Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
What's wrong with "forgiveness" as a virtue? (Read 15617 times)
Berserk2

Re: What's wrong with "forgiveness" as a virtue?
Reply #30 - Mar 1st, 2008 at 3:16pm

B-man's rants are an honest reflection of his inner turmoil and the revulsion he feels, arising from his past experiences with a toxic form of Christianity.  What B-man fears the most is the possibility that God may pursue Him with such love as to transform his core desires and "energetic make-up."  I view his honest confessions as a set-up for such an ultimately transforming experience.  I would not be surprise if B-man eventually beomes a minister. Roll Eyes
Then it will be interesting to see how he speaks of forgiveness.

Don

IP Logged

vajra
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Mar 1st, 2008 at 4:25pm

I'd rather not start a second hand discussion on MR. B, but I guess that's to one degree or another true of most of us Don. I guess we all play from a mostly untrue but inevitably consuming world view that seeks through mental noise to blind us to the truth of our suffering. And boy do we (or at least the ego or persona we have constructed) fear having that veil removed so that we see a truer reality.

A few of us due to the circumstances of our upbringing and our particular stage on the path seem somehow to get far enough to if not wholly transcend at least partially see past parts of this conditioning - while we may live it at times of stress, we equally have a sneaky sense in our hearts that it's not the reality.

Others are unlucky enough that they don't get this far and it becomes an all consuming obsession. I saw the movie 'There Will be Blood Last Night' - a nice little portrayal of precisely this phenomenon. It even had an evangelical preacher in there getting stuck into the loving God and fighting evil thing - no wonder the hero (a rapacious oil man into swindling poor farmers out of their land on the cheap who eventually becomes an alcoholic recluse) and this guy ended up in the same space (trying to use each other and the farmers for money) by the end of the film - they both thought that to fight was the only way to engage with the world. But neither could see past this veil, and one ended up dead because of it....
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2008 at 6:26pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

ultra

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #32 - Mar 4th, 2008 at 12:24am

At the risk of as vajra says, starting a subtopic on F.B....

Don, perhaps it does make sense what you say.
Many converts/reformed, even the most apparent hard cases often become the the most able proponents.
Plus, there is usually a bit of grandstanding provocateur in any person of the pulpit wouldn't you say? Something FB has a knack for?

Sri Aurobindo said that "An atheist is just God playing hide-and-seek with Himself"

"What the soul sees and has experienced, that it knows; the rest is appearance, prejudice and opinion."
   - Sri Aurobindo

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.