Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scanning, phasing, wonderring (Read 5053 times)
betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Scanning, phasing, wonderring
Jul 21st, 2007 at 12:12pm

Greetings,

This is not a report on a specific retrieval, but a question regarding a procedure.

When I was getting alot of retrieval work from a near-by cemetery, I got in a habit that apparently has stayed with me. Now I'm wonderring what it's good for, if anything--?
When there were spirits coming into my house several times a week, I got in the habit
of sort of 'scanning' the bedroom for these 'ghosts' after I went to bed. I did this scanning with my eyes closed, mind alert, body asleep. --Better to find out if a spirit was there before I fell asleep than to be awoken by one later  Roll Eyes ! During that period of time I'd often find one and could then start a mental telepathy conversation about 'a better place' which led to a retrieval.
Last night I became aware that I still do that, and when I've scanned the room and house, I then project this attempt to perceive spirits far beyond the neighborhood.  I seem to be projecting my mind out into ---somewhere. Is this the same thing as phasing? 
Is that a waste of focus? I wonder if I use up energy that I should be saving for retrievals, because I haven't 'gotten' a retrieval in a long time.

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Scanning, phasing, wonderring
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 3:48pm

Hi Bets, I used to feel the same way, that I must continue doing retrievals in order to be of service to life. the retrievals slacked off and I became worried I wasn't doing my job. my guides said I could rest my worries by putting myself on a list as "on call."

meaning don't call us, we'll call you.  Smiley

but I do like your style of extending awareness out there, I've done a few retrievals similar style as you, but usually in my sleep state. apparently you are doing phasing, which is superior to my sleep state my opinion. maybe u could ask for a guide what is your next development stage. But please do not worry like I did, that I was standing still. I think you are moving at your own pace and from what I see here of you, you are way out there lady!
love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 8:03pm

Well Bets as long as you not get bored with it or fear is involved why not a bit phase around? If you not feel it drains you there's nothing wrong with it.
As what the "phasing" belongs, in the sense Monroe described it I would call it phasing. It's simply to go away in mind from the direct sensory input. Vicky once had a nice example, that when you get out of your car after driving, you sometimes don't remember much of the drive, because you thought of other things.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 9:17pm

betson wrote on Jul 21st, 2007 at 12:12pm:
Greetings,

I seem to be projecting my mind out into ---somewhere. Is this the same thing as phasing?  

Bets,

There seems to be a lot of confusion about what Robert Monroe meant by "phasing."  I had the priveledge of having him explain it to me in person back in the 90s.

If I were to rephrase what he said in modern terms I would begin by asking you to imagine a "slider bar" volume control on a radio.  One of those things that you slide the knob all the way to the right and the sound volume is full-on, all the way to the left, it's full off.

Now to explain phasing it is the same slider bar but it doesn't controls a radio's sound volume.  Instead it controls where your focus of attention located.  Find a way to push the slider bar knob all the way to the right, and your focus of attention is fully, 100% within physical reality and 0% in nonphysical realiy.  Slide it a little way to the left and your focus of attention is within Focus 10, maybe 90% physical, 10% nonphysical.  A little more to the left, you are in Focus 12, maybe 80%/20%.  A little more, you are in Focus 15, maybe 70%/30%, and so on.  Push it all the way to the left and your focus of attention is 0% within physical reality and 100% within nonphysical reality, in other words you are dead.

"Phasing" was just Monroe's way of explaining his concept for what in means for us to shift our focus of attention from one state (or area) of consciousness to another.  I'm not sure how folks came up with all the other, sometimes complicated and convoluted meanings, but the description above is straight from Monroe himself.

Hope that helps,

Bruce

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 9:26pm

thanks Bruce, the knob sliding of attention and focus really gave me a good image of how it works. Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 10:39am

Thank you, Bruce and all,

Those 'takes' on this really help!

Love, Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.