Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
keeping healthy (Read 2548 times)
Cathy_B

Afterlife Knowledge Member

South Australia
keeping healthy
Sep 3rd, 2006 at 5:05am

Hi aall
I have just had a brush with very high Blood Pressure and realise that there is somthing I am not looking at in my life, or not attending to
If anyone has any ideas could you please help me with this.
I know I need to slow down and I am aware that I have been given " a boot up the butt"
My only regret is that I am unable to attend a conference on the weekend Cry
I will only be working 3 days a week now.
Any ideas please feel free to offer any ideas
many thanks and love to all
Cathy B

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Number XII

Re: keeping healthy
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 1:23pm

Explain your diet, in detail, including times of meals snacks drinks throughout the day.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 1:48pm

Hi Cathy,
I'm sorry to hear about your 'wake-up call,' but glad you caught it before it got any worse.
Have you done any quiet meditating in the past? Good time to start!
Indiglo sounds ready to give you some diet tips. Believe me, diet will make a world of difference. 
One good thing about cutting back on work is that now you have time to do 'nothing,' or to maybe take up hatha yoga. 
My blood pressure has also increased, seemingly as I'm getting rid of some of the blockages/ trauma memories in my system. I can't give in to emotional outbursts or do heavy or jerky jobs.

It sounds like you've been told to slow down too.  It takes some getting used to, but time for reading and grooming the dog can be pleasant.

PUL,
bets

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 7:23pm

Hi Cathy I always have plenty of fresh fruit and fresh vegatables in my diet.
I  am on heart tablets,cholesteral tablets,blood thinning tablets and thyroid tablets,but i keep myself healthy eating fresh friut and vegatables.I never used to,everything i ate came out of a tin,so I changed my eating habits,and i feel good inside now,

Love and god bless you Juditha.

IP Logged

Cathy_B

South Australia
Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2006 at 11:01pm

Hi all
sorry I haven't been around, but thanks for your support.
We have had a rather distressing week in my family and I have had to spend time with my sisters and keeping my parents who are holidaying in the UK posted.
Your prayers for my Brother would be appreciated if you have time as he is not well. My parents are gutted at being so far away when he tried to take his own life. He is still pretty distressed.
My BP has gone down on meds and yes I eat healthy. I eat lots of fresh fruit veg and processed food is out, no margarine, soy and only real butter or virging olive oil.
We only eat unprocessed meat. don't eat snacks just 3 meals.
However I am having problems with my heart and eyes at the moment, although I expect these will sttle down even if the damage can'tbe repaired, i hve lost 4 kilos so I am happy, just need to get back nto exercising again, but still feeling a little weak at themoment.
Will keep you posted
thankyou everyone
love Cathy Kiss

Hold fast to dreams&&For if dreams die&&Life is a broken-winged bird&&That cannot fly. &&&&Langston Hughes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.