Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
AK from a classical transcendence journey? (Read 2279 times)
mayagaia

AK from a classical transcendence journey?
Sep 29th, 2006 at 5:10pm

A first-person account of a spontaneous transcendent experience that matches many of the features described in Vedantic classical literature. There is also an amateur effort to interpret
the episode in terms of quantum scientific concepts involving a cosmic conscious matrix created by the entanglement of the neurophoton of our brains with proto-conscious quanta permeating infinite space.

http://geocities.com/maya-gaia/mysticalexp.html

It suggests a model which may describe how our consciousness may survive death and the possibility of reincarnation.

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Re: AK from a classical transcendence journey?
Reply #1 - Oct 1st, 2006 at 11:52am

Greetings maya-gaia,
I went there but do not understand yet how that experience establishes a model for how spirit survives. A model would have to be reproducible, I think.
I think it does 'prove' that spirit survives tho.
But then it says on that site that the writer doesn't believe in reincarnation, even tho he had that experience. If that writer (you?) would go throught the afterlife-knowledge back pages here and read the entries on I/Thou Disks, the Great Disk, etc disks, I think there's a model that holds answers relating your experiences to 'reincarnation.' They also come from valid experiences.
It's very exciting that Vedic writings and current physics can be describing these same processes/experiences (with just changes in terminology) !
Best wishes,
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

mayagaia

Re: AK from a classical transcendence journey?
Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2006 at 4:58pm

As I use the term "model" it simply means a conceptual form or hypothesis and is not necessarily reproduceable as in empirical experimental scientific evidence to support a theory. For a theory to be scientific it should be falsifiable (theoretical possible to be falsified) My model is not scientific in that sense. My thoughts on reincarnation is that I am skeptical but not unbelieving as described in my website. The concept of the Disk is interesting although I am reluctant to venture much beyond the realms accessable via quantum concepts and classical Vedic metaphysics myself- guess you'd say I've got a conservative outlook regarding noetic sprirituality. I agree that the concilience between aspects of contemporary mystical experience quantum physics, consciousness and historic after-death models like in Tibet Book of the Dead is exciting. Regards mg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.