Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The art of Retrieval chapter (Read 4926 times)
LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
The art of Retrieval chapter
Jul 2nd, 2006 at 1:45am

ah, finally. found my wandering books in my daughter's boyfriends house storage.
so just opened it randomly and fell open the words The Art of Retrieval. now, one time I thought it should be called the art of retrieval instead of just retrievals. you know how I play with words when you write. is it really an art? what is art? I think it is an art and the word lends respectfulness to the act. I think art can be like character building. as a painter what are you expressing? yourself in the colors you splash on the canvas of life.
Bruce is so clear the way he writes. anyone can understand his style. anyone not knowing what retrievals are gets a very clear picture at once with just a few paragraphs. I have to make sure when I write I am this clear also, so thanks Bruce and I continue to get good ideas from the book.
hugs, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Re: The art of Retrieval chapter
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 12:54am

Read a bit about on the same chapter "How to Do Retrievals" will give newbies a little rundown. There 25 points to consider in Bruce's books how to do retrievals. first I noticed a thing he calls DRB and EGB. this stands for the first steps. DRB means deep relaxing breath and EGB stands for energy gathering breaths.

I can vouch for what he's saying. you must be totally relaxed but not necessary to fall asleep...thats a bit too relaxed! lol...it happens. Lips Sealed  and the energy gathering has to do with using the imagination also..I can vouch for this works. I tried it and it works. happy reading! Wink

IP Logged

betson

Afterlife Knowledge Member

SE USA
Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 10:04am

I too like that it's the ' Art  of Retrievals.'
Art flows smoothly during the act of creating it.
Techniques are involved but they become so natural that they are just extensions of the artist's intent. To call it 'Techniques of Retrievals" might get us going "step one: Uh....; step two:...Uh " and the process would be so broken up that it wouldn't lead to anything.
And art is created in almost (or actually) an altered state, which happens also as you move into a retrieval. I don't know if Bruce has ever been involved in art but he certainly knew what he meant when he used the term here!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2006 at 11:51am

good morning Bets, glad someone joined me here Smiley  just had to run inside and write something else down after more reading. when I read this book I get sucked into the words like a tunnel and bells go off..aha moments cause I've done retrievals and discovered Bruce knows what he's talking about, although I write differently about them, supposed to be that way. so I'm reading what he says (hi Bruce Smiley ) about the 25 steps this morning and heres another perfect thought about them: first I read the love part. after the deep breathing and the energy gathering, the next step is to remember a time when you felt love and recall that to mind. a very important step as feeling love increases awareness. ok, next step to utilize the imagination as an aide to perceiving more with the nonphysical senses. hope I said that right. just had an aha moment about how the imagination can open perception. perception is not something you would call the absolute end to full truthful knowing, but its what we work with when exploring the afterlife. my words, might be Bruce's words, that imagination is a door..just a door...you enter doors to see whats in the room; all kinds of furniture is in the room to notice once you let yourself enter in. gotta go reread that part to see if I read something into it thats not there. its important when you're reading someone if you're reading them correctly or reading something else into what they said.

I'm being very careful these days to try not to misinterpret according to how I want to view the world and I just found out how little we retain of what we read.

talk soon, yes, art, clearly art must flow, my idea and not get bunched up with judgments, negativity, and something other than undistorted by mental constructs love.

hi, editing here in my study of this book. I reread it and I'm pretty much right on in my understanding, but decided since I write about retrievals in my book too and I learned pretty much everything I know from Bruce and Monroe and right here, that I use a comparison to what Bruce says to the way I see it. we're in agreement so thats cool.

heres step five in the art of retrievals in the book Afterlife Knowledge Guidebook:
Priming the pump. he's talking about the imagination is the pump. Step 4 mentions an  important factor: quote: "if at any point during the retrieval you feel like you do not clearly perceive whats going on it should be your cue to once more remember the feeling of love.

Step 5: priming the pump exercise: my words; say for example you're doing a retrieval and you hear self talk like this: I can't see, hear or percieve a single thing the author perceives...Bruce says PRETEND THAT YOU ARE!
this is what I did myself. I pretended...and I've got an example below to illustrate how it worked for me. Bruce goes on to say how difficult it can be to just allow yourself to pretend but to remember at that point that you are starting the process from fantasy, to grey area, to verifiably real information. and that pretending is a key to explore beyond physical reality.
next step is to study the finger bending exercise. oh boy. what have I got myself into? Huh   this is kind of fun actually.

oh, one time (the example from my stash of experiences) I was using my imagination. I was thinking this way: what if I met up with a rapist in the street? could I handle the situation well or not? would I become victim? was I a strong person who did not create such circumstance? so on and on, my mind was going, how I might punch him, etc. how I might use my mouth..and my energy, I was going wild in the imagination. this produced a genuine retrieval scenario experience one night. finally had my answer how exactly I'd react so I didn't fear anymore the possibility that this could happen to me.
I never figured out if guides had set the whole scene up for me as I could clearly see guides and stage directors on the sidelines before I jumped into a lady's body to retrieve this guy away from his rapist tendencies and hopefully a better place. we even shook hands before entering the drama; then I totally forgot I was doing a retrieval until it was done. the point is the pretending I did in C1 produced an experience of genuine significance to inform me of my power and ability to retrieve others as well that I had graduated to never having to worry about being a victim to this crime.

so learn how to pretend folks..theres even a song goes like that.

hugs, alysia
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2006 at 1:05pm by LaffingRain »  

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 3:34pm

Today, reading further on the above chapter, I read how many times Bruces mentions to allow yourself the creativity of pretending. this appears to be to me what children do. therefore have we as adults lost the ability to pretend?
you may ask what is the use in pretending? let me quote from this book some outstanding verbiage from step 23 thru 25 of the Art of Retrieval: "one of the important goals of learning the Art of Retrieval is to use the basic premise to PROVE to yourself our afterlife is real. Pretending is a key factor in accomplishment of that goal.
(my addition follows Kiss notice the talk above does not ask others to prove something to you, and when they can't prove their experience is real, concluding they are flakey new agers; you do retrievals and prove it only to yourself our afterlife is real; you don't go to a lab and take measurements of the afterlife knowledge.)

continuing quote from step 24: Know that even workshop participants who have almost all of the information they gathered verified as real report that it felt like they were pretending and fabricating the entire experience as it happened. it can feel like you are making it all up even when you're not, that's just part of the nature of learning how to explore the afterlife.
25. After the exercise (refer to the book) as time and opportunity permit, look for ways to verify and validate any of the information you gathered during the exercise. With that you're ready for your first retrieval exercise.

my input: back in 2001 or 02, I did about 2 retrievals a week by pretending; always hoping it would soon be verified or seem more real. i didn't do retrievals to prove to myself the afterlife was real. I already knew that since about 1965. I just wanted to see if I had it in me to assist life. it didn't become more than just imagination until after doing the EGE (energy gathering exercise) where a guide said, ok you're ready enough, c'mon, where do you want to go? I said a retrieval please, and this time make it real to me? she said no sweat Sherlock. (not exactly those words) my imagination had paid off in gold coins. as for the verification, as I said, I already had proof of the afterlife...I got my answer that I could be assisting life this way and that retrievals could be a very lucid and conscious activity and the question of making it up or not would not even be a question while you were doing it and not even after returning back to C1 dimension. the verification was getting the name of the state where Cami lived and died; also got she had been a student in a town in South Dakota. looked at a map later and found the town. I had mispelled it by one letter but I would mispell it in C1 area the same. I mispell things all the time. this would not cause me any doubts as my degree of lucidity out there was intense. another verification was meeting guides during this retrieval. 3 men who looked like anybody on the street. they congratulated me on the retrieval, said they had been trying to wake her up for awhile and she was sunk in her depression too deep. you would be sunk in the pitts too if you'd gotten killed. the fact that I could converse, remember words in a logical manner with these guides set the experience apart from dream scenario where events seem disconnected by symbols and shifting locale therefore the code must be deciphered.

remembering the PUL Bruce talks about: this is part of the early steps of retrievals; remembering a time when you felt love. anytime at all in your life. is important as love expands the awareness into these areas. Love, an unconditional type, was all over the above retrieval, and it caused Cami to notice me. I had become a huge affectionate dog and it woke her up. you can take any form you wish in retrivals to gain the attention of the retrievee. Once you get their attention, you can converse with them from there. Cami put her hand on my head and patted me. Thats how I ascertained later, I must look like dog love to her; and the way I pounced on her was the way a dog would. (ok, I was a little awkward in my approach, but it worked!)

what this retrieval felt like, was a reward or even an initiation in a way, for consistently having the intention to assist life by utilizing my imagination twice a week for awhile.
I'm a little excited to read Bruce's latest book finally. I was so busy writing down my experiences through out life, I hadn't read his. I love the simplicity of the steps.

hugs, alysia

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.