Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re entering your body after an obe! (Read 9917 times)
Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Re entering your body after an obe!
Oct 7th, 2007 at 10:14pm

I've been intrested in OBE's for 16-17 years now and I have been out of my body numerous times. Over the years i've seen countless posts regarding re entry after an obe. Tonight while reading through some posts on another site i came across a really neat perspective on the issue that I wanted to share with everyone.

"a convenient illusion is that your inner self has a size and shape. really it doesn't thats why you can expand yourself to fill a room or even the universe, your just altering your perspective. try moving your awareness to different parts of the body, before you have it leave the body.
now the good news is, you can't get stuck out of your body because in a sense you never really leave it."

IP Logged

spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Re entering your body after an obe!
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2007 at 7:47pm

So far, I have found that to be true. I can enhance my perception when doing the phasing/focused intention method, when I not force myself to perceive better "these things there outside me", but instead to balance this, to see things as outside AS WELL as inside of me.

However, classic OBEs tend to give you no chance to think about it that way, when you're overwhelmed by the physical-like appearance of the experience, isn't it?

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2007 at 8:56pm

Hi Kroan, that's an excellent quote you have there about altering your perception.  That's exactly how I describe it and understand it myself. 

In fact, my OBEs as a kid were exactly this type of thing.  When I would lay in bed at night and begin to get the feeling of it coming on, I would feel myself (my awareness) slowly expanding just slightly bigger than my body, then the size of my bedroom, then as big as I was willing to go.  I remember being able to "play" with the size I allowed myself to be, moving bigger and smaller to test the waters.  It was scary for a long time until I got used to it.  It took me a long time to understand the concept that it wasn't my body that was changing, but my mind, my awareness.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Kranada

Pennsylvania USA
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2007 at 10:15pm

I've felt something like that also but it as more like I became aware of how small i was and how much space was around me. When I would lie in bed at night i would start out feeling normal then as time would go on i would realize the room getting larger and larger and i would get smaller and smaller until it felt like i was a tiny little dot with trillions of miles of empty space all around me. It wasnt a disturbing feeling but kinda errie                                                                                                

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 9:21am

Excellent, Kroan!

Your way is the preferred way!  Bruce never wanted us to go Out of Body with the whole astral body anyway. One can move further into the spiritual realms as that point of consciousness because it by-passes alot of 'stuff' that gets in the way when a whole body is out.

Since that came so naturally to you, perhaps other developments will be easy for you too!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2007 at 2:43pm

Kranada wrote on Oct 7th, 2007 at 10:14pm:
I've been intrested in OBE's for 16-17 years now and I have been out of my body numerous times. Over the years i've seen countless posts regarding re entry after an obe. Tonight while reading through some posts on another site i came across a really neat perspective on the issue that I wanted to share with everyone.

"a convenient illusion is that your inner self has a size and shape. really it doesn't thats why you can expand yourself to fill a room or even the universe, your just altering your perspective. try moving your awareness to different parts of the body, before you have it leave the body.
now the good news is, you can't get stuck out of your body because in a sense you never really leave it."

thanks for sharing this Kroan. I totally agree we need to concentrate on spatial effects, and how large or small the feelings can be played with to learn about ourselves.

this is exciting to think about it. Bruce's books go into it a bit.

one time, I think I must have had helpers showing me this trick. of expanding energy body of awareness to large proportion and floating up imaginary to top of the world. and before that there was sensing the life force flowing up my feet into my head, and seeing if I could direct it up and around making a circle.

the exercise was extremely uplifting to say the least. thanks again mentioning it.
I too have sensed myself as a speck once in a while. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.