Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Helpers Playing Tricks? (Read 6039 times)
Rob Calkins

Denver
Helpers Playing Tricks?
May 7th, 2007 at 12:10pm

I had an interesting experience that relates to Bruce’s Guidebook.  I’m working my way through it systematically and started reading Part III in anticipation of starting that part of his CD exercises.  I got to the chapter on Helpers.

Sometimes I find it helpful to take a break from a series of exercises, so I listened to the TMI Gateway practice exercises dealing with Focus 3 and 10 getting ready to take the Gateway Voyage program next month. 

In both exercises they go through the Gateway Affirmation.  The last sentence of the affirmation specifically asks for helpers.  In the Focus 3 exercise there was just a long silence where the Affirmation should have been.  In the Focus 10 exercise, I had the affirmation but the last sentence, asking for help and helpers, was absent – another silence. 

Wow, was I surprised with this one!  Before turning on the CD I had vaguely indicated an intent to ask for helpers because of reading that chapter in Bruce’s book.  I wasn’t specific in setting intent because I figured the intent would be stated during the Affirmation part of the exercises.  Then there was only silence during those parts.  I’ve clicked out before but here it didn’t seem like clicking out – just a long pause and silence.

When I thought about it, two possibilities occurred to me.  First, while I believe in guidance and helpers in a general way, part of me balks at the concept of individual personalized helpers.  Perhaps my doubt and beliefs specifically blocked out those parts of the exercises.  The second possibility is that I had specific proof that there are helpers and they demonstrated their presence by specifically blocking out those parts of the Affirmation – first, the entire affirmation and then just the sentence that pertains to ‘them’ as helpers.  It’s like these helpers are playing tricks on me just to make sure I know they’re there.

Any thoughts, anyone?  Thanks.  - Rob

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Helpers Playing Tricks?
Reply #1 - May 7th, 2007 at 12:58pm

Tricksters, eh Rob?  Smiley

Congratualations! You have been honored by their attention.
IMO your helpers were stalling you for some reason. I don't believe that many accidents could coincide without some help (unless of course Lulu was involved,  Smiley but that's another thread. )In my experience there's always a point to Helpers' tricks. Something needs to be cleared out of the way so that fuller communication can begin. Try your own affirmations to them so they know you are sincere and ready.

My Helpers' first methods were tricks for years, until I gave them the respect and responses they required. Now they deal more directly with me and any jokes are jokes we share rather than at my expense.  Smiley
May you learn more quickly than I did!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - May 7th, 2007 at 11:53pm

Hi Rob,

I told you you're making progress.  It sounds like maybe during those times you did click out, so you must have been somewhere.   Smiley

Staying in line with your reasoning, both of your theories result in you not experiencing hearing that part of the exercise.  So either way, I'd take it as a sign that you should pay more attention to that aspect of you that needs help dealing with Helpers and your belief/expectation of what they do.  Just realizing this should make it so that you begin having more experiences with Helpers.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #3 - May 8th, 2007 at 11:44am

Thanks Bets and Vicky,

I like the trickster idea.  Tim F. had a nice post on it in the Papa Legba dream thread.  Don’t think this is quite the same but the coincidence of reading Bruce’s chapter on helpers and the blanking out of the affirmation in the TMI exercises qualifies as a great trick.  It certainly points to the need for me to pay more attention to helpers and my beliefs and expectations.

I had a dream that relates last night.  I was at a going away party in a large open area that extended into an adjacent garage area.  Then I was floating along an urban street.  Then I was in some kind of chute that went up and leveled off.  The chute wasn’t dark but had walls with a diffused light.  As I went along the chute it seemed much like the long silent pause of my TMI practice exercises.  I began mentally probing above me, knowing that the chute should open up some how.  Then I found myself in a loft type apartment or condo with another party going on where I stood speaking with the party’s host.

It’s interesting how being here on Bruce’s conversation board, my exercises and my dreams seem to interrelate at times.  I assume the host of the second party could have been a helper.

Rob

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #4 - May 8th, 2007 at 3:49pm

Rob said:
"It’s interesting how being here on Bruce’s conversation board, my exercises and my dreams seem to interrelate at times. "

Jungian Ira Progroff used to give workshops across the US where he taught ways to log different levels of inner dreams and visions along with various levels of outer events--personal, national, etc. These logs were set up so one could go back and find exactly what you're talking about----how the co-incidences connect to establish meaning. Congrats, Rob, by finding there's a pattern you saved yourself some time and money!

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2007 at 1:57am

Hi Rob, I've heard guides and helpers are sometimes able to manipulate electronic devices so anything's possible Smiley
my theory to date is we can have passer's through type helpers and we can also have one or two or more assigned to us as guardians. along the lines of guardian angels, but now have become more intimately related to us as members of our own soul group. these tend to stay in the background and orchestrate the other helpers with impressions.

I once had a PE to go to TMI. years ago, and I used to think, nah, I've never been there physically, so they won't let me in, but I'll go anyway and crash the party, lol..sure enough I got there and I couldn't get in the door ..lol!!   it was my own doubt that caused that situation. so what you are feeling may be correct. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2007 at 12:20pm

Hi Alysia and others. 

I thought about manipulation of my CD player and I agree that’s possible.  When I first started the Gateway exercises and when I got to Bruce’s heart and love exercises I started clicking out once in a while.  My initial tendency was to blame the player.  After a few times though I realized it was me.  The TMI folks included a warning that you may experience and hear different things on the same exercise.  That's true of Bruce's exercises as well.

I had a follow up experience with the Focus 3 exercise.  This was before the dream I posted above.  I got to the Affirmation and started making it.  My intent was clear and fairly determined.  Quickly, however, it became an effort to keep affirming.  As my sense of effort increased, the sound gradually faded away even as I struggled to keep hearing it.

I wonder about clicking out.  This was different from my experience in the past.  With the fading out despite my effort and determination, I wonder if some part of my self isn’t actively blocking out this subject of helpers.  (Guess I distinguish clicking out from blocking myself but that can be another type of click out.) Vicky mentioned some aspect of my self relating to helpers that needs examination.  That led me to go back in the Guidebook and reread the parts about recognize that I’m being blocked and communicating with that Aspect of myself and understanding it’s function and changing the belief.

The mention of guardian angels is helpful.  It’s my childhood image of a guardian angel along with feathered wings and shiny halos that’s part of my balking at the idea of an individual helper.  I’m working on examining this stuff. 

I also think this helper blockage ties in to a lot of my ‘doubts’.  If I break loose and acknowledge Helpers at a personal and direct level, then I’d go beyond my more abstract and archetypal way of viewing things.  That’s why I think this blockage is manifesting itself so strongly.

I think of all of you posting here as helpers.  If I can have great helpers like you, why shouldn’t I move on to having non-physical ones as well.  A number of my dreams are pointing in the direction of helpers and I’m also developing some elements of lucidity in my dreaming.  I'm sort of going beyond Progroff to some more direct experiences (and saving money).

Thank you all for your loving help. - Rob

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - May 11th, 2007 at 12:39am

angels dont really have wings and halos anymore, boy, the  collective image of angels has really closed off our minds to the truth. the halos stood for an aura around a more highly evolved person...used to see this aura around a minister I knew and finally put it together what the halo symbolized in art work.
the wings have got to be a symbol of the astral flight of spirit bodies.

anyhoo, we definetely have helpers of both physical and nonphysical circulating this board. saw them once. took orb pictures of the room where I wrote my book, there were tons of orbs but only in that portion of the house. sometimes I would cry while writing and then I felt the presence of comfort.

let me mention this young kid who was a temporary helper. he looked to be in his early 20's. he loved finding people and setting up time lines for others to meet. found me the van I was looking for. took me for a spin in the astral in it. each helper has their own special tasks they do.

then Bruce's books mention for a while, he never saw their faces, so I imagine they do keep a low profile for a reason, maybe we just don't believe, so they don't want to shock us.  curiosity and trust works best in my explorations.

hope u meet a few very soon and glad you joined us. love, alysia
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2007 at 10:47pm by LaffingRain »  

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.