Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
robbery ends in group hug (Read 2206 times)
the_seeker

robbery ends in group hug
Jul 20th, 2007 at 7:18am

this is a true news story.  i thought it was nice that something positive (a group hug) came into play in such a bad situation, and nobody was hurt.

WASHINGTON - Police on Capitol Hill are baffled by an attempted robbery that began with a handgun put to the head of a 14-year-old girl and ended in a group hug.

It started around midnight on June 16 when a group of friends was finishing dinner on the patio of a District of Columbia home, authorities and witnesses said. That's when a hooded man slid through an open gate and pointed a handgun at the girl's head.

"Give me your money, or I'll start shooting," he said, the witnesses told The Washington Post.

Everyone froze, they said, but then one guest spoke up.

"We were just finishing dinner," Cristina Rowan, 43, told the man. "Why don't you have a glass of wine with us?"

The intruder had a sip of their Chateau Malescot St-Exupery and said, "Damn, that's good wine."

The girl's father, Michael Rabdau, 51, told him to take the whole glass, and Rowan offered him the bottle. The would-be robber, with his hood down, took another sip and a bite of Camembert cheese and put the gun in his sweatpants.

Then the story got even more bizarre.

The man with the gun apologized, the witnesses told the Post.

"I think I may have come to the wrong house," he said. "Can I get a hug?"

Rowan stood up and wrapped her arms around the man and the four other guests followed.

The man walked away a few moments later with the crystal wine glass in hand. No one was hurt, but once he was gone, the group went inside, locked the door and called 911.

Police said Friday that the case was strange but true. Investigators have not located a suspect.

"We've had robbers that apologize and stuff, but nothing where they sit down and drink wine," Cmdr. Diane Groomes said. "The only good thing is they would be able to identify him because they hugged them."

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: robbery ends in group hug
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 10:39am

Thanks, seeker!

That is priceless!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 12:44pm

yeah I heard that story; that was some pretty powerful positive thinking.

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 4:08pm

that is a remarkable story. how a person can keep their cool in such a circumstance and offer wine instead of resisting and becoming defensive. she must have studied Ghandi, a nonresistence, or nonreactionary behavior which disarms the opposition. like Tai Chi.

I am surprised he walked away without the money he'd demanded though. that's a tough one to figure. spirit was active there.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.