Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Where I was at 09/11 (Read 3911 times)
spooky2

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Where I was at 09/11
Sep 11th, 2006 at 2:15pm

Where I was at 09/11

I was laying on my bed over here in Germany, half asleep, and listened to the radio with one ear. A message came, an airplane had hit the WTC. I thought of a little one-prop Piper and kept on dozing. Then another message came, "We now have received reports that a second airplane has hit the WTC. We haven't any details yet." I became wide awake. This can't be a little accident I thought, and turned on the tv. One channel had live pictures of the WTC and I saw the flames and the smoke at the upper third of the buildings. At that moment, and what seemed to be for a long time following, nobody knew what really had happened. The tv moderators only could helplessly speculate about what had happened, and about what's going on. I was paralyzed, couldn't move away from the tv and the normal everyday things were gone. There only was THAT. Those live pictures. Then there was this huge cloud of grey dust developing, and the tv moderators became silent for a moment, only stuttering repeatedly something like "That doesn't look good...". It took about ten minutes or so until I and the tv people realized, and stated, that one of the towers had gone down. Although it was to be seen, I couldn't accept it, because I still held it for impossible that this could ever happen. Then the other one went down also.
That day was like a gap between other days. It was a state of exception, a state of emergency. I hardly ate, had a sort of tremor running within my entire body. And still, ever and ever again, the phrase "This is impossible".

------------------------------------------------------------

Every year since then, at or around 09/11 the tv shows documentaries about it. I heard narratives about loss, luckily rescues, new bonds between people, remembering, love, courage, heroes and guardian angels. Yesterday on tv I've heard a woman, she lost her friend/partner, his name was Harry as far as I remember, saying that he was the most loveable and special person of the world. And then, under tears: "I will never meet a Harry again." This was such touching. She expressed with this few words such a love and such a sadness of him being gone, and the uniqueness of every person, and the uniqueness of her relationship with him.
May everyone who has lost a loved one find relief, and may this website provide a little help to ease this pain.

----------------------------------------------------------------

When I wrote the above chapter down on paper in a park, I was near to start crying. Then a woman with a little girl, maybe 3 or 4 years old, came around. The little girl was sitting on a very little bicycle, with no pedals but a low seat, so that she could have her feet on the ground, it had no additional wheels, very good for learning to balance on a bicycle I thought. The path was going downhill, and the little girl noticed it, her bicycle had no breaks, and she managed it to break with her feet, then the last part of the path she let her bike run down freely, fast for such a little girl. The woman (her mother I guess) didn't give her any advice. How cute this was.
Then, I kept on writing, and my eyes were wet of tears, another little girl came around, older, about 10 years, also on a bicycle, which was a bit too big for her, and she talked to me out of the blue, I was concerned that she would notice my wet eyes and that she would get worried then, but she didn't. She told me she would not drive down this path, because it would get much too fast. She would instead walk. And so she did.
Why I tell this? These little girls, the older one even talking  to me, a stranger, they made my day. This was so overwhelming to see these nice girls discovering happily the joy of biking, enjoying life. How beautiful.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Re: Where I was at 09/11
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 8:13pm

Wonderful, Spooky. The innocence of children.

On 9-11 I was at my desk job. I was at work before others and they came into the office after listening to the first airplane hit the first building, which they had heard about on the radio in their cars. They turned on a little tv and we were all wondering what was going on. We thought, that cannot have been an accident, from the first. We rolled a bigger tv into the center of the receptionist area where I sit. We watched and then they went back into their offices.

I saw the first tower go down, sitting by myself. Oh, my God, I said, loudly, from my heart, from the depths of my being. Everyone came back out. People began to realize that this was a very very terrible day.

I work in a university and we were instructed by the governor to carry on business as usual. Nobody did. People went and got their children and went home. Teachers went to class to console their students. We were all in shock. What, all the airplanes are grounded? What kind of world is this, I thought? What else will happen on this day? People were afraid.

I stood next to my school's dean and said, "Now we know what they feel like."  What I meant is, those who are angry with our country.  I ordered pizza and put it out on my counter. I worked all day. I watched tv endlessly for weeks.

I had panic attacks for the next 6 months. I lay down to sleep at night and my heart would begin racing for no reason. I quit drinking coffee. I mourned.

I was not a victim. But suddenly, in just one day, I knew what it felt like to be attacked in my own country. I knew what we had done to others in the world. Slowly, over time, I realized that we all do the same thing to each other, in small ways, day by day. It is all the same.

Life is precious. Destruction is futile. Love is forever.

love, blink

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2006 at 8:15pm

Aw Spooky you sound like such a softy, I love it.   Smiley

Of course today I too was remembering when I discovered what happened on 09/11.  I was sitting quietly at work that morning, being the person who opens the office for the day.  My boss came rushing in blabbering nearly incoherently.  I caught a few words like twin towers and terrorists and told him to stop kidding around.  (He wasn't a big joke-ster but he liked to have people going sometimes, so one could never be sure).  Anyway, he swore it was true, but I still didn't believe him.  So he ran out the door saying he'd be back in a minute.  He came back a few minutes later, having gone a couple blocks away to his mother's house and borrowed her TV!  He came running in with the TV and set it up in the conference room and we just sat and watched all day.  None of us could believe what was happening.  Later that day I was so sad having to explain to my kids what this was all about.

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

SunriseChaos

DARK IS THE NIGHT FOR
ALL.

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 5:27am

Hello all,
I was working that day too. I remember it was afternoon in the UK and I had gone out to get a sandwich during my break. On the way back to the office I saw a work mate and she was really upset. She told me what had happened.
I listened to her words but it did not register with me. For some reason it was unbelievable to me.
People in the office were quite worried too. We were the Worldwide Reservation Center for Marriott in London, so we worked closely with Americans everyday and made many friends through the years. Also, one of our hotels, the WTC Marriott was destroyed that day.
It's been five years and I still can't get my head around it. How could someone's son go and do something like that?.
God bless the souls of all the innocent people, that chose to pass over that day, in such a horrible way

Peace.

S.C.

I LOST MY HEART. I BURIED IT TOO DEEP UNDER THE IRON SEA. - KEANE&&------------------------------------------------------------&&LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS - JOHN LENNON

IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Reply #4 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 8:03pm

it was 2.30 am in Australia  and my hubby had just got home from night shift
he kept saying "you have got to get up and see this!"
I told him that nothing could be that important to get our of bed for, but he convinced me!
I sat up and watched the horror unfold and saw the second plane hit and the towers collapse with him.
We were just in total shock! Tohave this unfold in front of our eyes!
I emailed all my friends in the US to make sure everyone was Ok and they were thankfully.
Australia was stunned by what had happened and of course it changed our world too.
Sometimes the rest of the world seems so far away but that has certainly changed and the perceived feeling of being isolated and "safe" is now gone.
it was also my nephews 6th bithday and even he is aware that his birthday falls on an auspicious day, if for al the wrong reasons...bit sad really, i feel like his innocence has been stripped away.
Love to you all
Cathy B

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Sep 12th, 2006 at 9:28pm

it was like life sent you children in your sorrow Spooky..this is what I call synchronicity working. Wink

9/11: was driving on my way to my housekeeping job on the island of Bainbridge WA I turned on the radio and heard excited voices talking. I was starting to become more and more alarmed as I pulled into Carl and Pam's driveway. I had no thoughts at all at that time. he opened the door and said "I thought you would have taken the day off." I said, carl, are we at war? he grinned. maybe because he could tell I was in shock and was trying to get me out of it. he said come in and watch the tube with us. we 3 sat not saying a word for at least 30 minutes. I got up to go home as I wouldn't be able to work anyway in such a state of mind. Carl was into stocks. doing business with NY, the trade center had stock business there. he knew this had something to do with finances and how we are a super power that they want to bring to its knees.

I went home and next couple of days ask why questions like everybody in the entire world was doing. seemed senseless to the extreme wasting civilians, a low blow beneath the belt. not fair fighting. very sneaky to use a plane as a weapon and hit the underbelly of the enemy, where they are the softest.

anyhoo...I had to go obe for emotional relief. u get so u can't think of anything else and it drives you crazy to feel this deep sorrow and that it could get worse. I went obe and listened to a lecture. a great leader spoke to millions in a large room. have no idea who, only remember coming back the next morn, on a sunday, feeling all my sorrows had been removed and I had hope for america, that there was a reason this happened. for some reason I was happy and I then could check out the area and see if I could do some retrievals even though there were many retrievers in the area working it.

the speaker was highly evolved a great being of light. I still remember the sound of his voice, and the power in it, and the compassion. love, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

chilipepperflea

Red Hot Chili Pepper Fan!

England
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 10:34am

Hey everyone,

I remember when the planes hit also, even the visual of watching the news as it happened. I was round a mates house in the summer holidays when we heard about it. I live just down the road from him so rushed home and put on sky news. As soon as I saw it I knew it was big and that the world that very moment had just changed forever. I watched in shock while the second plane hit and then later as the towers collasped. The only thing I could think about was how many people had died, how many people have lost love ones, how many kids are now without their parents because of this. I also felt for all the people in other countrys who had been on the recieving end of our wars. Even though I live in the UK I knew nothing would be the same again.

Ryan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.