Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alfred is having great difficulty in accessing the (Read 2113 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
Alfred is having great difficulty in accessing the
May 16th, 2008 at 8:17am

Hi,

Could someone please try to give Alfred some advise and help as per his problems he sent to me via my email address

alan

Forgive me replying to your email address, but I am having such horrendous problems loading the AL Conversation Board, that I can't reply to your PM by the normal method. It is now not just loading ultra-slowly, but coming to a full-stop! Even loading a single post like your PM takes an age, and trying to reply is beyond all possibility! When I first used the Board, it loaded normally, but it is now just about impossible to use at all.

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Alfred is having great difficulty in accessing
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008 at 12:45pm

Hi Alfred,

We had to buy more MBs for our computer with a new CD ROM  (?)
This site was particularly sensitive to the fact that we had used up alot but not all of what we had.

Before that I tried to find times when this site and the web at large was not so busy. that included getting up in the wee hours US time. that didn't proove very good in the long run.  Smiley

Good luck!
Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Alfred

UK
Re: Alfred is having great difficulty in accessing
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2008 at 3:58pm

Thanks to both of you, Alan and Bets, for trying to help me get better loading of this Board!

Well, I might have got the answer, but don't ask me why. My ISP is AOL, but for most web browsing I use Firefox, and that's where all my bookmarks, etc, are. I rarely use IE Explorer now, because of all the problems it has being attacked by viruses, trojans etc. Firefox works well for all my browsing - until today, I couldn't get anything on it, nor, when I tried, on IE Explorer, either. I've no idea why! Anyway, AOL has its own small browser, so I thought I'd try that with this Board...hey presto! almost instant loading..just like the good old days when I first started looking at it.

At least, it's worked this once...I shouldn't tempt fate, but I've managed to post this reply no bother!!

Thanks again....

Alfred

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.