Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How do we learn to know our minds? (Read 1552 times)
Lucy

C1
How do we learn to know our minds?
Jul 20th, 2007 at 7:05pm

When we talk about the role of belief systems in forming our reality (realitiees) I often wonder how to go about learning what my hidden beliefs are.

This comes at that question from a different angle. The link to the "Project Implicit" leads to an interesting website too.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2007/07/20/tests_of_er_t...

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: How do we learn to know our minds?
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2007 at 10:08pm

Dave wrote on another thread

Quote:
I recall a woman with severe arthritis plus severe fibromyalgia (all 18 tender points etc - none of this minor aches and pains stuff like I have). She asked why she had been selected by God to have these afflictions. n regression she found that she had been a young girl, kidnapped, tied up in a barn and used as a sexual toy by a group o men, finally starving to death. Her pain was caused by recollections of her agony, anchored by intense hatred and rage. 

Eventually, I asked whether she had ever done anything of the same type to anyone else, and she abruptly recaled that previously she had been the perpetrator. In her specific case, she could feel only slight compassion for those who had harmed her,  and left without resolution - whichis her priviledge.

So many ways to need to know your own mind....

IP Logged

pulsar

Europe
Re: How do we learn to know our minds?
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2007 at 1:12pm

Hi Lucy,

maybe you try daydreaming, just let it flow, think about nothing special, but do like a journey to your mind, let memories, daily happenings, future ideas pass, like on a train ride.
Mostly it does not take too much time to "get inside", to learn about what your needs/wishes/beliefs are.
It worked for me, cannot tell how good it works for you, maybe you could also go into a pre-meditative state, where you also mostly let your thoughts pass as long as you feel kind of "one with the universe" (could be that it works if you stop the pre-meditative state when you found what you wanted and cling on the thought, that revealed as your "personal belief").

Love,

pulsar

it is determined.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.