Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SHAPESHIFTING (Read 955 times)
identcat

Afterlife Knowledge Member

New Hampshire
SHAPESHIFTING
Aug 4th, 2007 at 4:54pm

I received a gift from a fellow TMI participant.  He sent me John Perkins'  CD "Shamanic Navigation".  Http://www.johnperkins.org/index.html The description below the title, Shapeshifting techniques from the Andes, the Yucatan and Tibet had me a bit quizzical.  I didn't connect shape shifting with Shamanism. After all, isn't shapeshifting  for much higher being (example, Star Trek series) than for those of us in the present "Here"? 

As John Perkins' first CD begins, the introduction and stories of shapeshifting was more of a curious nature than that of reality.  A native in South America who shapeshifed from his human form into a panther then left the room full of scientist as that cat.  I understand the "illusion" which came across, but to actually experience such a fete was beyond John Perkins expectations. Good introduction!

I certainly don't want to shapeshift into a panther!  I wouldn't get very far in Nashua before the Game Warden shot me up with a tranquilizer gun then put my behind bars in a cage for a zoo.  (If I were lucky enough to get that far. More than likely some good citizen with a private collection of high powered weapons would kill me in a heartbeat.)   Mr. Perkins went on to explain that we all shape shift at different times in our lives---- we grow older and our bodies take on another shape.  Right on, John!!! If you saw my shape now, you'd run right back to the Amazon jungle and report  to the elders there that you spotted a pot bellied relative to the orangutan with dyed hair to hide the salt-pepper. John went on to describe other metamorphoses that we humans go through during our lifetime.  Well, this isn't so "far out" after all.  Maybe, now that I have an understanding of what shape shifting could entail, I just might get through listening to the CD with greater gusto.

I continued to listen to CD 1 : Types of shapeshifting (which included molecular shapeshifting I.e.: cancer) ; The four steps in shamanic healing; A time for change (help change the planet back to it's natural self); How can we shapeshift? ; John's personal journey ; The lesson of the Mahakala.  All interesting and well described.  I understood more about the concept of shapeshifting in  logical terms.
There is a warm up and as I listen this is what I experienced:  I am told to relax, feel myself outside on the grass and become part of the grass and turf below.  What I actually experienced was a melding into the grass, feeling the grass grow up and through my physical structure as a smooth textured velvet grass.  It passed through my physical body and became part of my spiritual overself. We were the same.  As the grass continued to grow up and through my "self", I began to meld into the earth and became a part of the turf which was once beneath me.  A feeling of pure calm and warmth.  I didn't want the journey to continue any further.  What purpose would it serve when I already became one with the earth?  I just wanted to be left alone.  However, the journey on the CD continued--- so, reluctantly I continued also.  I was to imagine my self lying on a magic carpet. My carpet was the grass that I became a part of. Thick, lush, velvet deep wonderful green which lifted out and up of the earth to take me onto my journey.   I do remember the rhythm of the drums, at first slow paced the picking up the rhythm.  I traveled on the carpet with speed and grace.  I felt as if I were merely gliding, gently across the earth.  At some point, I returned and woke up.

CD 2 begins the journeys. Defining your mission.  I have only listened to journey 1, Finding Our Mission, which last 19 minutes.  Here is what I experienced. John places you on a Magic carpet--- taking you to the great Amazon forest. Feel and distinguish the individual trees, feel the river below, taste the forest, smell the air.  Feel the power of the Mother Earth.  Now, follow a trail into the forest. Let the trees massage you--- I fell the delightful tickle of the leaves brushing across my physical.  See a clearing and a fire.  Go sit by the fire. The drums begin their pulsing. I clicked out and became a part the rocks.  I was now among many fossils.  Fossils of fish, birds, prehistoric animals. I was centimeters away from the fossils, vivid in colors of sand, greys, pinks.  John's voice interrupts. I am told to thank my guides who have just showed themselves to me.  Now I must get up and and go back to my magic carpet and the carpet brings me back to my "reality."  Pooh!   That 19 minutes went by like a flash ----- a millisecond.   Love and Light -- Carol Ann

The three things you can never take back:
The spoken word.
The unkind thought.
The misused hour.
identcat  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.