Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Disks (Bruce's Disk) (Read 10188 times)
MikeMiller

Mike Miller

Odenton, MD
Disks (Bruce's Disk)
Mar 17th, 2007 at 12:49am

I have a question regarding the concept of the "Disk"/higher self/total self.
In book three (I believe it was), Bruce came to the realization that Bob (and others that he knew while living) were all part of his Disk, meaning they were all part of the same Higher Self.  When I first read this, it blew my mind that another part of yourself could be someone you know.  After further reading and understanding the concept of the Disk, it was no longer all that surprising to me, but I was left with the question: are we all (humans) part of the same Disk, or are there many Disks and some people I know may be from another Disk and some may be part of the same Disk as I am (and we're connected via Filaments of Awareness)?   Undecided
Thanks,

-Mike

WWW mike82miller  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Re: Disks (Bruce's Disk)
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 11:20am

Hi Mike,

It’s always good to see new members here.  Welcome.  I think many of us on the board see consciousness as ultimately merging into oneness.  All of us are interconnected.  Bruce’s disk to me is a representation of that.

I view the disk as something akin to a metaphor that addresses how different parts of our being are interconnected.  It’s difficult for me to see the disk and it’s subsequent connection to still higher disks as literal.  So I see the disk(s) as a physical representation of how different aspects of consciousness are related and ultimately linked.  I suspect there are many disks but at some point they hook up into other disks where people we know are part of one of our greater disks.

One of the nice things about this conversation board is that everyone contributes a somewhat different perspective.  I find that my understanding increases as I incorporate other people’s takes on the topic being discussed.  I hope there are more responses to your post.

Rob

IP Logged

MikeMiller

Mike Miller

Odenton, MD
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2007 at 12:12pm

Rob Calkins wrote on Mar 17th, 2007 at 11:20am:
Hi Mike,

It’s always good to see new members here.  Welcome.  I think many of us on the board see consciousness as ultimately merging into oneness.  All of us are interconnected.  Bruce’s disk to me is a representation of that.

I view the disk as something akin to a metaphor that addresses how different parts of our being are interconnected.  It’s difficult for me to see the disk and it’s subsequent connection to still higher disks as literal.  So I see the disk(s) as a physical representation of how different aspects of consciousness are related and ultimately linked.  I suspect there are many disks but at some point they hook up into other disks where people we know are part of one of our greater disks.

One of the nice things about this conversation board is that everyone contributes a somewhat different perspective.  I find that my understanding increases as I incorporate other people’s takes on the topic being discussed.  I hope there are more responses to your post.

Rob

Thanks, Rob.  I hope to see more responses as well.  Smiley

I assumed that, if indeed some of us here on earth have different Disks then they ultimately joined up into one.  But I guess I was hoping, at this point at least, to understand what Bruce's take on it was.  This particular question either wasn't answered in the books, or else I didn't catch it. Of course, I'd like to learn it all firsthand for myself, but my intent of this post was to try to understand what Bruce's understanding of it was (and the understand of others who've read his books as well). 
Thanks for your reply!   Smiley

-Mike

WWW mike82miller  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:46am

Greetings Mike,

Definitely --Welcome!
You said
'are we all (humans) part of the same Disk,
or are there many Disks and some people
I know may be from another Disk and some
may be part of the same Disk as I am
(and we're connected via Filaments of Awareness)?'

Yes,  Smiley you are in accord with Bruce's concept of the disks when you say that there are at one point separate disks, but that filaments attach them to each other and ultimately 'higher' /'larger' disks. Whether Bruce published that, or told here that he's experienced it since publishing, or even that he told here that he accepts RAM's description of the continuing series of disks, I don't recall. 
Bruce says our own experience is what's important; he's only showing the ways it's been revealed to him.  And written reports can only cover a part of one's experiences,( as we find out frequently over at the PE forum.)  Smiley Some people visualize the disk function in more of a bubble or even a sunflower. Our Interpreters do have individuality, lol!

You sound like you're into the journey yourself and that's what's important !

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

MikeMiller

Mike Miller

Odenton, MD
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 11:03am

betson wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 10:46am:
Yes,  Smiley you are in accord with Bruce's concept of the disks when you say that there are at one point separate disks, but that filaments attach them to each other and ultimately 'higher' /'larger' disks. Whether Bruce published that, or told here that he's experienced it since publishing, or even that he told here that he accepts RAM's description of the continuing series of disks, I don't recall.

Great, thank you for your reply!

Bruce says our own experience is what's important; he's only showing the ways it's been revealed to him.  And written reports can only cover a part of one's experiences,( as we find out frequently over at the PE forum.)  Smiley Some people visualize the disk function in more of a bubble or even a sunflower. Our Interpreters do have individuality, lol!

I agree completely; I was merely looking for clarification of Bruce's understanding of his reality.

You sound like you're into the journey yourself and that's what's important !

Yes indeed.  I've read a lot and I'm very interested, but I've yet to experience it for myself.  That's what I'm working on now.  (I want to turn my Beliefs into Knowns, and/or squash any Beliefs and discover my Knowns).

-Mike

WWW mike82miller  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 3:54pm

Hi Mike; great question. we are basically in the same ballpark. the disc concept was like a vision, left to one's own interpretation process.
of course I cannot speak for Bruce but I can share my ideas, and Bruce may be traveling so maybe he'll answer sometime.
the disc I see as, I conjecture composed of one's total higher being. possibly may contain from 1 to up to 1600 personalities/individualities of which your total awareness/being has participated in, known as a lifetime. (remember this is just a faulty personal interpretation of my own) then these personalities/individualities were seen to be compartmentalized, as Bruce said, like a sort of drawer and could be retrieved, given life again, or called upon, but they remain never to die, as we do not die or lose anything within our spiritual homes.
incarnation occurs, whether all at once, or u may view it in linear fashion if u please, but incarnation occurs as light from the disc funnels into a body of physical dna. this light can contain memories of who and what it is (its connections) or it can contain no memories if it's ELS experience is limited. (not all nonphysical beings participate in ELS, I mean, lol, it looks good from the brochures)
we are the light. We are basically awareness.
so one disc I assume can be a tighter composite which is connected to a larger disc and so on and so on..if you will imagine the universe as a holographic imprint of awareness/spirit.

I've also read that after a certain amount of experience here we can attach ourselves to another disc...but basically we are in the soup together, as one. I believe when one begins to think globally, we can begin to grasp the spiritual disc/oneness concept better, and I think that has to happen as soon as we can get beyond merely trying to survive in the everyday world, speaking of other nations mostly where just surviving is what they are doing.
I just thought of something Smiley  (oh oh I'm dangerous now)  the Earth looks like a disc!

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

MikeMiller

Mike Miller

Odenton, MD
Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 4:50pm

Thanks for your input, Alysia.  I think my question was born when I'm out in a crowd and I look around and think, "we're all connected, ultimately, but I wonder if any of these people are in my particular (1st-level) Disk?"    Roll Eyes

WWW mike82miller  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 5:01pm

oh Smiley  I've read some Elias literature which is like Seth stuff. in it he says basically your disc mates, your other you's, the same essence, pattern, spin off, they will be in another time frame period, or another part of the globe, but we can go out of body to meet them, or develop this ability. Monroe met his future self, which we could see as a member of his disc.

I think its possible, as nothing is impossible, but that it's like part of your design to meet if you do meet such a person you immediately resonate with, there is a "knowing."
these people there is no karma with them, as they are you.
and frequently we come here to work off some paybacks. (my journey)

IP Logged

MikeMiller

Mike Miller

Odenton, MD
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 5:07pm

LaffingRain wrote on Mar 18th, 2007 at 5:01pm:
oh Smiley  I've read some Elias literature which is like Seth stuff. in it he says basically your disc mates, your other you's, the same essence, pattern, spin off, they will be in another time frame period, or another part of the globe, but we can go out of body to meet them, or develop this ability. Monroe met his future self, which we could see as a member of his disc.

I think its possible, as nothing is impossible, but that it's like part of your design to meet if you do meet such a person you immediately resonate with, there is a "knowing."
these people there is no karma with them, as they are you.
and frequently we come here to work off some paybacks. (my journey)

Well....
Bruce found out that Bob Monroe was a part of his Disk (his "I/There"), but he didn't found this out until after Bob had passed on.  (He learned that he was drawn to Bob due to the filaments of awareness after the fact).

WWW mike82miller  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 5:18pm

That right, Bob and Bruce are from the same disc for sure! They have really helped humanity my opinion, that they had the same intentions for what they have accomplished.

I hope to meet my twin ray soon...been reading up on that! and I hope we all can have complete self realization. I'm sure we will. one day at a time.
hey, maybe if you want to meet with disc mates, its just a matter of setting a firm intention?
love, alysia

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 19th, 2007 at 2:51am

Hi Mike,

My thoughts, feelings, kind of echoe Rob's, Betson's, and Alysias as regards this subject.

I also see it from different perspectives too.   I see each Disc, also kind of corresponding to a major dimensional consciousness state of being as well. 

What i find really interesting is that in Bruce's info, Bruce found out that he has 8 major Disc selves from his immediate past/present/future lives self, all the way out to the most expanded Disc which he called the Planning Intelligence which is kind of like a Universal consciousness state which contains all awareness, info, and consciousnesses within this particular Universe.  This was the 8th Disc which was connected to his immediate Disc.

From the most expanded and ultimate perspective, these since they are all intimately connected, are basically One big Disc or Self, but i also believe in the individuality aspect of it as well. 

The interesting coincidence is, that in the Edgar Cayce psychic readings, his guides mention that there are 8 major dimensions within this system of energies.   Is it merely a coincidence that Bruce experienced and perceived 8 Discs and according to this rather studied and verified psychic source, there are also 8 major dimension connected to this system?

Btw, i believe we can get more specific with this whole Disc thing.  For example, i've not read this anywhere, but i've come to believe that our 2nd Disk to our 1st, is that of our Twin Soul's 1st Disk and ours combined.    They seem to have originally been one complete Disc before this whole Total self started to project parts of itself into the physical dimension and this overall system.   

But because this system and this dimension in particular, is heavily based on the energy of "polarity", then these separated in consciousness to some extent, almost as an indication of our lack of balance between the masculine and feminine within self.  Just as humans are in bodies of either male or female, while our immediate Discs contain both male and females lives, it seems that the majority do have a predominance of one over the other.   

For example, most of my lives have been male ones though i have some female here and there within my immediate Disc.  My Fiance and Twin Soul on the other hand, has had predominantly female lives though some males here and there as well.   She is kind of the yin to my yang, and when we met and started to live together, there was a greater balancing between our respective imbalanced male-female polarity balances.   It's like being together has shifted both of our energies more towards that of neutral or completely balanced, because we are Twin Souls and so psychically connected. 

The 3rd Disc self, i believe probably contains our non-human selves, which by their inherent nature are more androgynous in nature than our 1st and 2nd Disc selves.  So, its a combination of your 1st and 2nd Discs, with aspects which evolved in other systems other than the ELS.

Then there are the other Discs, the 4th i believe contains our immediate Soul group, those selves and Discs who have been intimately connected in their physical and nonphysical lives accross, in, and beyond time and space.  This can vary with individual examples, but it seems on average that there are anywhere from 3 to 9 immediate Discs within this more expanded grouping which we could call the 4th Disc. 

Just keep expanding it, the concepts and the relationships, each one after has ever more "numbers" of indivdiual expressions all connected within, each becoming less emotionally and personality attached, and more purely PUL oriented in nature, meaning less attached, more unconditional, and less "karmically" connected in a personal sense. 

Like Bruce and Bob, i also believe that i've met another self in the same time/space cycle from my immediate Disc.   Not surprisingly, we had a lot of similarities in common, and like Bruce Moen and Bob Monroe, our names also had a similar resonance and similar sound to them overall.   He died young though, a few years ago.   

We were not especially close in a material or physica-emotionall way, we didn't spend much in-physical time together, but there was a strong pull between us, and a strong spiritual connection.  I had many dreams about him over the years, though we weren't close as those materially minded count as "close".   I apparently knew about his death via dream, before i found out consciously within C1 state about it (a friend told me a couple weeks after a dream i had about him). 

Interesting stuff.   I believe i may have another one or two immediate Disc members out there in the same space/time cycle, but am not sure on this.  I feel my Twin Soul Becky has at least another self out there as well as part of her immediate Disc, but she is rather on the older side and probably won't be around for much longer.   I'm interested in them meeting and seeing the interaction, but don't know if this will happen.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.