Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Deletion of Spitfire's thread (Read 13100 times)
DocM

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Deletion of Spitfire's thread
May 14th, 2006 at 7:18pm

I had seen earlier that Craig's goodbye thread had been moved to the off topic area.  Now, it is gone.   What happened here?

Matthew

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Re: Deletion of Spitfire's thread
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:35pm

If I had to guess I would say he asked for it to be removed. I doubt they would remove it otherwise. Could be wrong though

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2006 at 7:44pm

I'd like to know too.

IP Logged

SunriseChaos

DARK IS THE NIGHT FOR
ALL.

Reply #3 - May 14th, 2006 at 9:12pm

Please someone let us know what happened to Spitfire's thread.
I don't think he's asked for its deletion. I don't see why he would. It was all full of loving messages from everyone.

Peace.

S.C.

I LOST MY HEART. I BURIED IT TOO DEEP UNDER THE IRON SEA. - KEANE&&------------------------------------------------------------&&LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE YOU ARE BUSY MAKING OTHER PLANS - JOHN LENNON

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2006 at 11:17pm

I would like to know too. It's starting to feel like a conspiracy is going on here. Shocked

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

starstream
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 15th, 2006 at 1:31am

I have a pretty good idea,having read both threads before deletion...and I am pretty disgusted.
I had no idea that this site,was so obviously commanded by one or two fluffy bunny types.
Seeing as,I am sure, those ladies know who they are they have achieved objective in getting rid of the "negative aspects" of this site ,namely, Spitfire.
It must be great having a mod in your pocket.
I cannot quote from the postings as the have been removed.
Spitfire may well have been someone who was sure to stir up a discussion,but without those who challenge,question and push the boundaries,we would still be living in the dark ages!
I doubt many other memebers would cause such a feeling of loss,were they to go or be pushed.
Jealousy perhaps?

Anyway,I am likely to follow Spits example,I am sure there are other Forums within the www without such big brother control.

It will be interesting to see how long this post or even this thread lasts.

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:36am

I did'nt ask for the thread to be deleted.

The internet i am afraid, breeds a new type of nasty human characteristic.. the lowly coward. If i was face to face and making the same complaints.. im sure they would be far more accomidating.. Im happy, that i am correct that some people's values ar'nt worth much, as there actions display the complete opposite.. love to all, yet they cannot show it on a simple message board - what does that say about them?,and how they would act like in a real life situation?

I also find it intresting, that the people who dont claim to be all loving, displayed the most kindness towards me and others - our actions are the greatest tool to show who we are/what we stand for.. and recently ive seen there's a good few people, throwing character around like confetti... and i wish to thank you.

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:52am

hi there Craig. I wish you well too. you have taught me something about speaking up. for as young as you are, you seem to possess a bit of wisdom in that, you teach that. therefore I thank you and will always remember you for what you taught me.
however, my feeling is that all humans expressing here are simply dust in the wind, myself included of course, therefore, these threads be they kind or unkind will fade away and be crunched up in the monster lips of  the cyber monster. just as our bodies will turn to dust.
also I have discovered love is always conditional on Earth, on the other side, that is the only place we can experience unconditional love, in general.
good luck, although I don't believe in luck, its something we say to each other. alysia

IP Logged

scary_spice
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 15th, 2006 at 4:17am

Hi All...This is Bruce Moen's money making site and forum....Want me to say more??..Scary_Spice(Yes I'm her)...

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #9 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:03am

Quote:
..as there actions display the complete opposite.. love to all, yet they cannot show it on a simple message board - what does that say about them?,and how they would act like in a real life situation? 

I also find it intresting, that the people who dont claim to be all loving, displayed the most kindness towards me and others ..

The spectrum of Consciousness...what a paradox.

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #10 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:46am

I agree with Alyssia, the threads get buried and pass into the web.  We also are all adults and can handle a little conflict and opinion.  Therefore, the need to delete an entire thread, or comments should be predicated on that thread or those comments being so heinous as to cause someone or a group of people significant distress or harm.

I would prefer if the offending character could be approached by the moderator each time, and they could work it out initially via private messages.  If that failed, then the chopping block would come.  Alas, the axe fell too early on dear Spitfire.

I wish you all well.  I have enjoyed posting here about consciousness and the very nature of existenece, more than retrievals, because that was my interest.  I too, now may read occasionally, but I don't wish to be part of this censorship.

Matthew

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #11 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:13am

censorship??

&&

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #12 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:34am

Our moderator is moving and deleting posts without a public explanation, despite the fact that many people who have been here quite a while (myself included) object to this in the case of Craig.  

In the past, when Bruce himself moderated, he would post a warning; he did this both in response to Don, and as an explanation for why a thread was modified.  The overwhelming response to that was that there was both warning, input from different sources and a chance to make amends.  

That is what I am talking about.  If you look back on threads that have been left intact, such as in the off topic forum where the title alone bashing all women has been left for months, and you look in the main afterlife forum, many topics have not been moved like these.  Why should some threads remain such as "my girlfriend is a neonazi," etc. when Craig's and ours get deleted?  The rules governing the forum should not be applied to some but not others, if they are both culpable of an infraction... (and don't ask me why the title of a thread bashing all women, or talking of neonazis may be objectionable).

I would love Bruce's input on all of this.  All forums have posting guidelines, however, there is a common loving way to interact with frequent users of the board, including posting a general message or a private message if someone appears to be out of hand as an INITIAL step.  The removal of threads and redirection, without a public explanation is more along the lines of censorship.  Obviously, many on this board agree with my feelings (look at the number of posts/pages) yet we are given no public explanation as Bruce did, nor has anything changed as a result of our appeal.

This bodes poorly for the future.  I hope Bruce returns to address these issues.

Matthew

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #13 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:38am

Hi I think its totally unfair the way that spitfire has been treated by allan and bruce ,if we are all adult enouth to read and take on spitfires honest veiws about things  on here , then they should be adult enough to see that we as adults can answer spitfire in our own way on these topics,where ever you go you get different points of veiw from others ,its whats known as free speech for everyone,cause lets face it ,its the only thing that does come free.Spitfire dont go ,stay we all want you on here.Love and bless you juditha

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 15th, 2006 at 10:58am

Quote:
...If you look back on threads that have been left intact, such as in the off topic forum where the title alone bashing all women has been left for months, and you look in the main afterlife forum, many topics have not been moved like these.  Why should some threads remain such as "my girlfriend is a neonazi," etc. when Craig's and ours get deleted?  The rules governing the forum should not be applied to some but not others, if they are both culpable of an infraction...

Matthew,

This is the point I was making in an earlier post on singling out Spitfire.  Well said.

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

Lights of Love

Reply #15 - May 15th, 2006 at 11:01am

Hi Matthew and all,

You know this entire event could have been avoided had Linn chosen to work things out with Craig months ago.  She had the opportunity to do so, however, she chose not to do that.   

I saw Craig's initial posts on the medium thread and yes they were against posting guidelines of this forum.  I sent a pm to Craig myself and suggested he either edit or delete them.  He chose not to do that.   

You know that Craig and I are friends, however, I stand behind what Allan did.  This in my opinion is not censorship.  It is responsible moderation of this or any other forum that has specific rules.

You know as well as I do that this forum has been a "free for all" in the past.  I for one am glad to see that it is now being moderated and something being done about posts that do not conform to posting guidelines.

Kathy

Tread softly through life with a tender heart and a gentle, understanding spirit.

IP Logged

DocM

Reply #16 - May 15th, 2006 at 11:13am

Thanks, Kathy.

I agree with rules in general, but I still believe strongly in my last post.  There are ways of going about things.  Bruce fired a warning shot over the bow with Don.  A thread was deleted with an explanation.  With the current moderator there is none of this.  That is why so many of us are upset.  Again, no one has addressed my points about why some extremely offensive threads remain (again back to my last post), or some off topic posts are in the main forum. 

I agree with the actions taken if, and only if, a warning is given (either in private or public, but a public warning would prevent misunderstanding).  The poster should be given the opportunity to respond and delte his or her thread.  If not, fine.  Chop it.  At least the explanation is there, and fairness is obvious.

Life is messy.  Duality is messy.  Consciousness on earth is messy and full of conflict sometimes.  Let it be so here too if it doesn't harm someone.  If not, please apply the same standards all across the board.  I don't personally want all the offensive threads still here removed, because I feel as an adult I can deal with them.  But unless Bruce or the moderator appear to settle this, you will have myself and others seeing all this as both an injustice, and blatantly unfair.

Personally, I think a loving person, whomever he or she is, would be big enough to see all this, acknowledge the feelings on the board, apologize for causing these feelings by the deletions without explanations (even if unintended), and move on.  It is what I would do, were I the moderator.

Can't you feel it, Kathy?  It is needed to restore balance here.

Matthew

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #17 - May 15th, 2006 at 11:39am

Quote:
Hi All...This is Bruce Moen's money making site and forum....Want me to say more??..Scary_Spice(Yes I'm her)...

So what you're saying is that Bruce is just out to make money? Doesn't he have a right to make a living like everyone else? I know for a fact that authors don't make that much off of each book.

What about all the good he does. If he didn't do anyone any good, why are all of you here?  I thought everyone was here to learn about the afterlife but I guess I'm delusional. I guess it's called afterlife-knowledge.com just for the hell of it.

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #18 - May 15th, 2006 at 11:55am

Quote:
Hi Matthew and all,

I saw Craig's initial posts on the medium thread and yes they were against posting guidelines of this forum.  I sent a pm to Craig myself and suggested he either edit or delete them.  He chose not to do that.   
You know that Craig and I are friends, however, I stand behind what Allan did.  This in my opinion is not censorship.  It is responsible moderation of this or any other forum that has specific rules.

You know as well as I do that this forum has been a "free for all" in the past.  I for one am glad to see that it is now being moderated and something being done about posts that do not conform to posting guidelines.

Kathy

Kathy i totally agree with you, and support the decision.

NOW IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON....MOVE ON... Lips Sealed

with love, Romain[color=Red][/color]

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #19 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:17pm

For me the problem isn't with the thread being removed. If it was indeed going against guidelines then so be it. My problem is with people being singled out for all to see. I feel that is very disrespectful, immature and rude. I for one will absolutly not stick around if that type of thing happens again.
Gretchen

IP Logged

Rob_Roy

New Hampshire, USA
Reply #20 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:17pm

I agree with Matthew. Completely. And 'moving on' will not solve the problem. It will fester and resurface with greater intensity. Pay the cost to be the boss.

Rob

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:37pm

Quote:
..I for one am glad to see that it is now being moderated and something being done about posts that do not conform to posting guidelines.

But what about the other offensive post that don't meet the guidelines. Why are they still on the board?  Why were post left on when other people used the 'peer moderator' and they posted that nothing was done about it.  Why is Spitfire's post about his experience with this physic glossed over and the whole point missed? Shoving this issue to the basement isn't going to solve anything. It needs to be addressed honestly from the moderator and administrator of this message board. If you want the guidelines to be applied, then they need to be applied to EVERYONE!

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

paradox
Ex Member

Reply #22 - May 15th, 2006 at 12:43pm

Quote:
...Hi All...This is Bruce Moen's money making site and forum....Want me to say more??..Scary_Spice(Yes I'm her)...

Scary_Spice,

I openling admit that I do not understand what you are saying here. Maybe what it saids and what it implies are two different things. So maybe you could extrapolate on it a bit more.

Peace
Paradox

IP Logged

Berserk

Reply #23 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:56pm

Craig,

I have recently been privately alerted to another worthless session with the medium in question.  That victim decided not to complain publicly.   But mediums should be upfront about their limitations demonstrated by their spotty track record.  I myself have had many clairvoyant experiences involving others, including several death premonitions that came true.  But I've also been mistaken; so I'm reluctant to risk upsetting others, given my occasionally false insights.  

I've also experienced both miraculous answers to prayer and heart-breaking disappointments in prayer.   When I share in depth my insights on prayer with honest seekers, I eventually like to share my disappointments as well.  Otherwise, frustrated seekers might imagine there is something inferior about their quest in comparison with mine.  I am no Jesus.  Therefore, if I lovingly and honestly presume to teach others, I must encourage them to learn from my mistakes and shortcomings as well as my successes.

Craig,  I'll miss your refreshing posts.   True, your passionate spiritual quest sometimes finds expression in blunt remarks.   But you are one of those rare individuals who is really open to a belief system crash.  Such radical openness is eventually very stressful and makes one emotionally raw at times.   In such circumstances, it is understandable that you strive to be bluntly honest.  But you need to remind yourself of an important fact: on both this site and the other site in question, you are dealing with a New Age ghetto mentality and all of the unrecognized pressures for conformity that this entails.   Thank God, there are now some exceptions to that rule on this site.   In my view, there are two important lessons for you to take away from this unpleasant  experience.  (1) Genuine openness is often feigned but rarely realized.  (2) You need to take satisfaction in your courage to doubt, especially your courage to doubt your doubts.  I hope you find a spiritual quest board that is more open to the rough and tumble verbal jousting that a boxer like yourself understandably prefers.  Yes folks, Craig really is an amateur boxer.

Best wishes,
Don

IP Logged

Jambo

1987, a great year for
the human race.

UK
Reply #24 - May 17th, 2006 at 8:55am

I think what has happened to craig is an utter disgrace.

How on earth did his earlier post violate the posting conditions?

How and why was'nt RyanParris's post about taking away womens rights removed?  If that aint a violation of forum guidelines then I'm off to find a new forum.

So much for your "PUL", the hypocracy on this board is unbelievable

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.