Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seeing It Not There and Black Stuff--P. 193 (Read 6217 times)
Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Colorado
Seeing It Not There and Black Stuff--P. 193
Aug 13th, 2006 at 11:02pm

Mairlyn's thread about seeing it not there on the Voyages Into The Unknown Forum got me to thinking about this subject, and I looked it up in the Guidebook.  I have the larger version of the Guidebook and I assume the pages number differently from the other version?  It is Chapter 38.

He writes, "According to Rebecca trying to force the Black Stuff to disappear automatically carries the belief or expectation that it can resist or act in some way to prevent you from succeeding.  Since nonphysical reality is a place where thoughts can be subconsciously projected to become things, the expectation of resistance can cause that resistance and foil attempts to remove the Black Stuff.  The harder you feel you have to try to force it to disappear, the more your action implies and creates stronger resistance to your efforts.  Seeing It Not There is a different approach that sidsteps implied resistance".

I'm intrigued by this explanation.  It's complex yet it is very simple to understand.  It sounds very sophisticated and that's why I like it.  

It's saying that trying to make something disappear implies that you acknowledge it's existence and thus would have to empower your intentions against its existence.  But Seeing It Not There means to deny its existence by not even acknowledging it.  Kind of like ignoring it, and by doing so you take away its power.  

It reminds me of a little kid having a tantrum.  If you acknowledge that behavior you give it power.  If you ignore it as if it doesn't even exist, you take away its power.  

Author of Persephone's Journey (Amazon.com)

http://www.vickyshort.blogspot.com/
WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Re: Seeing It Not There and Black Stuff--P. 193
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2006 at 2:52pm

Vicky, I didn't know there was a larger version of this book. Do you mean bigger print or is there more in it?  My page 38 doesn't talk about the black stuff.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

spooky2

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2006 at 8:32pm

Hi Vicky, thanks for pointing out the difference of trying to make something disappear and seeing it not there. I also find this very convincing, that the more power one spends to push something away the more one feeds the belief that it's indeed very heavy.
It's a principle with many applications in everyday's life.

Spooky

"I'm going where the pavement turns to sand"&&Neil Young, "Thrasher"

IP Logged

blink
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 2:12pm

Well, I am just going to have to get this whole idea of "seeing it not there" deep down in my subconscious brain...

I had a dream the other night in which a woman was spraying cleaning fluid in my face. She seemed to be doing it just for the heck of it and I got so annoyed that I said loudly, I'm DONE with you!!! and then I seemed to have turned HER into a HAIRBRUSH and thrown her into a LAKE!

That seems like pure desperation....I could have just seen the cleaning spray NOT THERE, dontcha think?????!!!!!

It seemed kind of funny when I woke up....but now I'm wondering if I should go retrieve her....

love, blink Smiley

IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 12:40am

Mairlyn, when I first met Bruce he let me borrow his guidebook and CD's, and the guidebook was about the size of 10-3/4 in. by almost 8-1/2 inches.  When I saw him the next time and I bought it all from him, he mentioned the smaller version of the book, and I think it's about the size of his other books.  He said his editors edited out some stuff, not much, and in fact Bruce said he couldn't tell what had been taken out.  So I'm not sure how much difference there really is, but I wanted to keep the larger version he had initially given me.  Maybe there isn't much difference at all, but since I was quoting and giving a page number, I didn't want to confuse anyone.

Spooky, yes, I've been trying to come up with ways to use it for other applications.  Today I thought of it as a use to make pain go away.

Blink, that's very funny...what a dream!  If I were you, I wouldn't even bother trying to interpret that one!
Smiley

Love, Vicky

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 3:20am

Vicky, thanks for the explanation of the size of the book.

Quote:
Spooky, yes, I've been trying to come up with ways to use it for other applications.  Today I thought of it as a use to make pain go away.

You know something Vicky, I've never thought of using it in C1. I have a lot of pain in my back from an injury from my husband years ago.  I'm going to use this with the pain and also think of other ways to use this very wonderful tool.  Thanks for getting me to thinking. Wink

Much Love, Mairlyn Wink

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Vicky
YaBB Administrator

Colorado
Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 8:28pm

If we put our heads together, maybe we will come up with some other good uses.  This could get very interesting!

It has reminded me of when I was a kid and what I did to make pain go away.  I used to suffer from severe stomach pain at bedtime when I was very young starting at about 4 or 5.  So I somehow made up a way to make it go away.  I guess even as a kid I was already using my imagination and visualization techniques!  What I did was, I would imagine that a small space ship would come in my room and hover over me.  Then a tube would emerge from the underside of the ship and like a vacuum it would suck away the painful parts of my abdomen.  As I envisioned all this, I imagined that actual chunks of my body were being removed.  Then when all the bad parts were gone, another tube would emerge that would start replacing the parts it had removed, but these parts were perfect and pain free.  I used that visualization technique for many years, and got so good at it I could easily see the whole thing in my mind.  I never knew at the time how I even came up with that, and also never knew what good practice it would be for using my imagination. 

Even at that age, I knew that just concentrating on making the pain go away only made me think of the pain even more--but by using the space ship to make it so I had a body with no pain, that made more sense to me and the pain went away every time.  That's just like the idea of "seeing it not there".  So that's why I thought of using seeing it not there to make pain go away. 

I'm kinda too old to use the space ship anymore.   Wink

WWW 198267046870499  
IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 2:57pm

Vicky, you're never too old to visualize space ships as taking away our pain. In fact, I just may use that. Thanks. Wink

Love, Mairlyn

Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.