Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
scary controversial dream (Read 2634 times)
DavidLay

scary controversial dream
Nov 11th, 2007 at 7:15pm

It has been a few months now since I had this dream but I hesitated to post it because of its controversial nature and my lack of understanding of its meaning. I still want to figure out how to go out of body and explore the afterlife and I haven't ever been able to do that. I can't even figure out how to meditate yet. However the dream was like astral projection almost. I was in a dark green room and I looked around for something to highlight. Somehow I was aware that I was dreaming which has never happened before or since. On the wall of the room was a painting of Jesus. Somehow he was highlighted with my mind and I started to feel my soul leave my body and it was heading for the highlighted picture of Jesus for some reason. However, I woke up before my soul fully escaped. I can vaguely remember my soul glowing a bright blue color as it was escaping. I woke up really confused and wondering if I just did something really bad. I wondered why out of everything I could have chosen to project my soul onto, why Jesus? And for that matter, why couldn't I envision a floating version of myself on the ceiling or something?

For the record, I'm not a Christian. I worship and believe in God but find too many things with just about every religious scripture I have read for any religion existing today that I found questionable so I have been living my life by my own self made beliefs and this I have mentioned before. Although I was afraid of being punished in the afterlife for misleading humanity, everyone I knew kept asking me to write down my beliefs which essentially led to me penning my own religious doctrine and I prayed for guidance on that before. That dream was mentioned way back earlier.

Still this current dream I mentioned had me worried for a bit. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
David

fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: scary controversial dream
Reply #1 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 9:19pm

Greetings Muzak,

Good to see that you are actively posting again!  Smiley

You needn't worry that you did anything wrong---you didn't. You had an important spiritual experience. It may have had an overly quick ending, but at least it brings you further into contact with your spiritual nature. As your own spirit reveals itself to you, you'll realize it's not really scary; it just wants to help you develope your own soul.  It must know that floating around by the ceiling really wouldn't help you develope new insights. You are beyond that!

Alot of discussion has gone on previously about how significant Jesus is to our spiritual development, including examples from people whose cultural backgrounds didn't accept Christianity. Since I've read those, I'm no longer surprised that He keeps showing up when spiritual development takes place.

Congratulations!  You are on your way!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 9:21pm

Greetings Muzak,

Good to see that you are actively posting again!  Smiley

You needn't worry that you did anything wrong---you didn't. You had an important spiritual experience. It may have had an overly quick ending, but at least it brings you further into contact with your spiritual nature. As your own spirit reveals itself to you, you'll realize it's not really scary; it just wants to help you develope your own soul.  It must know that floating around by the ceiling really wouldn't help you develope new insights. You are beyond that!

Alot of discussion has gone on previously about how significant Jesus is to our spiritual development, including examples from people whose cultural backgrounds didn't accept Christianity. Since I've read those, I'm no longer surprised that He keeps showing up when spiritual development takes place.

Congratulations!  You are on your way!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 10:57pm

Yes, Bets is right. The "classic" OBEs are, on the one hand, very convincing, because they are so "real". Of course, because we're used to take physical reality as reality, and the more similar our sourrounding is to the physical, the easier it is to accept it as real. But from what I know, this type of OBE is the more rare case. More often, people tell about to "wake up" in a dream, and then, they usually are not in the physical surrounding. That's normal. Robert Monroe even became bored of flying around in this physical (appearing) surrounding.
  So, in a more different surrounding, everything can be real, too, but it is at the same time symbolic, and/or filtered/distorted by everyone's belief system and experience. For example, this picture you were heading to, could simply represent a door to an area where you could find out more about Jesus, maybe you were interested in this. And it could be as well a hint for you. What kind of hint, you have to wonder yourself about.
  But, when you felt awake, clear thinking, being aware not to be in your physical body, then it was an Out-Of-Body-Experience, only not in the familiar physical surrounding.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

DavidLay

Reply #4 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 11:23pm

Hello and thanks for the responses so far. It was either spiritual of something or the beginning of an out of body experience that failed. I did have a recent incident in which an evangelist spent 45 minutes trying to convert me and the more he spoke, the worse he sounded. I've looked into it but found a number of things in the Bible I didn't agree with. Much similarly, every other religious scripture had stuff I didn't agree with either. As far as the evangelist goes, telling me that people were tortured for an eternity for believing the wrong thing but not for something like murder was very depressing and it disturbed me so I had to consult my dad and my guitar teacher on that.

My dad is not the most spiritual person I know but he is to this day the smartest guy I know. He could give me many philosophical points of view as well as he reminded me of back when I was in 6th grade and the teacher called him and my mother because I kept telling other kids that there was a real Santa Clause a long time ago but he died, also a long time ago. Apparently that scared the other kids. My guitar teacher on the other hand is Jewish and had a brief flirtation with Christianity before deciding to go back to Judaism and he is probably the most spiritual while down to earth guy I know. He told me that the original name for hell was Gehenna and Gehenna was also a real place at the time that Jesus was alive. Gehenna was the landfill in which garbage as well as the bodies of convicts were discarded and that it was set on fire when the pestillence got too strong. My guitar teacher also told me that the original Bible was written on scrolls in Hebrew with no punctuation and that leaves room for mistranslation. He eventually told me that his rabbi told him that he would be short changing himself if he took the entire Bible literally and told me to imagine being 80 and realizing that I hadn't done anything. My guitar teacher also said that there was nothing wrong with penning my own religious scripture and that every religion on this planet was founded by people. I let him read what I had in it and he said I pretty much hit the nail on the head as to what humanity should be like. He had a lot to say on the topic.

For me, my theory was that it might have been representative of the possibility of my document spiraling off into its own religion although honestly I'd rather it didn't. I'm just documenting what I believed during my own lifetime. Why I would be trying to astral project myself in the form of Jesus is beyond me still. In my document, I didn't bother making up any afterlife scenarios but I did talk about this site, Focus 27 and Bruce Moen when it got to the part of where I was supposed to talk about the afterlife and I refused to make anything up. Last thing we need is another hollow heaven. I also stress in it repeatedly that I'm just a human being and that I can't say for certain that anything I wrote is the Truth with a capital T. I don't have clearance for that. None the less I just wrote down what felt right to me.
-David
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2007 at 4:53pm by DavidLay »  
fixationdavid xavitotoenailx  
IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 8:02pm

Muzac:

I don't know if you've read any of my posts, but I too had a period of life where I wouldn't be open to Christ, because I didn't like fundamentalist ideas.

Eventually I got to the point where I tried to find out what is true.  Since I became open in such a way, I had some experiences and received some messages stating that Christ does play a key role in the grand scheme of things, but not in the suffocating ways fundamentalists often speak of.

Here is one series of messages I received. They came with thoughts, which helped me interpret the meaning. First I was shown a crucifix. I asked why. I was shown a headless, legless, armless manekin standing on a department store floor.  The manekin wore a white fur coat with black spots. I immediately understood the meaning. "They killed him (Jesus), they put him on display, they spotted his reputation (the black spots on "white" fur)." Next, I experienced myself press the high "C" note on my piano (not physically).  This meant that Jesus represents the highest consciousness level there is.

I found that when I stopped connecting Christ to fundamentalism and opened myself to finding out what he is about, some energetic blocks were cleared away within my heart chakra and other places.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.