Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
UNCALLED FOR UNKIND COMMENTS BY LUCY (Read 1621 times)
Alan McDougall

South Africa
UNCALLED FOR UNKIND COMMENTS BY LUCY
Dec 8th, 2007 at 3:55am

Re: Robert Bruce on Robert Monroe
Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2007, 11:38am    Alan

Most people who come here are a little more subtle with their efforts to engage in dialogue. Why do you think your long monologues are an effort to engage in dialogue?

Alan replies:

“My long monologues that you so "unkindly" refer to were intended to be introductions to the forum on my thinking and a pathway to dialogue. I have no intention of continuing posting in future in this manner.

“How subtle would you like me to be (Alan) "Dont you want me on this forum? Just say the word and I will unsubscribe” What do the other forum members think?

Have you read any/all of Bob Monroe's books? Have you ever listened to a hemi-sync tape?

Alan replies;

“Yes of course I have read Bob Monroe’s books, but not all of then and he is not infallible or omniscient. In fact I am sure I read his first book long before you even knew about him as I have been around the block many many times in my long life.

I've never heard of someone having a fatal stroke before going OBE. Where is your evidence? Since it is possible that we all go OBE in the sleep state, how it is that any of us are alive?

Alan replies

“Just because you have never heard of it does not mean it never happens and yes I have personal evidence of an immature novice killing himself this way.

Yes I have had a friend that experienced the buzzing vibration phase of many times, once putting him in hospital with a stroke and I believe finally dying from this uncontrolled phenomenon.

Forum members please read this

Regards

Alan

Blessings and Light

Alan McDougall
WWW <a href= <a href=  
IP Logged

DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: UNCALLED FOR UNKIND COMMENTS BY LUCY
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 5:03am

Alan,

Please delete this thread after reviewing the posting guidelines, since it is of a personal nature, directed not at a topic, but at a person (no matter how noble your intentions).  If you look at the bottom of each thread you will see a peer moderator input.  We use that to report difficult comments in a thread.

Personal comments are likely something you should handle directly between yourself and the other person.  A simple saying that you find their comments inapporpriate and would they kindly refrain, etc..........should suffice.

However, I should say that your new found enthusiasm has literally multiplied the average number of threads in the forum by tenfold each day.  As such, it does make finding older threads more difficult.  We also have a chatroom, which can be used for back and forth instant messaging (if you are interested).  Personally, of late, I have found that instead of beginning new threads myself, I often will find a current thread to express my views in, since we have a broad range of topics.  But that is just me.

To each his/her own.  I quite enjoy your being on the board.  Everyone brings their own background with them, and a unique perspective.

Best Regards,

Matthew

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: UNCALLED FOR UNKIND COMMENTS BY LUCY
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2007 at 6:55am

I enjoy seeing you here too, mr. strange. It is often difficult to assess the culture of a location immediately, so it is polite, I suppose, for people to give a newcomer the benefit of the doubt. But you will find that people are very direct here. Much of our occasional hostility seems to me now to simply be a healthy kind of elbow rubbing in a gently seething cauldron of contemplation and emotion. No harm meant.

So, take it lightly, friend. We all learn to do that.

What you've brought to this table is of interest, so please stay, as Doc says, as the quest is the thing, you know.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.