Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
what to beleive? (Read 1291 times)
curiousgeorge

what to beleive?
Apr 1st, 2007 at 8:47am

Im just posting this topic, not sure what to tyype because im really tired...but i dont have any proof of astral projection of a world beyond the senses, beyond the physical body. how is it that you can beleive you just dont go to black when you die? if i had faith and if i knew that i was going to go somewhere after i died id be a lot happier, but im not, i dont have any proof. i have read numorous books, but nothing phases me. who can prove to me anything at all anymore?

Curious George~

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: what to beleive?
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2007 at 11:35am

Hi Curious George,

I always loved that story as a child....

This topic IS on topic and I think you should put it on the on topic forum, definitely. 

I think you are doing the right thing by investigating this thing from different angles.  It is natural to be discouraged sometimes when you are a "private eye detective" so to speak.

Lots of people just accept a prefabricated view of the afterlife, or simply deny its existence.  It takes courage to face it head on and look it squarely in the face.

But there is a lot of joy in this exploration too.  I hope you will stay here and discover more as you go along.

I am like you in that I sometimes feel that I just don't have enough evidence. Without actually "doing the thing" by which I mean actually dying, our egoic brain will not accept that it could change in any radical way.  That is too threatening to it.

It would rather not think about death at all, or simply deny that it will really happen to it.

Isn't that silly?

Death is a part of life, as we can see all around us in the natural world.  There is an order to all things. And regeneration is a natural law.

I think that as I have gone inside with meditation and continued to read and interact with people who do not deny death itself I find that life becomes more precious every day.

If you think about it, you go into the blackness every night when you go to sleep. Is it an empty place where nothing happens? Not for me!

Some people say, as above, so below.  The more you look and see fully around and within you I believe you will notice a natural pattern to everything, and death is just part of that pattern.

much love, and yes, bring this to the on topic area!  Smiley   blink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.