Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help (Read 5504 times)
scoobydoo

Help
Oct 19th, 2006 at 8:08pm

Hi, I have only just registered onto this site, so I am not really sure if I am doing the right thing or not. Here is my story so far.....
My long-term partner, Tommy killed himself on January 17th this year. The acheing in my heart is as heavy as ever, though the feeling is becoming normal in a strange sort of way. My partner was a lorry driver and he was parked up for the night asleep in his lorry when a motorbike went into the back of his lorry at high speed and the motorcyclist was rushed off to hospital. He rang me with this news, and the following day I rang him every few hours to make sure he was ok. He assured me that he was. The next day he rang me to make sure that I would look after our five year old son, whilst setting up his noose (I heard a lashing sound twice, which I now know what it was). He wouldnt tell me his whereabouts. He did tell me that he was taking an overdose. He was also drunk which made me angry and I shouted that if he did anything stupid that I would never forgive him. He insisted that I said goodbye to him, but I wouldn't. Little did I know what he was doing. Cry The verdict at his inquest was that he took his own life whilst the balance of his mind was temporarily disturbed. I have never felt such shocking emotions, and my heart has been truly broken. He also asked me to forgive him during that last phonecall. When I saw him in his coffin, I immediately forgave him. To make matters worse, we has seperated 20 days before he died. I tink that the accident triggered his suicide, but the guilt I feel is almost unbearable. I love him with all my heart and I always have, we would never have gone our own way, we were too dependent on each other. I really wanted to die where he did and exactly how he did. I cant bear being here without him, though I have a child with him, and I am trapped here on this sad earth. I cant leave our son. Does anybody know if my partner will still be suffering? Will he know that I forgive him? I cant forgive myself and I never will. I hate the thought of him sacrificing his life, to be in limbo or still suffering. He didn't mean to cause me or his family such sadness and devastation. He just wanted out of whatever he was feeling. He hated to see me cry.
PLEASE HELP ME

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: Help
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 8:11am

Dear scoobydoo,
You are grieving and my heart goes out to you. Many condolences for your tragic loss.
You supported him, were a strength to him. You didn't help him die, so don't feel guilt for something you didn't do. A chemical imbalance put him out of touch with his stronger will.

You can do several things to honor him and maybe get in touch with him. We will help you too. One thing is to take care of yourself and your son; grow through love, as you will need each other now more than ever. You need to stay healthy so you will be strong enough to hear him when he attempts to contact you from the other side.

When anyone dies the first steps are the same; they are helped into the afterlife by helpers on the other side. Then there is a period of adjusting to being on the other side. Soon he may attempt to get in touch with you when your mind is calm, like when you're sleeping or not caught up in the busyness of life.

In the meantime please read around on this site about other people who are dealing with similiar losses. When you feel like it try reading the essays at the top by this site's host Bruce Moen to see how he has discovered the afterlife and how to visit it. Then let us know whether you want someone here to attempt to make contact  or if you waant to learn to find him yourself.--Or maybe by them he'll have contacted you! Please allow yourself some time to get through this difficult time.
Love, bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

scoobydoo

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 9:49am

Hi,
I have just read your message. Thank you so much for that, I really appreciate it a lot. Its a great support. I think that maybe he has already been to see me via a dream that I had. In this dream I was going along a familiar road, and I was looking into the windows and I saw his face. He was sat on the couch with other people that I didnt recognise. He neither looked nor acknowleged me in any way. When I went passed he just carried on looking ahead, he had no expression on his face at all. It was definately him. Our son has said on several occasions that he has seen his daddy. It was mostly when it initially happened. He also said something which in my mind it could only have been Tommy, as our son was not aware that his daddy was in heaven at that time.
I am really trying hard to keep strong and look after our son as Tommy would have wanted me to. Its so hard sometimes. I'm studying for a psychology degree too which is both a hinderance and slight healing. How the hell can I help others when I couldnt save my partner from the fate he chose. Having said that he only rang me for closure not to change his mind. Any idea why he told me that he was taking an overdose and then hung himself?? He probably did it so I was 'prepared' but imagine the shock when he was found. Does anybody know if he knows that I still love and really miss him. Will he know that I forgive him????

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:53am

Hello again scoobydoo,
Since I'm here again, I'll respond to your recent questions but there'll be more input later from others whose points of view can explain more fully.
Since you saw him 'through a window', it seems he was not able to see you and you were just given a glimpse just so you know he's safe. His own shock and emotional tumult that led to his death is still being eased. His state of mind is typical and is the reason that 'retrievals' are sometimes necessary and not always easy. Please give him and yourself time. Yes, I think he wanted to tell you so you wouldn't hear about it from strangers.
It's wonderful you were given the gift of seeing him; some people do not know for months etc how their loved one is doing.
Well, hopefully in your future practice of psychology, they won't start you off with suicide survivors, but when you do offer that professionally, you will have alot more experiences to share.

You can emanate/ send your love to him and we hear they feel it and appreciate it greatly. We call it PUL--pure unconditional love. Try to clear yourself of any anxieties, relax, and just remember the good times. Feedback is not immediate.
You're also fortunate that your son is at an age where he can share his contacts freely with you. I'm sure you're gently encouraging him. Your love is appreciated far beyond your direct contacts.
PUL
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Jett

Continuum Sightseer Prognosticator
of the Unknown

N.Central Florida
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 1:46pm

In life Tommy was impatient and made rash hasty choices always in a rush, you were kept in anxiety not very happy wether you accept that truth or not, the first time he attempted suicide a few years back when your child was a baby you should of left, as a future counselor/shrink you will have to tell others to do just that at the first sign leave, and push them into seeing the error of there ways. If you hold onto sympathizing him he's holding you from a better future. You can't speak bold enough to help others in the future not accepting that aspect today.  He is very sorry for his former choices, habits and ways. He regreted the kind of person he was, your words did'nt fuel his destiny his lifetime of irrational, and selfish thought patterns built upon it for years. In his last act he made you and your child a victim once more by his choices. Free yourself, and be no ones enabler ever again.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2006 at 9:06pm by Jett »  

"Common sense is like caffeine they both wake up the brain cells"
WWW ree01pensweep REE01Pensweep  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2006 at 11:28pm

Hi Scoobydoo
he hated to see you cry. That is a so very common male way of behaviour. He couldn't bear to see you cry, he couldn't stand it and therefore he developed defense methods. The ultimate defense is to leave physical life. It is a story telling how vulnerable and weak men can be- and how small the possibilities are which they see for themselves to get out of their struggle between toughness that they are supposed to show and helplessness to work on problems in relationships. Only a few hours ago, I've heard a story (a call-in of a radio station) of someone whose best friend has killed himself shortly after he divorced from his girlfriend. And, I'm male too and have experienced situations of this ultimately "now I quit, bye, I've had it"-attitude, but I managed it somehow to get enough distance between my strong emotions and me.

Now, the one who is important to talk about is you- that's why I talked about some men's attitudes above. What you told is for sure heavy and a worst case scenario of manipulating someones' emotions. But when you think it over- you two have shared a very strong feeling. Maybe you even became aware as twice as much of your feelings about him through what has happened. Now, would the consequence be to do the same like he did, say good-bye to the physical world? Or would it be more likely that you get a knowing of something you have not known before, something such deep you had not expected to exist here? Maybe you have made an experience which consequences, your thoughts, considerations, are worth to share and spread, to grow and give it to your child? How about that, that one who went through a deep emotional impact, and overcame it, can be a wise one to lead a child to it's own life?

You said the most important things: You forgave him, you love him. This is giving him the best support which is possible. You think he is a good guy basically? And his going away is just a sort of accidental weakness? You love him? Then there's no big difficulties from your side to make him not progress. If he is able to focus on you, he is able to perceive your forgiveness.

Therefore, it is such important that you stay. Listen to yourself. Does he want you to leave too? Just ask yourself this, and see what's coming to your mind. And ask yourself what YOU want. Do this more than once, take your time. You have time. Every day. Every day is a new day to ask if you really can't stand it anymore or if you can make it, and look what the next day is offering to you. We all will leave the physical one day anyway, so try to get what you can out of it and not choose the "no no I quit" way too quickly. Over there, there is no aging like here. You'll meet him soon enough.

As many have reported, you can get messages from him through dreams, or even when wide awake in short "daydreams", if you allow yourself to accept it as reality. You have made a start in this. You can try to become more active when you see him in dreams or daydreams. It sounds silly, but I know it's true, one must remind oneself to simply speak to another in dreams or similar states.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

LightR_on

Earth
Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2006 at 7:41am

Scooobydoo,

This is a very sad time for you and I really feel for you, not only do you have to deal with your own pain you need to be strong for your son.I understand the level of pain your soul is in as I has been in that place where your heart feels like it will never mend, but I want you to know , you will make it to the other side of this. It will take time for you to feel joy again but you will. I know you may think me insane but in some ways this experience will be a gift to you, for it will give you something that not many souls have the strength or courage to work through and from it you will have even greater compassion for your coming work. ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON, so stay strong and one day soon the pain will have subsided and life will once again have a purpose and you will see the meaning behind it all.

I send you love and healing energy

Love is the key

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.