Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead. (Read 2948 times)
Number XII

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead.
Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:23am

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead
September 04, 2006 02:14pm

THE Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said.

It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

Ambulance officers confirmed they attended a reef fatality this morning at Batt Reef off Port Douglas.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Re: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin dead.
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 9:37am

Yo! Farewell Crocodile Hunter may you have the greatest of joy checking out the reptiles and creatures where you are.  You have left a legacy behind you and thanks to you i understand that crocodiles do have a nasty bite.  I loved your energy and your love for the animals will never be forgotten.

&&

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 10:14am

Sad greetings,
I wonder if he needs a retrieval----
he seems like a guy
who'd not believe
it could happen like that,
being almost invincible and all.  Huh
It takes a powerful death to 'kill' a powerful spirit.
He was a delightful person and he will be missed.
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:38pm

Close friend explains the circumstances of Steve's death
Monday, 4 September  2006

John Stainton, good friend and producer of Steve Irwin's Film Company, Best Picture, held a press conference earlier today outlining the circumstances of Steve's untimely death and the events that surrounded it.

A very emotional Mr. Stainton said that he had lost a very dear and close friend.

"Today the world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest Dad's on the planet. He died doing what he loved best, he left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind, he would've said 'crocs rule'," he said.

Steve Irwin and his team had been filming a new documentary, titled Ocean's Deadliest, at Batt Reef off the coast of the resort town of Port Douglas, when the accident occurred.

"Steve decided to shoot a couple of segments for a new TV show that he's doing with his daughter Bindi and, with the cameramen, went out on to the reef at Batt Reef to do a little segment on stingrays. He came over the top of the stingray... and the stingray's barb went up and went into his chest and put a hole into his heart."

Mr. Stainton said the team responded quickly to get Steve back to his research vessel Croc 1 and then on to Low Isles where they were to meet an emergency rescue team.

"We were doing constant CPR trying to resuscitate him... when we got there it was probably ten to twelve and by twelve o'clock when the emergency crew arrived they pronounced him dead."

Mr. Stainton said that his personal and professional relationship with Steve had been one of many years.

"He was one of my best, closest friends, we've been together for 20 years, we've been shooting documentaries for fifteen years, I've never known a more professional man in my life and a more passionate person on wildlife and conservation issues."

Mr. Stainton believes that the poor weather experienced in the far north may have been, in part, the cause of Steve Irwin's death.

"One problem Steve had was that he couldn't sit still for five seconds and because the weather was bad today and for the last couple of days, he'd been like a caged lion because he hadn't really been able to do anything too much and he said 'look I might just go off and shoot some segments'... anything that would keep him moving and his adrenaline going and that's what happened... and the next thing I heard on the radio was that there was a medical emergency and the little dinghy was bringing him back with the crew... everyone tried absolutely tirelessly to revive him, to keep him alive."

I was so saddened to hear this today. I feel that he went straight to the Light. It will be the world's grief that will hold him back. I will check on him at the proper time. It's too soon now.

With Love and Sadness, Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 11:06pm

i tried Monday night our time
we heard the news Monday afternoon at about 3.00pm
about 9 hours afte he passed over, and he seemed concerned about his family but he did go off with his Mother. anyway that was my interpretation, then I heard that the new animal hospital at the zoo was named in memory of his Mother, so maybe that was right.
actually we already booked our flights and had pans to go to the australia Zoo and will still go, but will seem strange for Steve not to be there.
love to all
Cathy B

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.