Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Spitfire (Read 15586 times)
gretchen

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Ohio
Spitfire
May 11th, 2006 at 11:01am

I am new to posting here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.
I have a question for you that I am not sure you can fully answer, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I have watched the posts on this board for quite awhile before joining, and I was curious to know what your beliefs are?
From what I understand you do not believe in God, but you do believe in the afterlife. Is this statement correct? If so, and this is just for me so please don't take this wrong, I can't comprehend one without the other. Could you please explain this to me so that I may better understand?
Thanks and love,
Gretchen

IP Logged

SpitfireV2

Re: Spitfire
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2006 at 11:30am

Hey Gretch,

Let me ask you the same question in reverse, Why does God, equate to there being an afterlife? Before god came into the human equation, people believed the afterlife was inside the earth, and it was just a process, of energy transfer aka [spirit leaving the physical] and heading down further inside the earth.

I believe in an afterlife, because i understand, and i can put my faith in the evidence presented for it, i can gain experience of it, and i can gain proof it's existance.

I cannot believe in evidence for god, as i cannot prove anything in connection with god to myself, i cannot put my faith in someone else's word's, wrote 2,000 years ago, when i pray, i cannot move mountains, i have never recieved a miracle, or divine inspiration.

God.. is a being created, becuase our natural fear of having no control is very strong, people find comfort from beliving in god, and i can understand why... but still my brain wont let me believe in somthing just because it make's life seem worthwhile. 100's of years ago, people had very hard live's, and there comfort was, they would die and go to heaven.. people grabbed onto that fear, and exploited it, and religon is one of the greatest methods of control ever created.

Once you break the fear of no god, your mind is open to greater possiblities, you stop believing in hell, and heaven, and you seek the truth, instead of being happy stuck in the confines of religon. Religion is forever being modified, and updated to fit in with modern principles etc.

Evidence, which you can gain, and anyone can gain is ultimately, fixed.. and unchanging.. if it works once, it will work again, experiment and reproduability, are things you can put your faith in.

The odds would say, the evidence for the afterlife is good, the evidence for the existance of god, is bad.. look at the source of god.. and see how it came about, and then find out the truth behind it/make your own conclusions, and if you dont find the idea of god, worthy of modern day thinking, eliminate it.. from your beliefs.

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #2 - May 11th, 2006 at 11:54am

Thank you very much for replying so quickly. I have seen how you have ruffled some feathers a time or two around here Wink so I was just curious to know what your most basic beliefs were.
To answer your question, I have no proof of anything. I too have never experienced any miracles or proof that were made obvious as such. I guess I would have to label my beliefs as a feeling within myself. I, at least right now, can't see things any other way. I am always searching for the answers that we all seek. I love these types of boards, because even though I may not understand some peoples beliefs, I still learn something from them.
There are many things that I don't understand, because I haven't experienced them personally. Because I don't understand I try to learn more about these things so that I may, in time, understand in my personal truth whether they are on the level or not. I try not to dismiss that which I don't understand.
I do have a problem, as I have noticed many people here do as well, with  organised religion. I can't comprehend a God that is so full of love "beyond what we can comprehend" sending his beloved children to hell. A good friend of mine and I have come to many an empass over that one Tongue She is very "religious" and believes everything that her pastor says that the Bible means. She questions nothing, just blindly follows what she is told. This bothers me personally, but I am constantly checking myself to not judge her as she judges me for having a different set of beliefs.
Every once in awhile we have what I feel to be very enlightning conversations that are truly a give and take exchange of ideas. Those times are what I live for! So I hope to have that here too, with you and anyone else that I may speak with Grin
Thanks and love,
Gretch

IP Logged

hiorta

Scotland
Re: God Vs the Afterlife
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2006 at 4:18pm

Grtechen, i've travelled most of the Spiritual desert trails for a long time and eventually realised God was and is, always around.

However, 'god' as presented by Christianity is a theological myth, which simply leads to a confused nowhere.

These are the folk who swore their 'god told them the Earth is flat - yet it is alleged he made it one day. He must have a terrible memory.

These are the same folk who set fire to crippled, disfigured, poor mis-shapen beings, labelling them 'witches', saying their 'god commanded them to do so by writing secretly in a book of Hebrew history.
The same folk, too, who profitably indulged in the slavery of God's Black children, but who claim to follow Jesus, whom they regard as being central to their born-again lives. They clearly followed from a very long way behind.

I hope you can find God, Gretchen - perhaps simply ask that God finds you - but I doubt if any theologian will be of much help Good Luck.

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #4 - May 11th, 2006 at 5:33pm

I'm not really looking for God. What I meant was I already believe without having any "proof". I don't know if that has to do with what I have been taught over the years or if it's just something within myself. Maybe it's both?  All that I care about is that I am completely sure in my heart that there is a God and I am at peace with that. I just can't allow myself to believe that God is what most organised religions speak of.
Love,
Gretchen

IP Logged

Cricket

Reply #5 - May 11th, 2006 at 5:37pm

This topic kind of makes me smile, because *I* am always being bemused about why anyone would think that the afterlife and (a) god had any necessary connection...guess it just depends on what direction you approach a question from!  Wink

IP Logged

hiorta

Scotland
Reply #6 - May 12th, 2006 at 4:01am

Exactly Cricket. All life is eternal. We survive because it is the Natural Law and what we choose to 'believe' matters nothing.
What we do and think, however, seems to have a major bearing on things, though.

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #7 - May 12th, 2006 at 4:05am

Hi Gretchen  Smiley

i really like your questioning and look forward to getting to know you on this site.

For me; God and the afterlife go hand in hand and i believe there is so much proof around. To me; it is a feeling that saturates my body and thinking. it is an individual journey though and may you have fulfillment that resonants with you; in your journey.

best wishes
Caryn

&&

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #8 - May 12th, 2006 at 1:58pm

".... Eternal are we; wrapped in Love
so that we may See ..."
Borrowing the quote from aug., how about if we all wrap spitfire in some PUL so that 'he may See...' ?

Let's do it Sun (the 14th) eve, board time around 7 pm, or whenever. We know now his name is Craig and that his email name is yorkshire pudding--that should be enough to let the spiritual realm know who we mean.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

SpitfireV2

Reply #9 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:07pm

Quote:
so that we may See ..."
Borrowing the quote from aug., how about if we all wrap spitfire in some PUL so that 'he may See...' ?

Let's do it Sun (the 14th) eve, board time around 7 pm, or whenever. We know now his name is Craig and that his email name is yorkshire pudding--that should be enough to let the spiritual realm know who we mean.

Need anything else, give me a pm... im open to anything once...

I see fine thanks, my values, work well for me.

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #10 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:20pm

Quote:

Sounds good to me Bets. Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #11 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:22pm

That's Mothers day, i'll be busy Wink

IP Logged

SpitfireV2

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:25pm

Quote:
That's Mothers day, i'll be busy Wink

Your just saved my neck...[i forgot it was mothers day] much appreciated.

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #13 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:26pm

LMAO. No problem Grin
You're not a mom are you? Wink

IP Logged

SpitfireV2

Reply #14 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:31pm

Quote:
LMAO. No problem Grin
You're not a mom are you? Wink

Only to people on this forum.

Im a 19 year old, chap from Yorkshire... so i guess i would be really in trouble, if i was..lol.

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #15 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:33pm

Is anyone here from America?

IP Logged

SpitfireV2

Reply #16 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:35pm

Quote:
Is anyone here from America?

Yup, alot of people are. Rob and Mar both are. Bruce is, the rest of us, come from uk.. to south africa...

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:41pm

Got my original account back, woot.  8)

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #18 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:44pm

"I see fine thanks, my values work well for me."

I know you do, spitfire, you have my respect.
i was just trying to be poetic, evidently at the expense of accuracy.
This thread has been a good reminder that no one can really say they've seen God. When I've heard that in church it's been said with bowed heads and enforced humility. When spitfire paraphrases the same thought, it gets energized and some of the church's implied guilt get stripped off. Thank you, spitfire.
But those who believe they've felt 'God' usually describe that Presence as a sense of Love/ PUL.
That's where I got the idea of sending PUL.
I forgot it was Mother's Day. We could move it back to late evening and even then just set the intention for it for later....?

Shakespeare

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #19 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:46pm

What's 'woot'?

Smiley

Shakespeare

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #20 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:46pm

Is it kinda like woohoo?

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #21 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Hi Gretchen,
Why do you ask?
I am, but there's quite a range, so thank goodness everyone's willing to use English.
bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

gretchen

Ohio
Reply #22 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:50pm

Just curious. Everyone seems to be from everywhere else

IP Logged

Spitfire
Ex Member

Reply #23 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:57pm

Quote:
Is it kinda like woohoo?

Correct.

I hear what your saying bet's, and i understand.

IP Logged

AH1976

Midlands, UK
Reply #24 - May 12th, 2006 at 2:59pm

Quote:
What's 'woot'?

Smiley

Lol for those who would like to know the meaning of the word woot check here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=woot

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #25 - May 13th, 2006 at 12:25pm

Hi Spitfire nice to hear from you again ,im going to the spiritualist church tonight and theres a physcic artist there so if i get a message the artist is going to draw the person who comes through from the spirit world ,let you know how i get on. Bless you juditha.

IP Logged

juditha
Ex Member

Reply #26 - May 13th, 2006 at 12:27pm

Hi Gretchan welcome to the afterlife ,im from england. God bless juditha

IP Logged

Tim F.
Ex Member

Reply #27 - May 14th, 2006 at 10:16pm

Quote:
so that we may See ..."

I'm glad I stopped in here and noticed this....  I intend to connect long-distance with Craig tonight, just for fun.

Best to y'all, tim

IP Logged

augoeideian

South Africa
Reply #28 - May 15th, 2006 at 5:36am

Heya

oops missed the 14th date!  But i am sure Craig can See quite well in a way revelant to Craig!! But there is nothing wrong with sending PUL at anytime and collective PUL will be awesome. We should do a collective PUL for everyone here including Bruce who so kindly hosts this site.

I'm not too sure what Star-Stream was talking about ... bunnies .. ladies .. sounds a bit petty too me ... Star-Stream??!

get ready Craig .... lol  Smiley

&&

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #29 - May 15th, 2006 at 9:51am

Hi Craig
Did you feel the love, man, from the Sun night PUL-fest?
Looking at the times that people were supporting you on this and other threads, and your response, I do think some of those vibes got through! Admit it, mister, you have inspired much love here!

augoeidian---Sorry I missed the note from you that we include Bruce. Could we do this again next Sunday night for Bruce?
Anyone in?
bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.