Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If Wishes Were Horses (Read 8256 times)
AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Re: If Wishes Were Horses
Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 1:56am

That's really cool Bets!  Keep up the good works. 

recoverer wrote on Nov 15th, 2007 at 7:43pm:
That people wouldn't force horses to pull carriages around. I always feel so bad when I see a horse who has to pull around a heavy carriage with people aboard at some tourist trap day after day after day.  How long will we keep mistreating them?

I guess i'm going to be a party pooper and inject a little more seriousness here.   I've had similar feelings and thoughts to the above, but i've also thought this too:   I think some horses, the ones treated well, loved, and appreciated actually enjoy being of service to us.   

This is part of the reason of why i'm not a full vegan and don't believe in full veganism and that any and all use of animals is automatically "bad", cruel, or unkind (it depends on the individual intentions, motivations, treatment, whether there is gratitude involved or not, etc).   

Soul energy, and the various aspects and levels of same, from a spiritual perspective, takes great joy in service...but it also likes and appreciates some gratitude and appreciation in kind, just like we do too.

A more personal example.  I regularly work with a young boy who has a severe case of C.P., and his family, him, and i went to a fair type event where they had horse riding.   Well, i got up on the horse with my little friend, and my little friend really enjoyed the ride...so much so that i decided to go again later on.   

Darn if i didn't get the sense that the horse was happy giving us a ride, and bringing such joy to my buddy (doesn't take much with him, he is one bubbly, happy, and loving guy) and to me.  Her Horse Soul, like our Human Soul, is a wiser, more patient, and service oriented part of her...   

After the rides, i thanked her a lot, gave her some apple pieces, and rubbed her down a bit, and my buddy thanked her in his own beautiful way as well. 

It felt right, the whole thing.  Unfortunately though, there are probably many horses who are chronically over worked as well as under appreciated at the same time, and no doubt these ones are probably not really all that happy.   But, like with us, all in all in service comes joy, peace, and love. 

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 2:32am

I really enjoyed your story, AhSo. I love that, and, yes, I think it really depends on what the relationship between the "master" and "servant" actually is... because, as my grandmother says, a person can soon learn to ride "with" the horse, rather than just bouncing up and down in the saddle or forcing their will upon it in cruelty, and, additionally, a human being is capable of bonding with animals as closely as with other humans.

And also, yes, animals, when observed closely, show that they are often our friends, and, as such, they absolutely deserve no less than what we would offer a friend, in my opinion.

I think the points you and Recoverer make are valid, AhSo, because it is when we closely watch our own hearts and those of others that we notice what is so very precious all around us.

There are many ways in which we do not respect each other as human beings in this world, and many ways in which we do not respect this earth and all its creatures....

But, then again, there are many things we are doing well, and we can do better.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 10:36am

Greetings,

the failure we tend to make towards animals derive from how their behaviour was interpreted.
According to this interpretation, emphasised on their behaviour patterns, that seemed to be only stereotypes, there was no room for the "emotional" side of animals.

But that they are in fact more than just repetitive behaviour patterns, is shown through their ability to heal.
Horses or dolphins are assisting during therapies, I can only refer to what I learned about this, often disabled people (mostly children) are introduced to such therapies, and through their reaction, one can see, that animals convey "positive energy".

Much truth integrated into you poems, bets.

In fact, wishes are horses, one should watch out, which of them he/she choses for a ride.

yours sincerely,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.