Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here about focus 27 (Read 8695 times)
bocor

New here about focus 27
Nov 20th, 2007 at 2:41am

Im currently goingg through the monroe gateway experience but realize that focus 27 exercises arent available until after you go through the voyage workshop and then exploration 27 workshop.Will Moens home study course allow access to focus 27 without the hemisync binaurals?I would appreciate input from veterans here on how i could fasttrack access to these other focus levels like 23,25,2735 etc....would sufficient work with moens course allow this? what about brainwave entrainment?thx all
Jeff

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: New here about focus 27
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2007 at 10:40am

Greetings bocor,

and welcome!

Yes, Moen's home study course includes access to focus 27. It doesn't  'sail' you in, as apparently hemisync does,
but it introduces you with the natural means of breathing, etc and then leaves it up to you and your Interpreter as to when you are ready for 27 and higher. That way you know your system of subtle bodies has been stretched and relaxed enough for the further (farther?) explorations.

You'll get a variety of replies on this. Wink Mine is compromised since I never tried hemisynch.
Much success to you in your development!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Nov 21st, 2007 at 12:35am

Wecome Jeff, I agree the guidebook should have most of what you are looking for in terms of the focus levels, the instructions seem easy enough to follow if you have some quiet time. Early on to be frank, I and myself do not know which focus level is which, they are like states of consciousness, or awareness and the shift from one focus level to another can be so subtle, it's easily missed, so don't get worried if you don't know which level you're at, if you can get into the 3D blackness, you may be in focus 10, mind awake, body asleep, from there you can easily float into 15 and 21 and on up, this my personal observation.

would be glad to hear from you further explorations. alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 6:04pm

bocor, you can also get focus 27  hemisync on the "going home" series avalable at the TMI bookstore. There are no prerequisites to get these exercises. Also after Gateway you can do the Lifeline course and get lots of expearence in retrieving (focus 22 to 26) and in focus 27      (the park). You also get the focus 27 hemisync to take home at the end of the week. Great course and may well change your lives.
Joe

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #4 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 8:27pm

Has enyone ever actualy seen what focus 27 looks like.I know it has a park,are there houses,rivers trees green grss,places where we can swimm shops or stores.people walking around or just stopping and talking to one or another.what is the layout of this place.George

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2007 at 11:02pm

Bocor: After I went to Gateway Voyage, I eventually went beyond Focus 21, so I think it is possible without aid of special Focus 27 HemiSync tapes.

George: I don't know how reliable my explorations are, I only can say, the place I was in, and which I consider to be Focus 27 had all that what you mentioned. There are lots of organized public places, centers, buildings as well as landscapes. Sometimes it looks very earthly (though more beautiful, peaceful, with an inner glow, but sometimes forms are weaker and thoughts, images, concepts, feelings come to the fore.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

hawkeye

canada
Reply #6 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 3:25pm

Hi George, Having just started recalling going to 27 and making the effort(?) to remember what it is like, it seams like you have noticed lots of what is there. My impression is that the majority of the area is not stagnate. It can be changed in any manner that you want. In fact I have manifested a rather large area for myself. Funny when I made this area during an exercise at Lifeline, I though I was getting greedy taking so much room. I was approached by spirit only to be reassured that the conception of size is an earthly, physical universe, manifestation, and has no bearing in focus 27. There are also many buildins used for healing, teaching, learning, and just for hanging out in. Musical concerts, flower gardens, animals, large open spaces, and so much more. When you say "layout", I think this may be what you mean.(?)
Joe

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Nov 26th, 2007 at 5:47pm

I agree with Joe. George, when I was doing PE, I asked my partner to meet me in focus 27. we both were looking at a spacious park area in our minds.

I am attracted to the library: it looks like this: has those roman columns and a ton of cement steps leading to huge doors. large expanse of lawn, park benches, my PE partner and I would sometimes sit on to talk with each other. she saw a different style of park bench than myself, but we both saw them, and walkways through park.

I also saw my children sitting in an ancient stone school, stone walls high up, seemed European at the time. this school was like for their age group, for their soul group and there were teachers there speaking in front of the class.

the library I see as books up to the ceiling. guides stand outside to take you on tours, help u look for something.
like the others say George, it is a fluid and changable place according to what it is we would desire to build, or visit.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #8 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 9:53am

Hi Jeff,

bocor wrote on Nov 20th, 2007 at 2:41am:
Will Moen's home study course allow access to focus 27 without the hemisync binaurals?

Monroe use to say that we all shift our awareness in and out of all of those areas (or states) of consciousness continuously.  The Hemi-Sync technology he developed did one, very important, thing that not much else, including my material, can do.  Hemi-Sync will, if you relax and allow it to do its thing, automatically shift your focus of attention to each area of consciousness with precision.  This is, in my opinion, a very big component of what Monroe meant by his use of the term, "phasing."  Shift your focus of attention just a little bit away from physical reality and you will "phase" to Focus 10.  A little more, Focus 12, and so on.  The key to the importance of Hemi-Sync is its precision and automatic, targeted shift of ones focus of attention to specific focus levels.

The bigger question is . . . Once your attention is focused within Focus 27 (or any other focus level) . . . How will you KNOW that you are there?

If you just listen to the Hemi-Sync tape for Focus 27 (or any other focus level) and do nothing else you will probably come out of that experience believing that nothing happened and you were never in Focus 27.  The "trick" is that you must DO SOMETHING while you are there, you must find ways to interact with your environment and any self aware beings that may be inhabiting the place.  And, you must find ways to prove to yourself that your interactive experiences There are real as opposed to fantasy.

The approach my materials take to assist you in allowing "access to Focus 27" as you put it in your question is to use the definitions of "places" like Focus 27 that Monroe also gave.  He defined Focus 23 thru 27 by the characteristics of the kinds of self aware beings, people, who inhabit those levels.  My materials guide you into interaction with those people and in your interactions with them you are guided to gather evidence from them that you can use as proof to yourself that what you are experiencing is real rather than fantasy.

No matter whether you use Monroe's Hemi-Sync, my system or some else's system, every bit of contact with your own experience occurs ONLY within your mind.  To be more specific, it occurs within your imagination.  And since most of us believe that imagination and fantasy are synonymous we don't believe our experiences within Focus 23 - 27 are real.  And the ONLY way I know around this issue is to gather your own evidence within these focus levels to prove the reality of their existence thru your own direct experience.  

Bruce

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Reply #9 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 11:29am

Bruce,
Thanks for this post. One of the things that I have noticed is that there comes a point during my awareness where there is a shift, so to speak. Suddenly, I am aware that I am not "focusing" on the external sounds around me, though I may still be aware of it. There appears to always be some part of me that stands guard on my physical in case I need to exit meditative states immediately. I have been playing with this idea of the "slipping" as I call it.

Now, I am intrigued by what you wrote: shift your focus of attention just a little bit away from physical reality. Could you elaborate on your experience with this process. It seems to be key and I am interested in how you experience shifting focus both before and after TMI. During my TMI experience, I worked through the week until I came to Focus 21 at which point, upon my return trip (Smiley), I noted the loud crash of breaking glass and the oddest music (odd in the sense that it didn't appear as part of the exercise) being played. For a brief moment, I noted that the sound did not originate from the outside, through the system. It was outside of that event. I consider the breaking glass as a "break through" and the pan flute music to have been like trumpets of a different nature sounding my arrival at that key point. That was my experience, of course, and I noted with my fellow explorers that all experiences, depending upon their belief system, varied the experiences that had with the voyage.

Also, I will be the first to add a resounding DO SOMETHING as well. Monroe's daughter asked me once, upon describing my experience in the 3D space: What did you do? That was an oh, yeah moment. I hadn't done anything. I had been trying to get to that point in the experience but had no real goal for what I would do ONCE I REACHED IT.

E.
Smiley

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 1:58pm

Bruce said: "Monroe used to say that we all shift our awareness in and out of all of those areas (or states) of consciousness continuously."

The above makes sense to me. Despite how spirit realms are sometimes thought of as being in different physical locations, the fact of matter is that our relationship to them is more on an energetic/vibrational thing. I get all sorts of clues that spirit realms are right here where I am. When my spirit friends make contact with me, it is more of a matter of us tuning into each other's energy signature, than their physically traveling to where I am.

I've seen places like focus 27 while maintaining awareness of my body.

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Phasing and Slipping
Reply #11 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 5:43pm

EternalEssence wrote on Dec 4th, 2007 at 11:29am:
Now, I am intrigued by what you wrote: shift your focus of attention just a little bit away from physical reality.

EternalEssence,

The "slipping" as you call it sounds like a definite step change away from physical reality and toward some nonphysical reality.  In terms of phasing Monroe would say that shifting our awareness to one of these nonphysical realities, or focus levels, can be thought of as having some percentage of our awareness within physical reality and the remaining percentage in the nonphysical reality.  So, when you say that there appears to always be some part of your standing guard on your physical, Monroe would say some percentage of your awareness remains at the level of physical reality.  And that this percentage of our awareness is alert to physical surroundings and in a sense calls our "traveling awareness" percentage back to physical reality to investigate any potential physical world "threats."

One of the shifts that I experience that I could call a telltale sign of phasing is what I call the 3D Blackness.  With my eyes closed the flat, two-dimensional blackness before my eyes suddenly changes to a blackness with depth.  As I recall Monroe used the term Velvety Blackness to describe his similar experience.  One other telltale sign is the Flying Fuzzy Zone.  While peering into the two-dimensional blackness I am suddenly seeing many (100) tiny pinpoints of light all randomly moving in tight spirals.  The instant I realize what has happened high pop back out of that area of consciousness.  Of these two the 3D Blackness has been the most useful.  More detail is given in the Guidebook but basically by peering into the depths of this 3D blackness small, generally circular or spiral discontinuities and the blackness will be noticed.  By focusing attention upon one of these and intending to examine it more closely, or move toward it, interesting things happen.  Typically, it would seem that shortly after I focused my attention on one of these discontinuities I would have the sense of moving toward it, and popping out on the other side of it within what ever reality or situation I had originally intended to explore.

Your assessment of the experience of the sound of breaking glass and the oddest music is, I believe, right on.  Our own beliefs and expectations definitely seem to enter into our perception of these experiences.

Laurie was a great one for stimulating those "oh, yeah, moments."  

A perfect example for me that taught me how subtle the shifts of awareness are is one that only happens to those of those who do not sleep alone.  I crawl into bed, close my eyes, and if I am awake for more than 90 seconds that is by my standards insomnia.  So, I'm laying there after five minutes or so, wide-awake, wondering how long it is going to take me tonight to fall asleep.  I am wondering what's keeping me awake.  I am wishing I could just fall asleep.  And then I feel a gentle jab of my wife's elbow and she says, turnover Hon, your snoring!  In that moment I realize I had phased into Focus 10, my mind was definitely awake, and my body was sound asleep, snoring.  Yet, I had no idea I was in Focus 10 until the elbow nudge.  It felt like I was both physically and mentally awake.  If I had realized before the elbow nudge that I'd made the shift to focus 10 so completely, OBE would have been a simple matter.

I believe the same thing happens to many who use Hemi-Sync Focus 10 audiotapes.  While listening to the tape their awareness shifts fully to Focus 10 and because the shift was so subtle they don't know it has happened.  After the tape they complain that "nothing happened."  Many who use these tapes would have more interesting experiences if while they were listening they tried to do something.

Bruce

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #12 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 10:05pm

thanks Bruce, focus 10 is really clear to me what it looks like now, mind awake, body asleep. I never figured that out till just now.  Smiley

it occurs to me that intention setting in focus 10, if we could just remember to set an intention in that space, we could do some exploring.

many years ago I was often  in focus 10 upon retiring to bed, with the vibes and sensations many speak of. I always remember telling myself to "lift up and out." however, I would at the same time talk to myself, to say, but I have nowhere to go! haha!
seems funny now. wasn't then.
so anyhoo, setting an intention, defining, where, what, who, these things I ask myself, I remember guides asking me this too, like to a retrieval or the library, or just so long as you have an idea.

then those spontaneous obes, just a few, I remember it was desire to be at the beach which caused the obe.

to me, maybe it's not a physical location, that I would be in, as others will not see it that way, yet all the features are there in the other location, and all the nonphysical senses are picking up the nuances of physical location. the surf sound was wonderful! it is sort of like the question if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it? yes,  it does make a sound, lol, the universe is in me.

IP Logged

EternalEssence

Re: Phasing and Slipping
Reply #13 - Dec 4th, 2007 at 11:54pm

Bruce,

Thanks for the information. Slipping was the most odd experience when it first occurred -- or should I say, when I first noticed it. Since then, I have told Frank D. that someone should write a dictionary of nonphysical language, which he seemed to enjoy. It was that slipping point through which I first found myself grappling with the limits of language (physical) to describe the nonphysical aspects. Now, I have been reading the Guidebook with great interest and I found myself likening the "slipping" to the bendy exercise -- the moment in the midst of awarness when you suddenly become aware of the most intricate movement that you simply had not noticed before.

The 3D Blackness. I am so glad you posted that. Because I could not believe how difficult it was to explain to people the idea of blackness with depth. I often found myself telling people that my experience has been that I am suddenly aware that the two-dimensional darkness that I associate with closing one's eyes has suddenly changed (through "slipping") into a deep blackness, comfortable, but with definate depth. You can literally sense that there is a 360 radius around you within the area of awareness that you sit.

The Flying Fuzzy Zone is a new one for me -- at least I haven't matched it to any experience yet.

As to my assessment, Skip I also found interesting in that his questions always forced you to probe deeper for an explanation rather than seeking an association with another's experience.

Yes, she (Laurie) was. Penny, too. I haven't met the other as of yet. I am fortunate to have a part of them with me always. Rosie, Maureen, etc. My life seems very rich when I look at it.

"A perfect example for me that taught me how subtle the shifts of awareness are is one that only happens to those of those who do not sleep alone.  I crawl into bed, close my eyes, and if I am awake for more than 90 seconds that is by my standards insomnia.  So, I'm laying there after five minutes or so, wide-awake, wondering how long it is going to take me tonight to fall asleep.  I am wondering what's keeping me awake.  I am wishing I could just fall asleep.  And then I feel a gentle jab of my wife's elbow and she says, turnover Hon, your snoring!"

This is rather funny. Frank was the first person to mention this idea of hearing yourself snore. Upon my voyage at TMI, I suddenly became aware of the physical and I heard the most awful sound of breathing. I first thought that I had brought back some heavy breather, only to realize in a moment of absolute astonishment that it was ME. I had a single room and I was snoring as well. I think I told everyone about my gaping black hole of a snore because it was such an experience. Of course, I had to apoloize to Frank as well. I also experience time differentials, wherein the passing of what "feels" like a few moments becomes in "reality" the passing of hours. Your explanation matches my experience.

I have found that many people using some of the more visual exercises tend to have more tangible results. I liken this to the idea of doing something. The visual imagery, like in The Visit, for example, takes someone through the exercise step by step, telling them what to do. When you are suddenly confronted with finding your own way, people seem to just wait -- maybe waiting for someone to tell them to do something.

Out of curiosity, when you first began focusing your attention away from the physical, what did you focus on. I mean, did you have an image in mind, did you drift and allow, or did you follow a sort of path or pattern. Of course, I don't want to front load another's experience, so if you wish to reply offline, that will be fine. I look forward to any reply.

E.
Smiley

The elegance of the final produce belies the chaos of its construction.

IP Logged

george stone

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 9:37pm

I went to a place that looked like a reception hall.I heard a voice call my name.as I looked up,this woman who I knew had died,was leaning over a rail,on the uper leval.There were alot of others up there that I did not know.I waved my hand to her.This hall was very crouded,to many to count.Realy something to see.George

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.