Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
falling asleep while pe (Read 5027 times)
pulsar

Europe
falling asleep while pe
Sep 16th, 2007 at 7:37am

Hey there,

is there any technique that helps avoiding falling asleep too fast while participating on a pe session?
Would be thankful for any advice

regards,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: falling asleep while pe
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 11:18am

Hi Pulsar,

Two, woops three, common causes of falling asleep, despite having focussed intent on the spiritual, come to mind---

One is that you're just too tired from daily life to focus. Then it's suggested you sleep 5 hours or so and try waking up about 4 AM to do an hour or two of spiritual explorations.
Some people show up at the PEs in the evening, some in the morning, it doesn't really matter since aspects of ourselves are probably there beyond our conscious attendance time.

Another cause is called 'click outs." Your conscious mind is confronted with too much that doesn't fit its belief system, so it has to make a quick exit to get away, and bing, you're asleep.

Another would be a safety valve again but based on protecting your physical health instead of your mental outlook.

Knowing from your past posts that you're a student and got your Moen books about when your studies began qualifies you for the first cause. Your POV on many non-material / afterlife issues finds you also well set up for the second cause. And in the chat room you have mentionned your hisory with cigarettes, so you also qualify for the third.--- Undecided   Which?  I don't know.

Your first reading through the Moen material might have to be just for you to set the stage for later developments, until your school study responsibilities become more routine and the smoke has cleared from your lungs abit more. What's important now is that you're going in the right direction and you're protected !
Setting your intent to accomplish these spiritual feats will bring you success when you're more fully ready.
(And perhaps you'll find other spiritual gifts before participating in the PEs !)

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 3:50pm

I surely do not advocate smoking, but I do smoke and it would be interesting to see if I had more adventures in consciousness if i didn't smoke, possibly in some way my energy body would change beneficially, yet I have no desire to quit and I did get something for our PE last nite so I am not certain Bets, smoking has much to do with falling asleep.

falling asleep I do that easy Pulsar, I find the intention to explore has to be backed up by a strong desire/emotion. two minutes concentration on the intended objective without too much distracting mind chatter should produce something for you, either in dream state or to try your hand at the imagination/phasing method. I think we've discussed persistence before.

see you guys on the other thread! love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2007 at 4:04pm

@betson

to add something to the health point, as I agree on the others you mentioned, I chose to eat vegetarian (5 years ago). But quite often I just do not eat or drink, instead of this I am doing something to "feed" my interests (the smoking thing again, it makes you feel that you need not to eat or drink....).
I think if changing this, I would have enough "energy" to travel, and not falling asleep after work and learning.

@ Alysia

persistence...  Wink

Maybe that changes, but it sometimes botheres me to get some feedback after having set sails for exploring, sometimes I just wish to be longer on such journeys. So it is annoying to wake up the next morning with keeping on mind the connection broke again.
Yes we had all of this before, practice makes perfect, but I am glad that at least phasing in mind states works better.

regards,

pulsar
« Last Edit: Sep 16th, 2007 at 6:03pm by pulsar »  

it is determined.

IP Logged

hawkeye

Afterlife Knowledge Member

canada
Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 6:43pm

Try sitting up or slightly reclined instead of lying down.
Joe

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 11:51pm

excellent suggestion Joe. lying down is the sleep position, too tempting for sure to drift off. also Pulsar, try at a different time of the day, when u are not tired.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

tgecks

Dahlonega, Georgia
Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2007 at 7:54pm

The time when I am the best at it is the morning, when I am not tired or as tempted to fall asleep. I have a friend who sits up, and it works for him. I recline, usually on the bed, and a cup of half-caf helps (my compromise). I still click out some when I have no reference or comparable experience or I am at overwhelm, but not as much.

Also it helps to have a specific goal, even specific questions, and to review them with your partner, prior to the PE, and perhaps immediately before to remind you. I remember a whole lot more when I go with a specific name, for example, on a retrieval tahn I often do when I "just explore" out there.

Hope this helps.

Thomas

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Reply #7 - Sep 23rd, 2007 at 9:10am

Thx a lot for your advices, concentrating and focussing works better while sitting (not too much "need" to fall asleep), even trying it in the morning (3-5 o'clock) works way better than in the evening, it is easier to travel.

regards,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.