Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doubt (Read 6192 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Doubt
Nov 17th, 2006 at 2:26am

Does anyone remember this from the Guidebook and can exactly pinpoint where Bruce has said this:

Something along the lines of...having doubt about something can actually trigger that exact experience to manifest itself in your life simply for the purpose of proving it is real.

Does anyone want to discuss what they know about this and any experiences with it?  

The one I'm currently writing about is a time when a 17-year-old girl asked me if I'd ever experienced hearing someone's thoughts.  At the time, I remember thinking that it was not possible to hear someone's thoughts.  But she said she had a friend who claimed to be able to hear people's exact thoughts.  It made me think to myself, well I'd have to experience it for myself in order to believe something like that, because I don't believe it is possible.

About 2 weeks later I DID have an experience with hearing someone's exact thoughts.  So, obviously, my doubt that this kind of thing was possible is exactly what caused me to have this experience.  It was as if my disbelief was challenging my capability of belief, thus giving me an exact experience to prove it.  

It's such an interesting concept because doubt and disbelief in the first place are supposed to block perception.  However, I had also stated to myself that if I had that exact experience, then I would believe it--and that was the thing that allowed this experience into my perception.  Very cool!

Anyway, if anyone knows where this quote is, please point it out.  Sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for even when it is right in front of me.

Smiley

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Doubt
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2006 at 1:04am

I remember well what you're talking about, that Bruce said doubt can produce reality as well as belief can produce the same. must be our duality world doesn't really make a judgment whether we believe or disbelieve, it just shows us our powers to be so creative... Huh   I'll try to find the page number. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 10:12pm

Hi Vicky.  For Bruce on doubt try the Guidebook pp 40-42.  "If I experience the feeling of doubt as I'm placing intent for my affirmation, I am placing intent forboth my affirmation and my doubt to manifest." P. 41.  I think he's discussed doubt in several places but this is the one I've seen most recently.  Rob

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:01pm

thanks Rob. this one is really important. Smiley

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2006 at 11:43pm

There's a lot to learn about Doubt, that is very true. 

Specifically, though, I was curious about the concept of doubt about a belief bringing an experience into reality for the purpose of proving to you that it is real.  And I mean as in my example above...when I told myself it was not possible and I'd only believe it if it happened to me...then it did.  Anybody else experience something like that?

I know this quote I'm looking for exists somewhere...I'll just have to ask Bruce once he gets back in town.

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:46pm

I think when you had your experience and expressed your intent – your clarity and strength of intent must have outweighed the doubt (even if you weren't aware of it).  The subject reminds me of Bruce’s example of going in to buy a fancy red car believing they would turn down the loan and sure enough that’s what happens.   Bruce turns it around and uses the not getting the loan as proof that the process works – in this case being sure of not getting the loan worked – ergo if I go in thinking I will get the car I already have proof that the affirmation process works.  I wonder in your example if the possibility that the 17 year old’s friend actually did that was so intriguing and compelling that your sense of wonder and curiosity washed out the doubt part.  I also wonder if somewhere in that two weeks whether you somehow asked for guidance to open the process.  Guidance is in the next chapter after the Perceiver/Interpreter so I can hardly wait to move on to it.  Smiles - Rob

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 9:52pm

I believe you are right Rob, I'm sure my curiousity outweighed my doubt.  That tends to be how I operate I guess.   Smiley

Guidance is a favorite subject of mine.  Keep us informed of any questions or insights you have!

Let me ask you, you are using Bruce's CD's too right?  Or did you make your own?

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Rob Calkins

Denver
Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 1:52pm

Another thought on doubt.  I was re-reading Chapter 4 and Bruce has a wonderful story about the missing peanut butter (pp 57-58).  He uses the story to illustrate how belief literally impacts our physical experiences.  Instead of expressing intent that he needed the peanut butter he wondered where it was – he introduced doubt to his beliefs right when he needed the peanut butter to make his sandwich.  Thus the peanut butter wasn’t there for him even though part of him knew that he had two jars of it.  I’m glad your curiosity outweighs the doubt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.