Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Great and quick cold remedy (Read 1821 times)
AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Great and quick cold remedy
Apr 24th, 2007 at 12:51pm

Hi folks, i like to periodically mention this cold remedy, which i have used and which invaribly really speeds up getting over a cold.   I rarely get sick, and even more rarely stay sick for longer than a couple of days, but occasionally i will unusually mistreat my body and pay the price.   Last time i got sick, i had eaten a whole (pound!) bag of ginger cookies not too long before going to bed (such gluttony is rare with me), and sure enough the next day i started to get a tickle in the back of my throat which led to a one the more worse colds i've had in a long while. 

Anyways, the cold remedy is simple and easy to make, just need a fresh lemon or two, and some O.J.   

Squeeze fresh and alive lemon juice into a tall glass, and then for the rest you put in orange juice (it will be and should be the definite majority) and then mix it up before you drink it.  I like to use two fresh organic lemons per large glass myself.  Pretty easy eh.   Personally, i think it makes it taste better too. 

The important thing, is to do this first thing in the morning before anything else is taken, and then importantly to not drink or eat anything other than water for at least a couple hours after ingesting the oj/lemon mix.  Especially not any dairy or grain products (like bread or pasta for example) after.   This interferes with the correct digestion of the drink which actually then makes this a very unhelpful cold aid.  Most fruits and nonstarchy vegetables are ok to take a little while after, but still you want to wait at least an hour or so if you can. 

The lemon is an interesting food, its one of the most acid foods in its normal state, but when digested aright, under the right conditions, it becomes one of the most alkalizing foods there are.  Hence it's also one of the most cleansing since most human waste by products and toxins are positive charged in nature (eg acid). 

Now, we probably could argue for hours on end with some folks, especially with trained medical folks that there is nothing to the alkaline--acid balance except in extreme cases, but i've tested this theory again and again in practical ways, and it works conistently.  I'm a pragmatic person who uses what works.  I've of the mind that modern medicine has a ways to go to really understanding what actually heals a body at its more primary levels.  But i have great respect for modern medicines abilities and treatment of acute conditions.

I've also gotten guidance during dream and meditation about this acid alkaline balance thing, other than my studies in the Cayce readings which talk a lot about it and other supposedly "quack" ideas like colonics, which again i've found by experience to be quite helpful. 

One time, during a period of bad heat hives, i had a dream of drinking water with some baking soda in it.   Baking soda of course is very alkalizing.  I listened to the dream, and after a few days of watching my diet better, and drinking some water with small amounts of baking soda in the morning and at night (well after dinner)--sometimes alternating with the oj/lemon juice mix, the hives went away more and more.   Simply speaking, i was flushing positively charged (acid) wastes out of my system, because the negatively charged elements of bicarbonate of soda, bonds with those positively charged toxins/waste products.  Btw, lemons have a very large amount of very bio available potassium in them (and some other alkaline minerals), which is part of the reason of why they are so alkalizing when used right, potassium being one of the salts or alkalines of the body.

And you'll also notice a positive difference in mood and in energy levels when you gain a greater balance between the acid and alkaline in your diet.   Course these changes take time, since its obviously taken time to imbalance your system and use up your natural alkaline reserves (which are greatest when you are still a child).   If i knew as a kid, what i know now about holistic health, i would be radiantly healthy today.  I believe i would have been able to have facilitated the healing of my mom's fatal cancer also, if she had knew this stuff too and was disciplined along these lines. 

Anyways, the oj/lemon juice mix works very well, and its one of the quickest and most effective ways to alkalize your system that i've found, but again only if you don't take most foods, coffee, regular tea, etc. awhile (especially) before or after. 

Using this when sick, when i have all the oj and lemons i need, i'm generally feeling almost completely better in a day and a half, and during that time, if i can keep it down, i just keep drinking this mix, or will have some fresh lettuce or parsley at some point too, along with herbal teas like Rooibos or chammomile (oft with a pinch of ginger) which are calming and healing to the stomach.

Hope this simple, cheap, but very effective aid can also help you and yours during times of being sick.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: Great and quick cold remedy
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:53pm

"Ah So! Ah choo!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Smiley

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Re: Great and quick cold remedy
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 1:15pm

recoverer wrote on Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:53pm:
"Ah So! Ah choo!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Smiley

Har, Har Roll Eyes  Tongue  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.