Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If Wishes Were Horses (Read 8269 times)
blink
Ex Member

If Wishes Were Horses
Nov 9th, 2007 at 9:40pm

If Wishes Were Horses
what would you wish for?

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: If Wishes Were Horses
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2007 at 11:05pm

I would wish for a horse!  Smiley I wonder if it's too late in life to own one?

maybe not! you never know. also when I read this post I saw a little image of myself sitting on a mountain and watching the valley below as a thousand horses ran free, their beautiful gait going in the wind, the sound of their hooves shook the earth with power as every one I kissed and thanked god for what I was privileged to see; their unity and their power and beauty and innocense...there was a spotted black and white mare and she called my name..

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Nov 11th, 2007 at 1:53pm

If wishes were horses then together we'd ride
when our day finally comes to reach that far side.

First swimming, then soaring, our mounts are lifted by tide,
then deposited gently in the Park by the far side.
We'd bid them good-bye with a pat on their sides.
They're no longer needed here!  So off they would fly.

We, not virtual now but in true reality
would join hands together, dear friends To Be.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 12:42am

thats cool lovey.. Smiley

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 10:05am

Palomino wishes annd mustang dreams
--Be aware it's a wild ride,
much more than it seems.

From high on a pegasus
Above memories dappled or roan,
Just give them their heads
and they'll take you Home.

(See Alysia, you shouldn't encourage me.  Smiley )
Love, Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 1:27pm

cut it out Bets  Grin I'm starting to feel like a wild and crazy gal
must be the shift in consciousness..eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:47am

I knew something lovely was going to happen here. Thank you both!

This phrase, if wishes were horses, seems to be from a nursery rhyme, maybe mother goose, but I don't really know for sure....

IF WISHES WERE HORSES

If wishes were horses
beggars would ride.
If turnips were watches
I would wear one by my side.
And if "ifs" and "ands"
Were pots and pans,
There'd be no work for tinkers!

"If Wishes Were Horses" passed through my head for no particular reason. I don't recall seeing the phrase anywhere. But I knew you'd want to take a spin....

Let me see if I can find the whole rhyme, because perhaps there's more than this....

I am riding an Arabian stallion given by my grandmother....in my imagination, of course. He is pure white, and he has an intricate decorative costume hand-stitched by my grandmother, just for the occasion.... Smiley

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:52am

Quotes:
"If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their ***** when they hop!"
: : : : : ( http://www.kool107.com/GREGBIO.htm

: : : : : If frogs had wings, and snakes had hair,
: : : : : And automobiles flew through the air,
: : : : : If a watermelon grew on a huckleberry vine,
: : : : : Then we'd have winter in the summertime.
: : : : : (From http://www.grandfolkies.com/rack1.htm )

: : : : If a hog had wings he'd be an eagle.
: : : : If a pig had wings, he'd be a chicken hawk.
: : : : From "This Dog'll Hunt: An Entertaining Texas Dictionary" by Wallace O. Chariton (Wordware Publishing, Piano, Texas, 1989, 1990)

: : : The full Scottish proverb:

: : : "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride
: : : If turnips were swords, i'd wear one by my side
: : : If ifs and ands were pots and pans,
: : : there'd be no need for tinkers' hands"

: : : Another rhyme:

: : : If wishes were horses,
: : : Beggars would ride;
: : : If wishes were fishes,
: : : We'd all have some fried.
: : : (or alternately, "We'd all cast our lines")

: Is it just me? I can't make this scan:
: If turnips were swords, i'd wear one by my side
: Either there's another way to read it, or word it ... or the Scots can't scan.

It doesn't scan, nor does another version, "If turnips were watches . . ."
---------------------

Apparently, people enjoy playing with this phrase.....I'm sure the list goes on....

Smiley b

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:57am

Bets, I think you're on to something. I had a dream once that my sister and I were riding in a hot air balloon together, and we sailed through the sky over beautiful pastures. There were wild horses in these pastures, and no sign of civilization there.

In the balloon, I think perhaps I held my sister's hand, and we were at peace, as I can recall, flying silently over the beautiful scene.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 12:43pm

we have 3 abstract mind ladies here  Smiley the right hemisphere in action.

Blink, didn't we make a big thread once about pigs that can fly?
if my memory serves me right it was a turning point for me right about there.

the imagination of the right hemisphere can apparently create, at the least, a state of internal joy, at the most, it can create a manifestation of reality  Smiley (with intention)

now onto more important things... Cheesy If I were a turnip, I would look back from where I had sprouted and at last understand, I didn't get shoved off the truck on the way to town, I jumped!

Ladies, we dream. Blink related a heavenly dream in the hot air balloon. so that reminds me.. Smiley
first, Blink, what do u mean you can't scan something?
do u mean on the puter or do you mean mind scan? as in a rote? I have rotes on the mind this morn...

The Dream:

this is inspired by my friend Blink whom I am grateful to have met here, we are so long here, we are growing on the wall like something organic...the reason it inspired, she rides a white horse and this is about a white leopard

I was very small, under five, maybe 3 to 4 yrs of age. I hardly have any memories of early childhood. this one stands out.
the memory relates to a white leopard knick knack my foster mother had placed on a mantel. It looked very fierce and had its mouth open, showing teeth. I was thinking in my child mind, no, there is no such thing as white leopards, I'm sure this is just a knick knack, but I wonder...what if there is a white leopard and I wonder if this animal could be made into my friend?
(oh god I was so lonely back then!)

so that night in a very very real dream, I woke up, I was in bed and the leopard, full size was slinking towards my bed! whaaaaaaa!!! (this is not your typical buggyman under the bed dream though, not to me!)

as I froze in terror that my knick knack had come to life, it continued to slink slowly towards me and I thought for sure I was a goner now, I was it's din din!
I covered my face with the blanket, however, it was still there when I looked again! Lips Sealed

I knew it was more powerful than me and oh well, since I was toast, I may as well get a good look at what was going to eat me. We locked eyes. It had large, hypnotic eyes and seemed not mean, just powerful and beautiful as well. I tried talking to it mentally, like, hmm. what r u doing in my bedroom, and what r u going to do once you get up close to me? no answer. just that lithness approaching, when these animals move, all the muscles are fluid movement in unison. graceful.

finally the suspense was over. It leaped in the air over the top of my body and entered me! end of dream.
I often wonder it it's my true totem. all the Indians had a totem, like little white dove, running bear, etc...maybe the white leopard or tiger is mine?

and the white horse is Blinks?

or, it's possible I'm having a flying pig totem, who drops crumbs from it's chocolate smeared mouth...

hugs, thanks for your poetry here Blink, we surely could use it to balance things out.

IP Logged

recoverer

Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 7:43pm

That people wouldn't force horses to pull carriages around. I always feel so bad when I see a horse who has to pull around a heavy carriage with people aboard at some tourist trap day after day after day.  How long will we keep mistreating them?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 6:37pm

Good point, Recoverer.

A little reality along with the poetry never hurts.
So with all this inspiration I just joined a horse rescue group.
I think it's a more literal interp of the the thread than maybe was intended but hay, it can't hurt!

The rescue group has, among others,  three dappled blue roan draft horses with fluffy 'socks' that are just about made-to-order as 'memory-horses' --- like they just stepped out of the poem! If I can get any naming rights I'm going to suggest they be called Recoverer, Blink, and Laughing Rain! How's that for a merging of reality and imagination!  (they already have a horse named Old Bets.)  Smiley
Bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 9:37pm

This site never fails to amaze me, Bets. Thank you for sharing this today, and I am thrilled for you, and also for the horses.

I have been away for a couple of days, having just flown to visit my Mom and Grandmother (the one I referred to earlier) in another state. Today, as a matter of fact, when I arrived at my Mom's, after spending a night in another town with my sister, I sat next to my grandmother and we watched a program on TV which focuses on SPCA rescues of animals in Houston, Texas. (I live in Texas)

The major stories were about horses, and those they were able or unable to save.

My grandmother started an arabian horse club in the town in Florida where she used to live, and had several horses most of the time. One used to have my nickname. She made costumes for the horses, and the club members often had parades, or went camping and riding with friends.

Because I was separated from this side of the family for many years, and by distance later, I have never been blessed with horses in my life, although I had vague memories of being placed on a horse as a child.

Although, come to think about it, there were horses far away in the fields outside my childhood home. I would hike out there, watch them, and wish...

I am so glad I was able to get my computer running today so that I could read this, Bets, and I admire you for what you have done.

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #13 - Nov 17th, 2007 at 10:57pm

me two Bets and the horses will thank you, they are very intelligent spirit.

I have many horse stories i could tell!  Smiley

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 18th, 2007 at 12:24am

Hi Alysia, Bets, Recover, all,

I know you have a horse tale or two to tell... Smiley

Another interesting thing....and it's interesting to me because of the synchronicity. Perhaps at times it may appear silly and self-obsessed, but my life just reverberates with synchronicity on some days....as others have often described, there is just a particular feeling that I have when this is happening, and others have described the feeling....it is a sort of "glowing" knowing that comes from inside, a feeling of slight surprise, and then just a nice kind of quiet happy feeling...

I told my grandmother about this thread after my last post. She pulled out a packet of photographs, a newsletter from the Arabian horse club from her old hometown in Florida where she lived until she moved in with Mom last year, as she is now in her nineties. A letter and minutes from their last meeting were included.  She had called or written to them recently, and the woman she talked with was really happy because they had "lost" her, and didn't know where she was. She received this envelope two days ago, she said. She is important to them, as the founder of this club in the town in which she spent most of her life.

She said my great grandmother used to always say:

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride....but, of course, great grandmother never rode horses......so perhaps that was when the seeds of the horse club began, so long ago....because my grandmother took an interest in riding rather suddenly in adulthood.

These days, and for a while now, from what I can gather, the club works to rescue horses in Florida. She showed me the newsletter to prove it.

I'm only telling you all this because, well, certainly there are connections which we think are accidental, but I suspect they are not....My own internal logic tells me that there are connections here which occur by more than chance. For instance, it is entirely possible that this phrase "if wishes were horses" was planted in my mind many many years ago, even in childhood, and that these horses discussed here, which Bets has rescued, are part of a plan which is still unfolding...in fact, I am fairly sure of it now.

In my job, a few years back, I used to facilitate the completion of some administrative paperwork for continuing education units for various workshops for social workers in my area, before we created our own workshop offerings. Once, there was a special request from another state, and an unusual one: continuing education units for social workers offering training in caring for and riding horses as a type of therapy for children and adolescents. Apparently, working with horses is very good for some people, and helps them in surprising ways. Grandma's horse club has been involved in this type of work as well.

Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.