Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Request for Advice (Read 7202 times)
ryuuko

Belleville, IL
A Request for Advice
Aug 10th, 2007 at 4:20am

I have read the first four of Bruce's books, and for several months now have pondered when would be the best time to start on the Guidebook (along with the CDs). At the present, I am quite broke, but I imagine it is only a matter of time before I have sufficient funds to purchase these supplies. There are other factors, however, that may make my upcoming journey a bit difficult.

I will be starting college at the end of this month. So, along with a new environment, I'll be getting used to my new classes, new roommate, and dealing with the fact that I actually have to be a semi-responsible adult for once. Tongue I'll be under a lot of stress for a while, and though I assume I'll get over it, I'm going to have a lot of important things to focus on, and I have to manage it all in a place that offers a lot of distractions. With all the things that are going on, I'm not sure I can handle it now, but it's something I very much want to do.

If any of you have used the CDs and guidebook, I would greatly appreciate any pointers. How do you deal with annoying, uncontrollable background noise? Lack of privacy? People giving you funny looks? Anything would help. Putting this next step entirely on hold isn't something I want to do, because I'm afraid that putting it off will lead to never getting started. This is something I'm very eager to begin, but I want to know just how much dedication I need to put into it, and if that will conflict with other things I must also do.

Many thanks,
ryuuko

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: A Request for Advice
Reply #1 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 10:04pm

Congratulations on beginning this new part of your life, Ryuuko!   Smiley

I find I'm referring to college, but I should also be thinking of the Guidebook, of course.
A great aspect of college is that many more people there will be tuned in to the love of learning new ideas. Having next to you books such as Bruce's might invite the curiosity or shared interest of other new friends-to-be.
A study carrel at the library might be the most privacy you can find. Or--If you found some time to explore the library or dorm, perhaps you'll discover a special place rarely visited (not too isolated) where you would feel free to sink into your subjects. (I found a large landing on a back stairway, little used; it had a window and space enough to sit on my backpack against the wall.  Ahh---fond memories.  Smiley )

What if you read the book this year and saved the CD-led exercises for holiday breaks at home in your own room? Then you'll already be primed for and focused on the explorations so that they might happen more easily.

Some college newspapers have an intro period when they offer free classifieds to students to help get things rolling. If your school does that, you could put in a notice for fellow Afterlife explorers to meet together.

College life takes some time to get schedules, faces, and places established. You have four years to devote to new ideas, so don't worry if you can't get it all in the first month.  Enjoy all the offerings!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

ryuuko

Belleville, IL
Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 3:13am

Thanks, Betson! I appreciate your advice.

How successful were you with your first few experiences using the CDs? If I do end up waiting for breaks to use them, I'd hate to only have a handful of days to work with them, and then have nothing happen. Tongue Of course, I'd go over the guidebook in detail beforehand.

See, everything I've read about before regarding OBEs/astral projecting/phasing (so many terms, and I'm not entirely sure they all refer to the same thing!) seems to require the person to lie down in a quiet, undisturbed place, with his/her eyes closed while concentrating on doing some sort of special technique, while at the same time not trying to hard, because that will get you nowhere. Tongue I've not been very successful with these; the most I've gotten are a few of the vibrations that people having OBEs are said to get.

I know that many people using Bruce's technique are wide awake, with their eyes open, and sometimes even going about their daily business while exploring beyond C1. Having never done it before, it sounds very difficult. Can you describe at all a little about how the exercises go? The library does sound like a good place, but I wouldn't want people interrupting because they thought I had fallen asleep listening to my CD player!

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:57am

Greetings Ryuuko,

I read the books first and later listened to the tapes. I was already having some random surprise explorations after the 3rd book so I can't say if read-first/play CD later is the most effective way, but it works for me.  Some people try the tapes, then go back to just the AKGbook because they like to be able to time the intervals themselves rather than wait for the tape to speak up again.
(There are pros and cons to both ways.)
The tapes are very similiar to the exercises in the book, with the added benefit of Bruce's calm and caring tones, and the lack of anxiety that a reader-only faces in trying to get back to the right paragraph, which sort of breaks the mood.

Don't be concerned about the differences between phasing and OB and directed imagination. Phasing usually happens as a short cut to the other two after you get a sense of what feeling ('energy signature') will take you into afterlife levels.  Directed imagination is the safest, surest, most effective way to get there.

Cheesy  I've seen people in libraries with 'do not disturb' signs taped to their backs, but I suppose that custom varies from area to area. Will you have access to a music or AV library with listening rooms/carrels? Those might be more private.
Uninterrupted seated meditation will take you to the Afterlife, but experience is usually required for 'on-the-hoof' experiences such as Recoverer describes, where he's called to do retrievals while washing dishes, etc. (You go, Recover-guy!  Smiley  )

The vibes you've felt are loosening the connections so they are a sign of progressing--congratulations !
Have you asked for Helpers to aid you? Whether you consder them your own undiscovered higher powers or slightly separate entitites, they like to be involved and appreciated. Trust helps over-come any bits of fear of the unknown and their assistance is helpful in establishing this trust.  You will not be alone but they like to know that you acknowledge them. It helps puts you in synch with a whole assortment of helpers you'll be meeting as you go and gets you used to sensing energy signatures, another skill that grows more useful the more active you get with this.

Perhaps you'll even find a way to relate consciouness Studies/ Afterlife to some field of study offered at school. More and more people are doing so.
Enjoy your new beginnings!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

ryuuko

Belleville, IL
Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 5:59pm

The vibration incident only happened once, and I was never able to do it again, despite following the same guidelines. This was a while before I knew about Helpers, so it did no occur to me to ask them for help. Also, seeing as I can't even reach focus 10, I don't know if I can really get a hold  of them!

I really don't think I can begin phasing without using the Hemi-Sync CDs. If I get the hang of it, I hope to eventually wean myself off of them so I can do it on my own, like many of the other board members.

P.S. Do the CDs contain Hemi-Sync sounds? I just went over their description again, and I'm not sure they do. I vaguely remember Bruce mentioning in his books that you might request a Hemi-Sync CD from the Monroe Institute in Virginia, but now that I'm going through them again, I can't find those parts!
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2007 at 11:51pm by ryuuko »  
ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 12:45am

Hi
ryuuko welcome. just wanted you to know I'm rooting for ya! Smiley  this may have been suggested already but I was thinking you may be able to put aside a couple of hours on Saturday morning for the tapes and reading. at least its a sort of disapline you might be able to keep despite all the distractions. assuming you can go to a favorite spot where you're pretty sure you won't be disturbed.

concentration is real important when doing this stuff. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

ryuuko

Belleville, IL
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 2:12am

Thank you, Alysia! Cheesy

ryuuko ryuuko89  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:59pm

Hi!

Bruce's CD's do not contain Hemi-Sync.  

I would suggest you do the CDs and book in your own private time so you are not disturbed, then when you have to be in public, i.e. the library or whatever, just practice what you've learned.  Even if someone interrupts you, think of it as good practice in the sense that the more you want something, the more you de-focus from distractions.  (Or maybe that's just me since I'm such a stubborn person!)   Wink

And if someone does ask you what the heck you are doing, it will be a great conversation starter to tell them you are practicing retrieval!  You might just start a new college trend.  You could start a retrieval group.

PS--Bets, I agree with you that it can be hard to go along with the CDs with Bruce's prompting rather than doing it without the CDs so you can move at your own pace.  I do much better "free hand".  Also, Bruce has such a soothing voice he's like my own personal euphoriaphone.  (Nudge, nudge, any Vonnegut fans out there?)  

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2007 at 3:50pm

Hey there!

I have got Bruces book and CD's but havent got round to using them in a routine way yet, i just started on my own, im sure the tapes are much better for giving you all the techniques and building them up, i cant wait to get round to them! Just wanted to point out when i first started i felt the vibrations also and had my first OBE through them but in my experience I never normally feel the vibrations when i explore so don't be put off if you don't feel them just keep going for it!

Ryan

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 12:39am

thats true Ryan, folks shouldn't worry when doing this work if they don't feel the vibes, its ok, one should just keep studying. I've found the vibes I used to have  mellowed down to like a soft wind on the neck area or crown chakra, so its gotta be different for everyone, what we do here. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.