Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you live in Puerto Rico? (Read 5941 times)
Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Do you live in Puerto Rico?
Jan 5th, 2007 at 11:45am

Posting this note makes me happy we have an "Off Topic Posts" forum because this one is definitely off topic  Cheesy

My wife, Pharon, and I are planning a vacation visit to Puerto Rico and would like to connect with someone living there who could give us suggestions for places to see and things to do.

Thanks,

Bruce

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Re: Do you live in Puerto Rico?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 3:31pm

I don't live in Puerto Rico but a co-worker's wife is from there. He says that there is nothing much to do on the 2 smaller islands (that may be what you want!) but that the beaches there are gorgeous, you can wade in the water up to your chest and still see your feet, so if you like sitting on the beautiful beach all day, you might like to plan to ferry over to one of the smaller islands for a day.

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 10:51pm

Hi,

I don't live in Puerto Rico, but i visited there a couple years ago with my Fiance, and two friends one of whom was originally from P.R., and we traveled around much of it. 

I recommend El Yunque, which is part of the jungle.  The waterfalls around there are really nice.  The phosphoresent bay on the east coast is kind of cool.   Old San Juan and El Moro (an old spanish fort) is kind of cool, though overall i wasn't a big fan of San Juan. 

The Camuy Caves on the west coast are pretty kool.. and i second Lucy's recommendations about the island beaches (unfortunately we weren't able to visit any, but our friend John from P.R. said they were really nice).

Hope this helps, and enjoy yourselves!   (the humidity is a bit oppressive but we went in summer..so..not the greatest time to go!)

IP Logged

Lucy

C1
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2007 at 2:23pm

Puerto Rico must be the place to go. A co-worker just got back from Rincon, which she highly recommends. She surfs a little and that's a good place to surf. Rent a condo for a week, stay on the beach..hard to come back! I guess that's a major surfing area?

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 11:57am

Lucy,

Rincon is one of the places definitely on our list.  From what I've read there is a large expat community living in that area.  My surfing days, if I would have had any, probably require better body balance than I can muster these days   Smiley  but I can still walk a beach and enjoy warm, snowless weather  Cheesy

Who knows, maybe it will be too hard to come back, and me being so lazy I won't?

Bruce

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 12:14pm

I heard from some customers I used to clean house for that Puerto Rico had some very very cheap property but that if you just used it for vacation once a year that you got yourself some poachers so you had to hire someone local to watch your place. I think they were called squatters. maybe the weather is so nice there, one can live in a thatched roof.

they must of been talking about the ex-pat. community. Mexico has some of these places but the price of property is slowly rising due to demand.

lazy is good. very good. I think we are all getting restless.

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #6 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 4:34pm

Greetings Bruce,

We just saw on TV that passport requirements are getting more strict and are needed for places previously not needed. You probably know that but just thought I'd send an  alert.

Cheesy Wink  Do you need a gardener or a pool tender while you're down there?  Cheesy

Bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Jan 13th, 2007 at 7:50pm

or, lol, do you need a house cleaner? Cheesy

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 3:12am

I believe the new passport rules, for Americans, are not required for P.R. (or the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam) because it is territorially part of the U.S.

Rob

IP Logged

Bruce Moen
YaBB Administrator

YaBB Admin Land
Reply #9 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 8:32pm

Rob.

The new passport rules look like we Americas can leave our country without a passport, but the won't let us back in the country unless we have a passport.  This is part of some "great thinker's" way of making it look like the government is protecting us from terrorists.  What a laugh!  All it does is inconvenience millions of Americans while anyone who has the price of a forged passport still walks on in no problem.  We get the inconvenience and the false sense of security (at least those who believe that this sort of bogus bullshavism makes us more secure can feel secure) and terrorists still get to walk through with their forged passports. 

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Bruce

IP Logged

AhSoLaoTsuAhhOmmra
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Feb 3rd, 2007 at 3:57am

It seems to me that its also another way to make a lot of money off the American people other than through taxes.

Verra, verra corrupt state of affairs.  There is a part of me, which actively desires the collapse/breakdowns at this point in the game.  Sounds horrible i know...

I just got my passport not too long ago, for a planned trip to Scotland, where Becky and i are getting handfasted (then later officially married in the states).   It's in April, should be interesting.  Use to care about my Scottish heritage when younger, now don't care at all, but Scotland still looks like a kool place to visit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.