Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pg 104 Guidebook (Read 14661 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Pg 104 Guidebook
Aug 31st, 2006 at 11:50pm

Page 104 of Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook: hey, this is cool. quoting Bruce here:

"..developing the ability to extend the lucid dream state is probably about learning to shift one's perspective to within the nonphysical body they are using

more: pg 106 "Ideally a technique for afterlife explorations should not require losing consciousness ie falling asleep before the technique can be used (side note: I am one who falls asleep and explores that way, but the gain is only maybe one experience a month to add to my repetoire of tidbits of afterlife exploration)

ok, moving right along to focused attention versus obe state: Bruce says all of us have nonphysical senses as well as the usual 5 physical senses we utillize in C1.

me talking: focused attention is interesting, this might even be connected to Monroe's phasing idea. I notice sometimes I get in a slowed down state when reading someone's post. I'm noticing an interplay between interpretation and perception and I'm making decisions what my response is or whether to have no response. I'm focusing with the intention to concentrate on what the post is really saying about that person, and about the rest of us, which includes me. this is just an example; we do this all the time, everywhere, but I'm trying to understand nonphysical senses in conjunction with altered states of consciousness and trying to follow the suggestion in the book to KISS; keep it simple silly! ha ha! no mumbo jumbo...you all have enough mumbo jumbo to keep you busy out there?  here, have some of mine Grin

next we will go to chapter 24 "Imagination as Means of Perception"

ok, comments welcome, opinions tolerated, and sharing appreciated. this is getting way good..sorry I didn't read Bruce's 5th book sooner but I have some marvelous excuses.

hugs, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: Pg 104 Guidebook
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 4:29am

Back to focused attention: what is that? I would hazard a guess is pure concentration. to the exclusion of extraneous thought or effluvia thoughts. would it be to be patiently waiting? or would it be like Bruce's little finger bending exercise?

I remember a fine dream I had.  I learned something here. if we study obes and projections we can learn how the mind works in both physical and nonphysical states of being.  I had lost my sweet old dog to age and she had just wandered away and forgot to come home and I blamed myself that the wind had blown open a door. partly we see the reason for projection as being a guilt feeling thrusting me out of body to find my dog. partly my heart was breaking. a heart that is hurting is another good reason to be projecting.
I had set an intention. and a good question is: is focused attention the same as setting an intention?  so in this example you have the heart and the intention to discover something.
to discover where is my Tutti? I must bring her home. frankly, it still hurts but I did discover she is not hurting. it is me that suffers. this was a very short projection with some images. I was more like pure awareness but form of energy had some definition and distance was observed because I remember looking down towards the floor and seeing Tutti and feeling it was her, the joy of finding her. something seemed to say she was fine. fit as a fiddle. I could leave her there if I wanted and she would be taken care of. but I wasn't satisfied. I needed a closer look into her eyes. this is where I noticed I had a new ability to focus. this is why I am thinking of focused attention. as I hovered above Tutti I had an intention to move in closer to her face. a sudden gust of wind I became, like the wind. I called this a camera action of the mind to zoom in before and thats what it felt like. I liked the feeling I felt of being able to zoom in so fast without bending my knees, as indeed I was still aware that this was my mind and I had no feet and so it had to be mind projecting as I was entirely a fluid being; this is a freedom feeling.  I saw the color of the deep amber of her eyes. she reflected to me what she saw in my eyes. she saw that I felt guilt and showed it back to me like she was a mirror in those deep pools of eyes. I was taken aback momentarily and knew I must rid myself, and her, of guilt.
then she told me we were one. my thoughts and feelings inside her. then she smiled.

when we have animals, we act to raise their consciousness as well they help us to learn how to love and give ourselves freely to them. I never found Tutti physically although I made efforts for many days. yet I met her several times in astral, each time revealing that she was safe and I could forgive myself and she was glad for the life she had lived with me. ...

IP Logged

jkeyes

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Tucson,Az
Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 3:42pm

Hey Guys,

The game is afoot again. So finally after installing anti-everything for, it seems the second time this year, and throwing more money at my pc, I’m back.  I picked this thread because of the focusing issue and of course Alysia’s high credibility with me, and went to get my Guidebook out and had a quick thought, “Wouldn’t it be funny if it opened to page 104?.”  Of course it did because of the “fun” things our guides do for us just for a laugh and because back in April, before the coma, I was going to respond to dream thread and had inserted samples of the hardcopy between pages 104 and 105.  Little did I realize then that I would be facing the actual experience of having to apply, in waking life, the focused attention exercise.  To backtrack, when in the coma in May, I had the good sense to request a message (Thanks to Bruce and Monroe’s training) as soon as I realized that I had to leave the “dream” of working with my soul group.  The message was, “What you FOCUS on is your REALITY”.  This was pretty heavy for me to ponder and while out on a 3-month short-term disability leave, I had the time to do so at my leisure.  Now I’m back working a 5 day week and attempting to keep my reality mellow, but it ain’t happen’. 

You see, what I’m trying to accomplish is the ability to keep a perspective which enables me, my personality, to not get so caught up in the drama or my emotions that I forget that the only thing that really counts is the law of love which surrounds me and I’m actually witnessing being exchanged between my co-workers, clients, family, and friends in huge amounts in real time.  So many little things are happening in C1 which prove this to me as long as I can ride out the hassling from the system (management) and my own boredom/impatience, which by the way has increased now that I no longer smoke.  My focused reality seems mainly to consist of the emotion of fear at being yelled at, fired, or misunderstood for not following orders and/or blowing my cool, compromising my values of the right thing to do, or generally losing my focus that those in power are not necessarily doing the right thing by the client due to there own unresolved power issues and my lack of confidence in sticking to realizing that I am only here to work through my own challenges including old/current misuse of power issues etc.

Now the thing that is keeping me more or less in a state of altered consciousness during this time and aiding in a broader perspective has been a funny old book that I came across the second week in August.  It was written before WWII by Janet Melanie Ailsa Mills called The Wheel of Rebirth, and more recently published by the Theosophical Society  (Quest, 1976).  And believe me, since going back to work full time on the 14th with the pressure to do the impossible increasing daily tasks, losing my precious cat, Spirit, and losing my access to this site, (my sanity and link to my sons and brothers) last weekend, I really needed something to keep me on track. 

What impresses me about this book is how current it is as it repeats many things as if taken from ACIM and all types of our current thinking regarding reincarnation, ways of accessing altered consciousness etc. and relates it in a series of lives of one man or everyman from Atlantis up through early twentieth century England.  The author, who wrote 40 years after experiencing the overview of lives with the help of a teacher/guide, brings out not only a purpose in gaining such a perspective but also many foods for thought on why we have such difficulty in achieving the ability to learn from our mistakes.  We are also reminded, through the eight lives reported which are relevant to all our most challenging issues, that it is all about learning to gain balance with our emotions and that it is through internalizing the law of love, the most difficult thing for all of us to conquer, we are able to get off the cycle more quickly.

Getting back to Chapter 22 that includes page 104, reviews exploration techniques dreams, lucid dreaming, meditation and lucid dreaming, and OBE’s and using PE for verification.  It also explores the pros and cons of each so that we can use them to our benefit with minimal distortions.  Very helpful in learning to be aware of the shift between inner and outer consciousness and learning to trust in our experiences.  I also think that the more obvious Cl thing like reading the posts on this site, which we all have access to and giving feedback are equally as important to link the techniques to our everyday happenings.  Like when Alysia mentioned the visit with Tutti via a “dream” and tells of actually feeling the complete experience of being with her via the heart and love.  Our love, Spirit went rather quickly and stopped eating for about 10 days but just before this fast, the strangest thing happened.  He peacefully came up to within 6” of my face, his glowing amber eyes as big as saucers, and stared at me for at least a full minute.  This was not normal behavior for this shy cat and I sense that something special was going on. I also feel prompted to mention that he seemed to have developed a massive cancerous growth in his intestines to the point where the vet reported that he had only a week and a 1/2 to live.within 24 hours of my 2 month bacterial infection going away.

Anyhow, he stopped eating and from then on his eyes stayed only half open.  He slept a lot and would sit by me when I was reading but a few days before he left, he no longer jumped up on my chair or the bed, although we did lift him to be with us at times. It’s hard to explain how peaceful this whole experience was, none of the guilt like I had with Sandy.  I kept repeating how grateful I was for having such a super cat for eighteen years who even visited me at the hospital during my coma, one time during a lucid dream, one time as a delusion, and two times where he even brought a lioness with him, as they stayed posted in front of me during one double dream episode.  The comfort he gave me is beyond words. Before Spirit I had less of a love connection with animals but that has all since changed.      

Meanwhile, my Mac was in charge of helping Spirit and “Death is just an open door…” include on the “Just Questions?” was extremely appropriate for our situation as well as anyone else who has “lost” a love through “death”.  I’ve placed this poem in an album with our favorite picture of Spirit and since I don’t believe in accidents, I thank Cathy_B for being the vehicle for bringing this gift.  Although I have not met him in a lucid dream, as I did my dog Sandy shortly after she left, I told my brother and a woman at work about Spirit the following Monday. They both stated that they had dreamt he would die on Saturday. 

I still wonder what is to happen next since Spirit’s leaving indicated to me that change is in the wind again.  Meanwhile, I’ll continue to listen and pay heed to whatever comes my way or what happens when I place my intent on benefiting from my dreams.  Reminds me of a dream I had the other morning where I woke up at a beach having an intense recognition/eye hand motion contact with my best sister/friend from back east that concerned me enough to call her that night.  Nothing seemed amiss but I still wonder if that could be another happening in her life of mine. 

Hindsight’s great when we learn something new about ourselves and our experiences but nothing bets the ability to be aware, request information or clarification, and maintain an overall perspective while in the midst of an experience whether it’s in C1 or any of the other focus levels.  All things mentioned in the Bruce’s guidebook help us to do this and I’ve had enough incidents whether dreaming, meditating, or even in a coma where these suggestions, tips, and tools have been darn handy and, as I use them, I increasingly trust them.

I do ramble on Exclaim, thanks for the thread dear friend. Love, Jean Kiss

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 9:46pm

glad the ol computer is humming along again Jean..wonder what we ever did before the internet? Shocked   thats funny about flipping open to page 104 as I more or less began reading in the middle of this guidebook then started posting stuff according to my perceptions but we've always been on the same page..a few of us here do resonate good like piano chords vibrating into space our thoughts. Smiley  this is how u make me feel btw ...  as I rarely use the bouncer anymore you have been bestowed with him to recieve my undying sense of celebration on the horizon. your message received is truly my message at this stage of my life leastwise. "what you focus on creates your reality." I am seeing this everywhere, every book, every guru, every secret highway of the heart takes me into this message. that is a near certainty and I chose to believe your coma took you to where your group is, where you wll always belong.

when things get sad looking, just tell yourself it can't get any worse. somehow this helps me get optimistic again! love, alysia

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2006 at 11:22pm

Alysia,

I can't use the old "Can't get any worse" thing because that's what my mom always said and it did! (get worse and worse and worse...till she finally stopped saying it, thank God) Anyhoo, I've come to take it for granted that we do indeed resonate with each other which makes me feel pretty good since neither of us seems to be a negative entity at this point in our development  Smiley Thanks for the energy of the bouncer, it makes me chuckle and the tears  Cry come as frequently as the chuckles  Cheesy and the cursing  Angry. I guess that's balance, Jean style.

Love, Jean  Kiss

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #5 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:03am

you mentioned the tears and the laughter Jean and it made me think of a song I wanna do soon as I work out the chords..I'm starting to do it here in my imagination, can u hear me? Cheesy

Kind friends all gathered 'round, there's something I would say:
That what brings us together here has blessed us all today.
Love has made a circle that holds us all inside;
Where strangers are as family, loneliness can't hide.

You must give yourself to love if love is what you're after;
Open up your hearts to the tears and laughter,
And give yourself to love, give yourself to love.

I've walked these mountains in the rain and learned to love the wind;
I've been up before the sunrise to watch the day begin.
I always knew I'd find you, though I never did know how;
Like sunshine on a cloudy day, you stand before me now.

So give yourself to love if love is what you're after;

Love is born in fire; it's planted like a seed.
Love can't give you everything, but it gives you what you need.
And love comes when you're ready, love comes when you're afraid;
It'll be your greatest teacher, the best friend you have made.

So give yourself to if love is what you're after;
_____

Rick got a message from his guide, it was "submit to authority, present yourself to love."

I really am going thru something like that lately. I think there's a special place in the heavens for social workers. my guides told me I was a spiritual social worker when I'm not busy recycling something... Cheesy
I guess I could elaborate on the worst scenario concept..murphy's law which you don't need to buy; first you imagine the most worst thing that could happen..then you put yourself in that..fearlessly if possible Undecided  then you see yourself making choices there, then you see yourself accepting the circumstance. then if it really happens, the worst possible thing, you have already made your choices how to react and are prepared because you figured out that you have eternity to get everything done that you could wish for; and that person over there who thinks you can fix their problem? they have eternity also but they don't know it.

need to read some more of the guidebook tonight, its starting to rock! lol.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #6 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:22am

Love your song Alysia. Wink

Love, Mairlyn

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 1:19pm

oh its not my words..some other part of humanity wrote it but since we are all one I'm sure they don't mind if I sing it and get my own chords..love, alysia

IP Logged

jkeyes

Tucson,Az
Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 5:04pm

Dear Alysia,

Love the song, would change one word-try 'cause instead of if.  It's a bit more radical but IMO it seems to feel right. But then my taste seems to run to the radical anyhow, come off a bit too pushy at times.

Sure did like the social worker story on the other thread-made me want to strive to be that kind.  Friday I was able to come close when those in authority wanted me to court order my client. COT as it's called and is used when a mentally ill individual is used to being told what to do most of his/her life and doesn't work well with the free will concept especially in areas of self care, staying out of jail, or the hospital. COT works in these special cases but is also sometimes misused when done to show power over someone like I suspect it was in the case of my client.

Anyhow an appointment was made for me and my client to meet early friday morning where I was to start setting him up (yea-like as in Set UP)to give up his home, lifestyle, etc. in favor of going into an adult care situation.  None of the individuals who were pushing for COT were available (see there are angels, guides, a God,...) and we were able to form a plan, supported by his sister, who dearly loves him, that would address the authorities main concerns. Remember: submit yourself to authority, present yourself to love.   

You see, my client was not really aware that his rights could be taken away under the guise of concern for his health.  But once he learned this, he became a willing participant in his own future and was eager to do a treatment plan that would insure that he would stay involved with others, which he really wants, and to continue to keep his privacy.  We pulled it off!  Now we have to be confident enough for the authorities to not push the COT thing as a power play.  We'll know the final outcome on Wednesday. Meanwhile the love part is still going strong.

Now getting back to the song. Verses are complete as they speak to the part of me seeking to appreciate this C1 experience.  I just need to continue to remember that the law of love has the power to enable me to gain perspective on the whole tapestry of being.

Boy, I'm in a tawlky mood today.

Love and hugs, Jean Kiss

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #9 - Sep 4th, 2006 at 10:51pm

that was heartwarming story and thanks Jean. we just don't get enough success love stories or maybe I just need to focus more on that. I always believed what you give out comes back to you, so I see u this way, always looking out for someone and so someone will look out for you too. love, alysia

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 11:07am

My page 104 is all about Heart Intelligence.  And nothing about what you've been discussing. Strange. Shocked

Love, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 4:44pm

in my book the heart intelligence chapter starts on pg 69. I must have the first edition. I recall Bruce self published to speed up the process..then you must have the 2nd printing with the pages different. I'll stop saying the page numbers to avoid this confusion.

lol, Mair! I know you and I are on the same page whereever I find you!

love, alysia

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 6:19pm

VERY TRUE ALYSIA. Wink

Love ya, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 10:44pm

LaffingRain wrote on Sep 5th, 2006 at 4:44pm:
in my book the heart intelligence chapter starts on pg 69. I must have the first edition. I recall Bruce self published to speed up the process..then you must have the 2nd printing with the pages different. I'll stop saying the page numbers to avoid this confusion.

lol, Mair! I know you and I are on the same page whereever I find you!

love, alysia

Mine too..page 69 Heart Intelligence..wonder how much difference from the first edition to the second? What was add up etc??
I remember when Bruce self published tho speed up the process, that's when i bought it, and sign it too..Smiley

love ya, Romain

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 11:03pm

hi Romain! ...

I'll bet the first edition was larger to save the cost of page by page print cost..finding out they charge by the page most times. anyhoo, sure its the same book.

I remember seeing Bruce working on the book in the astral..he was juggling like crazy! lol! each hand was doing something else! now that I'm writing too, I see what all the work was about. I had gone obe to ask him something and he was so busy, but he threw me a wonderful rote. so thanks Bruce!  the rote he threw became a whole chapter in my book. always wondered where he got that rote Huh didn't stop to ask..just flew out the door with it!  I've this feeling we are magical mystical beings out there. nice to see you here Romain. love, alysia

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.