Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Imagination/visualization issue (Read 8685 times)
PhantasyMan

Québec
Imagination/visualization issue
Jan 6th, 2008 at 9:33pm

Hi  everyone,

I hope someone will have some advices for me.  I try to practice regularly  my visualization.   But often, something odd happen.  Here an example:

I imagine a banana.  I can feel the texture, I can taste it in my mind.  I don't really see it, but I know how it looks like.  Everything is okay with the vizualisation.

Now I try to rotate it with my mind.  It rotates...  But I can stop it.  The visualization is out of control. The banana spin on itself.  Sometime it starts to bounce everywhere.

That's the problem I have.  I lose control.  It looks like the vizualisation starts to live on itself or something like that.  A kind of momentum.  It often happen when my mind is focused on something, like moving energy.

thanks,
pm

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Re: Imagination/visualization issue
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 7:45pm

Hi there,

I have a couple ideas you might want to try.  Do you normally try this with your eyes closed?  Try it then with eyes open.  Whenever you get that feeling of lost control, then switch to eyes closed again.  It's good practice to do it both ways anyway, but switching seems to help. 

Another good reason to practice visualizing with your eyes open is because it's easier to learn to "tune out" the things in your visual field.  For instance, if you stare at an object in front of you and mentally block out all else in your peripheral vision, and then switch your concentration of focus to only your peripheral vision, that kind of practice is good for mental control.  If you can then work into your mental field an image you chose to think about, then try blocking out mentally everything in your visual field until you only "see" what's in your mind.  You don't have to actually visualize it, but the knowing it's there is strong enough that you can hold the image there without anything affecting it. 

My other bit of advice was to not practice on something like a banana.  Practice on something you have a strong emotional attachment to.  It could be the image of someone's face, or a memory of a moment in your life, or an image of a place where you really enjoy being.  The point of this is that you will become more attached to the emotion than you will to the visual itself.  By putting your mental strength into holding the visual you are kind of creating a lot of expectations for yourself.  But emotional attachment is so much easier and natural to hold onto, without doing much work. 

Vicky

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2008 at 9:41pm

helpful advice Vicky.  Smiley PM, I never thought about visualizing a banana, but I have visualized people and memories, with emotions. sometimes leads to a self retrieval.

I read about Bruces exercises while out. he would leap into the water after his guide and..sink...because he would be following the physical laws expectations.
His guide wanted him to land on "top" of the water.

this seems hard to do but he finally mastered it. I haven't tried that exercise, I visualize myself ice skating and staying in the air defeating gravity...its fun. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 9:34pm

Hi ladies,

Thank you form your advices.

Vicky,  you're true about the eye open.   I feel it has for effect to "ground" the visualization... and so, make it more stable.  I already did it in the past, but never I realized the effect until I read your post.  Maybe that's why some people believe it's better to meditate eye half opens.

Laffin'Rain, I know the exercice you talked about.  Bruce's guide really wanted Bruce to do it.  I tried it long time ago, and it's hard.  I don't really know the impact of that kind of exercise.  Maybe Bruce could comments it. 

I think it helps us to be "in" the body.  There is something that comes to my mind.  Sometime I dream that I drive car...  When something odd happen , something that create an emotional response, I leave my body (not like a OBE) and I see a self driving the car (I'm floating behind).  It becomes harder and harder to drive it... and generally, the car and the "self" in it disappear because I lose the connection...

That was my bit of brain storming Wink

pm

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 10:20pm

hey, aunty laffingRain here, seems good brain storming enough PM, seems like you are making efforts to drive the car, keep it going...just a thought, maybe it is the "effort" that is helping you as its like pushing the envelope of disbelief?

well, I mean its a little like developing concentration. although, for some reason we think these things should be easy to do, but maybe we shouldn't think it's easy?
maybe we can think it's becoming natural?  just rambling.

u must be on the right track I'm thinking because Bruce used magic carpets, and you're using a car...
I use a car too. I was thinking maybe it's hard to drive a car in the imagination as there's no destination? probably have to have a destination.

heres what happened recently with the car symbol in a dream, where I got a message.
a car pulled up to my "space" it was like outdoors, like a public area, maybe a parking lot. it screeches on it's brakes and out pops a man. He made a comment about a blog I had done on myspace. He liked it. or he was able to utilize something I'd said.

the next day, instead of a car pulling up, a friend pulled up in an email and made the same comments in the dream to me personally.
so I guess we "drive" on the internet our cars as a symbol. what I got was his emotion in the dream of enthusiasm, while on the internet it's difficult to get the emotion.

this nothing to do with you driving your car within visualization, but thought I'd share anyway. thanks for the post, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

PhantasyMan

Québec
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 11:08pm

Hey Aunty  Cheesy

Quote:
I use a car too. I was thinking maybe it's hard to drive a car in the imagination as there's no destination? probably have to have a destination.

Destination...  It's a good point.  Maybe that having a clear destination would help to remove those fear/emotion that pop me out of the car. 

A friend told me that car in dream often represent our energy body.  The one we use to travel out There.  Maybe it's all about being in the body, whatever what happen. e.i, always be in the moment

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 12th, 2008 at 11:56pm

Hi PM  yes I think any vehicle in a dream can be interpreted as the energy body since everything is energy basically.

in some retrievals though a car appears with a guide driving it for me. it comes to pick up the person who is joining their family or going to a higher level.

then once or twice a friend is driving the car, showing me that they are "driving" this particular communication to me.

most times i'm just on my own two feet, feel like I'm roller skating. I like your new pic!

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 12:43pm

PhantasyMan,

PhantasyMan wrote on Jan 6th, 2008 at 9:33pm:
 It looks like the vizualisation starts to live on itself or something like that.  A kind of momentum.  It often happen when my mind is focused on something, like moving energy.

Sounds like progress to me.  You would think if you were fabricating or fantasizing it all you'd be in complete control.  You might remember about playing along with unexpected events to see where they lead your experience.  Maybe ask the banana why it spins out of control like that.

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.