Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you watch American Idol? (Read 2509 times)
Kate

I drink dark beer.

The South
Do you watch American Idol?
Jan 23rd, 2007 at 4:00pm

If you do I'm sure you won't miss any of the audition shows as they are a hoot, but you certainly should not miss tonight's episode - it's the
Memphis
audition.

This is where I live so everyone please tune in.

Okay, I'm done now.  Grin

IP Logged

Aras

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Seattle
Re: Do you watch American Idol?
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 4:27am

HI
I do watch it, and only to see the bad performers... that is what makes it entertaining for me.
Once they get the ones to go to hollywood, I don't think I'll continue at that point.
I watched it last season all the way through, and really felt that I wasted my time doing it.

but certainly not wasting it watching the bad ones.... 

Aras

IP Logged

Kate

I drink dark beer.

The South
Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2007 at 1:12pm

I only watched the auditions from last year and that was it.  I saw no more of the show and was kept up to speed by what the news reported.

I may do the same thing this year.  If I watch the entire season it'll be because a Memphis contestant is doing well.  I know that sounds bad but I think I'm getting burned out.

And I'm not too happy that the last hour of the Mem audition was cut because of the president's speech. Angry  I'm hoping they'll air it soon.  22 people made the cut.

IP Logged

recoverer

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 1:01pm

Kate:

During a past season I was watching the show one night and one of the contestants was acting ridiculous. While laughing at this contestant it occurred to me that God is just as aware of this person's life and loves this person just as much as he is aware of my life and loves me. Right after thinking this I saw a bright star of light flash three feet above the center of my television set. I got the mental message that what I thought is true. A little while later I was thinking the same thing about another contestant, and the exact same thing happened again. A bright star flashed three feet above the center of my television set, and I got the answer, "yes, God is completely aware of this person and loves this person just as he loves me."

Some contestants show what can happen if we allow irrational fragments of our minds to get the best of us. It is as if we get possessed by irrational parts of our own mind. It is better to connect our will to divine will.

P.S. Nice pics. Is the girl with a blue cup you at a younger age, or your daughter.

IP Logged

Kate

I drink dark beer.

The South
Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 5:25pm

That's my daughter, Lexi.  

I looked much like that when I was her age only I had bangs and a bad perm  Cheesy  That's a picture of my son right next to hers.  His name is Judson (Jud or Juddy for short) and this is the little person who keeps me up all night, the little toot.  He's been sick since October and so his stuffed up nose just won't let him sleep well.  It's always when I'm up in the middle of the night with him that I see blinking lights as well as experience other strange occurances.  Smiley  Glad you like the pics.  I'd like to be known here by something other than Kate.  Hopefully our smiling faces will cheer ya up if you're having a bad day.  Smiley

It just so sad to watch these folks be publicly made fun of.  I know they choose to go there and try out but it's still incredibly harsh.  I'll be glad when that show runs out of steam and isn't on anymore.  Making fun of and/or laughing at people 'just because' isn't my cup of tea.  I think you're right, the blinking lights you saw above your TV as you were thinking about it was a validation to you that you're on the money.  That had to be an amazing experience.  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.