling. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPs36qTAJL4

IP Logged

undermanager

Re: The Whistler
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 7:26am

I find it quite difficult to believe that spirits can talk or make a sound at all since they don't have vocal cords and the physical body to produce sound.  How do they produce sound?  Sound after all is vibrations, what is making the vibrations?

IP Logged

Mark Andrew

Indiana
Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 9:21pm

undermanager wrote on Jun 11th, 2009 at 7:26am:
I find it quite difficult to believe that spirits can talk or make a sound at all since they don't have vocal cords and the physical body to produce sound.  How do they produce sound?  Sound after all is vibrations, what is making the vibrations?

The theory I've heard has something to do with a substance called ectoplasm, which allegedly they can use to form the shape of things like vocal chords or whatever they need to temporarily produce a sound.

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2009 at 2:33am

Recently I happened to be asked for the link "World ITC", so when I read this last post tonight I thought you might like to look this up, there is a lot of info on it about communicating with spirit. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Ingrid

Victoria, Australia.
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2009 at 11:26pm

Hi,

The idea with evp is the spirits actually modulate environmental/background sounds to produce words. The noise in the recorder or background seem to be a carrier for their communciations. World ITC or AA-EVP are good places to check out.
Ingrid  Smiley

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2009 at 4:52am

Greetings,

I'm glad they've found a way to use 'synthetic' or man-made' energy sources, rather than the human biological ectoplasm they previously used. Alot of early spiritualists became frail and ill due to devoting too much of their personal energies to their attempts at communication.

I find the electronic voices are much more influenced by personal Interpretors, to use Moen's term .
In my experience Interpretors can pull words from the droning electronic vibrations to build a sentence or phrase that speaks to one person, but that may not have meaning for a group of listeners. The old biological way with ecto-plasm seems to have created clearer messages but at a greater health risk to the medium.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vee

Port Alberni, B.C.
Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:29pm

So man-made stuff has found its way to the Other Side...maybe it's not all bad!! That was interesting, Bets, thanks for that input. And Ingrid too, about the noise on the machine. Vee

I LIVE IN THE MIND OF SUMMERTIME, MY INNER SKY IS BLUE AND FULL OF LIGHT.THE RICH, JUICY FRUITS OF MY LIFE ARE RIPE UPON MY INNER SUMMERTIME TREES.I AM THE MIND OF GOD.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.