Copyrighted Logo

css menu by Css3Menu.com

Bruce's 5th book, a Home Study Course, is now available.
Books & Tapes by Bruce Moen
    Bruce's Blog now at http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/blog....

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
A Bruce Moen BookClub (Read 97763 times)
Cosmic_Ambitions

Afterlife Knowledge Member

Re: A Bruce Moen BookClub
Reply #45 - May 12th, 2006 at 12:46am

Hey Chuckles! Smiley

I envy your 13 year old niece to have an Aunt as knowledgable about our reality! I'm sure you guys will have "plenty" to talk about as she gets older!

I sure could've used relatives that had a more open mind about the questions that I asked when I was growing up... But, I guess everything happens for a reason... Undecided

With regards to imagination... I've noticed, and maybe it's just me, that a lot of the images that I get/receive seem to usually start off as brief flashes/glimpses. They will sometimes, more often than not, occur out of the corner of my eye; and make me go, "I know I saw something, but why is it always so brief?" "I couldn't even really make it out." In fact, just last night while my eyes were closed, I got the "flashlight" effect that spooky2 was talking about... I've had it before, but this time it lasted longer. It kind of felt like "something" was trying to open up in front of me, but then it stops. Maybe I'm not focused enough to keep it going, I'm not sure. Or maybe I'm focused too much.

It seems from what I've read in Bruce's experiences, like his encounters with White Bear... that a lot of things that are imagined usually require one to almost let the imagination process unfold before you, and to not let previously held notions restrict you from flowing with this imagination... I feel like there is no such thing as paddling upstream with regards to imagination. It's like the tide, where you flow with it. It's much easier and more fun that way. Although hard sometimes to think it could be that easy. (I'm still working on it.)

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions

P.S. I use to have a really good imagination when I was little... I remember after seeing The Wizard of Oz, I could've sworn I saw the wicked witch of the west flying around in the room on a broomstick! LOL! (Luckily however, nothing could harm me as long as I had my blanket pulled over my head!) Wink

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #46 - May 12th, 2006 at 12:23pm

CA, your comments are very helpful and show how BMoen's writings bridge into our lives. His ideas are alive, it seems, since they grow in meaning as we grow. Any conversation in this 'book club', can be from Bruce's words or our experience lived under the influence of reading his books. (LUI--in the US, DUI is a much more frequently determined factor, unfortunately.)
I have trouble writing this next step because I have not yet had experiences of my community of selves that make up a whole. I can 'see' symbols in the Disk, or the head of a sunflower, a whole field of sunflowers turning watching the sun. But to recognize a person the way Bruce recognized Joshua, or like spooky learned of the hunter's son, this has not happened to me yet. So my words may be awkward.
---Should a person review their dreams for characters or content that might have had more meaning than they realized, seeking our Joshuas?
---re: p. 160 in "Voyages," Bruce asks if the Colonel he met in the afterlife is an aspect of himself, {or I suppose a 'separate soul' needing retreival}, but is told the Colonel represent 'a commitment.' How do you determine each time who/what it is you are meeting in the afterlife?
---Do you find yourself in daily life seeking out souls who might be a part of your group self? If you seem to have had such encounters, could you share how you determined they were part of your group self? (Understanding that the brotherhood of humanity spans all groups.) 
I've never read books that are so alive. I admit the first time thru they seemd just like books , books that made me feel joyful for some reason, but with your comments they now seem even more alive with spirit--thank you!

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #47 - May 12th, 2006 at 7:57pm

HI all...
Betson thanks again for the thoughts about our Joshuas and our selves of variable dimension both past and present. I think spirit is using you to help me get my thoughts in order. this reality is merging with "out there." I/there. someday we will understand it scientifically, that the human in a body here when u get into a mediative state and start talking to your I/there, you can feel like a mere hologram of the self which is "there." it's ok, just be aware it can cause a little belief system crash, but all of my crashes have been exceedingly gentle, as a matter of fact I sometimes had to ask if I was going thru a crash, as I only knew the feeling of confict going on within.
concerning this subject I am reminded how well I took to Bruce's "talk to your belief system as if it were a person and talked back to you."
it does talk back I found. when you talk to your conflict and ask questions your intention must not be to kill your belief, as it has a survival instint, like your ego does. I followed Bruce's thought to ask it why it was serving me for what purpose; as the system thinks it serves a purpose that you set up. when the conversation is over, you simply ask it to discontinue serving you and say thanks to it rather than get all upset that you've been believing something that was so self serving but now you look into another direction which serves you even better.

I suppose if you had a Joshua in your house of consciousness then you could approach in the same manner as if it were a viable life form and begin to converse with it. as you proceed the life form might say something back to you with produces an"aha" moment which causes you a feeling of understanding yourself.  I've found increasing awareness this way but it's over years and of returning to the situation of my obes and paranormal experiences to milk them further. the same with re-reading books, you get more out of them. Dreams are very close to obes and even will begin to merge so that you can't tell if it's an obe or a dream after awhile, and doesn't matter as what you bring back in the way of info, self discover, remembrance of how you set yourself up, these things are what matters when learning to create your personal reality. I think a dream log is a good idea for everyone and especially when your dreams begin to portray what you intended them to present to you...more info about the road you are traveling down. hugs, alysia

... Who takes away death's sting deprives life of bitterness
WWW http://www.facebook.com/LaughingRain2  
IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #48 - May 12th, 2006 at 8:05pm

so true Cosmic, the interpretor part of us just does its thing...according to previously stored data.
yeegads we are mere software sometimes...but it's fascinating being a computer head I must say...
I'm fascinated with my interpretor although it's gotten me into plenty messes.... Grin

well I think my niece may appreciate me more now, then she was able to back then and my sister would not allow me to impart my knowledge...lol....families; you can't live with them, yet you can't get rid of them. so u end up on your knees....

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #49 - May 15th, 2006 at 3:30am

Vicky said: Ok, between Mairlyn's answers and Spooky's and Alysia's, I think what I'm realizing is that it is OK and very necessary to allow ourselves to use and to trust a framework of experience that has been previously set by another's imagination, for example when Mairlyn said she got the same vision of Bruce's experience.  Perhaps, Mairlyn, you received it that way as a starting point, and maybe if you had trusted it and ran with it more could have unfolded for you?  (I don't want to make you feel like you failed, not trying to do that by any means.  I'm just trying to learn from this).  Ok, so that fits with "priming the pump" and with "playing along".  I too love both these concepts and I find they apply everywhere.
______

yes I think it's ok to start off with someone else's vision. We've done this down thru history.

I started off with Bruce's vision from his book, Curiosity's trip to the Father, or from the father.
I had finished ACIM (A Course in Miracles) and it had told me to forget the book now, and go and seek an experience. It had said that God would take the final step for me. it makes u wonder what the final step is. so I went to seek an experience. came here and read Curiosity story ( I highly reccomend this story vision) and something clicked. noticed that the philosophy here is that we are experience gatherers on Earth. period. don't try to make it anything else than what it is...an experience. and all experiences are temporary. there is nothing on this earth that is of eternity. so I resonated with the curiosity vision even though I've not had such a vision, I adopted it as a perfect roadsign to follow until I get my own vision. and so Mair, if you had an image that was somebody else's I'd say thats just fine to explore it.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #50 - May 15th, 2006 at 11:43am

Quote:
---Do you find yourself in daily life seeking out souls who might be a part of your group self? If you seem to have had such encounters, could you share how you determined they were part of your group self? (Understanding that the brotherhood of humanity spans all groups.) 

Great Thread guys, keep it up i really enjoy reading your thoughts/answers to the Bruce cook book.

Regarding seeking out souls. no i don't particularly search for them myself , but when i do feel an affinity to a  person that i meet a stranger with a little twink in his/her eyes, it does make me wonder why? Especially when i feel very close to them without having met them before.I would consider these people part of my soul group or at least i hope they are, and then i try to find out more about them, espedcially spiritually and see if we really click sot to speak. There are people/persons that you vibrate in unison with and those i feel that i want to meet/know them almost like an unknow force attracting us together. There a phrase for this and i forgot it...lol 
Anyhow here're my two bits.

Pul to you all, Romain
Roll Eyes

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #51 - May 15th, 2006 at 6:59pm

hi Romain, maybe the phrase is dejevous?

I think theres another vision I adopted. Bruce had this one too. a bunch of folks were telling him they loved him. and he decided all of these were his disc members. I think I decided somewhere I was also in his disc but to me it's part of my philosophy to be at one with all mankind, and there can be 1,000's in the disc. with so many in the disc, I never think about numbers plural. I just think about the number one, that we are all the number one.

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #52 - May 16th, 2006 at 12:52am

Alysia; no i was thinking more on the line of likes attracts likes, more or less

As for dejavue, to me is when i go somewhere  and all of a sudden i feel/sense/know i've been in this situation with those people or some of them in this or that place and know what will be ask, exemple, a question; and if i answer that question from that person there will be a turmoil kind of. I know i've been there before and went through the same scenario.
Ex: last week went to see a friend of mind at the college and while i was sitting there waiting for her to finish her conversation on the phone, the feeling/thought/sensation that i perceived was that i been here before doing the same thing and waiting for her to finish and knew what she was going to as me about and knew what i should answer before she did ask. Which i did and she did say, i was just going to ask you that ...how did you knew??? that has been happening quite often lately. Does it means i travel in time (future) unknowingly in my sleep? That's what i means by dejavue, or maybe i'm wrong.?

Comming back to Bruce book, i remember about the story of his Disk members, one thing that i learn from him is that our HS (Disk) or whatever you want to call it, is closer that we think, I used to think that it was so far out of my reach, always thinking that it was higher up that me when i was meditation, like thinking ...you up there...like i was in the basement and it was on the 50th floor, took me a while to understand about vibration, and really understand that it's all in our vibration, it's within us, NOT outside of us..
Hope this make sense..LOL

Romain

IP Logged

LaffingRain

Choose this Day

Arizona
Reply #53 - May 16th, 2006 at 1:52am

well this is a hard concept to grasp since most of us believe we are in linear time, but if all lives we've lived are happening now simultaneously with this one we are holograms or probes of our disc/higher selves, projected here a a beam of light would be projected from the mind of all that is.

thats why we keep having belief system crashes...lol..so then I see life as a movie I star in my own life but I'm not really all here. and so when you get the dejavue its because it already did happen that way and you are now placing the body in that situation which has already happened in order to experience that situation with the body.
my guides said we are here for the experience of being in body. now you start to remember where you came from and who you are; so each time you get a dejevue your memory is activated.

hugs, don't take my word for anything, but science is catching up with us soon and its going to be fun! alysia

IP Logged

Cosmic_Ambitions

Reply #54 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:07am

Great post Chuckles!

PUL,
Cosmic_Ambitions Smiley

Would there be this eternal seeking if the found existed?~Antonio Porchia&&Before enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.  After enlightenment-chop wood, carry water.~Zen Buddhist Proverb&&And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.~Confucius

IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #55 - May 16th, 2006 at 9:42am

Greetings Romain,
I can't recall if this is described in Bruce's books or not, but I'm really curious--
Those feelings of dejavue you describe---could they also happen when you meet someone special from your disk at a pre-arranged point in your ' journey of life', and the inner turmoil you feel  is you awaiting the pre-arranged comments you somehow recall have been set up for this spiritual milestone?
If we were only to have a few of these encounters during one lifetime, do you think the anticipation and excitement you feel in a dejavue moment could come from your inner recognition that the spiritual is operating in physical matters?
bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

Romain

North/West Coast
Reply #56 - May 16th, 2006 at 2:10pm

Come to think of it I don’t recall it either, sorry if I took a turn there.. Embarrassed
As to your questions about someone special: I truly believe that everyone I meet is special in one way or another, it’s just a matter of finding the why they were put in my path at that times of my spiritual development or everyday life. Since we did choose to come here on this ELS, which was also pre-arranged and talk/discuss with our pre-assessment committee.. Those turmoil/feeling could very well be a way of HS to awake myself (signpost) along this life time to become more aware of who I am. This is something that I really have to pay more attention to and I will.

Inner recognition that the spiritual is operating in physical matters?

A little story here: Beside my hourse where I live was a beautiful Alder tree, where the blue Jays come a build nest and eagle perch on, must have been there for at least 30 yrs, young but old for an Alder, one person with the permission of the landlord came and cut it down on afternoon.
I was there when they cut it down, and felt sorry for the tree, thinking all sort of things like…the birds/eagle could not perch on it and the atmosphere and all the vegetation being cut down etc..i’m sure you understand  what I mean.
Anyhow, an Elder person seeing me there feeling sorry for the tree approached and started a conversation, seen that guy a few time before; he said you don’t like what he doing, don’t you…I said no, then he started talking/telling me the story about Alder over 30 yrs old rotting from the inside out, and how dangerous it could be for the houses close by, and how by cutting it down it will help the other tree (Alders) around to grow bigger and healthier..!! I didn’t know that part, or never really thought about it, all I was thinking was destroying the forest…he also said that it not going to waist, people will use the bark for medicine (the one who still know how to used it) and the rest will be divided amount the members of the community as fire wood..So he said..don’t be sad..
Does the spiritual operate in physical..i would say yes, but it’s all in how we see it.
It’s a lonesome journey sometimes, but there always help when you need to understand.
With love, Romain

Now let's return to Bruce book... Grin

IP Logged

Touching Souls

LOVE IS ALL, SHINE YOUR
LIGHT THAT OTHERS MAY
SEE

Metaline Falls, WA
Reply #57 - May 16th, 2006 at 3:31pm

I loved reading this dear Romain. Thank you.

Love, Mairlyn Wink

I AM THAT I AM -- WE ARE ALL ONE -- TOUCHING SOULS
Wink
WWW minniecricket2000  
IP Logged

betson

SE USA
Reply #58 - May 16th, 2006 at 3:50pm

Thank you, Romain.
bets

Shakespeare

IP Logged

LaughingRain
Ex Member

Reply #59 - May 16th, 2006 at 4:41pm

have to agree I like Romains Adler tree story too..reminds me of so many situation in life where you have to look hard to find the positive but it's there somewhere...love, alysia  thanks Romain, you're  peachy!  whoops, my 50's aspect is here again. hope you can deal with it. hugs, alysia

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

This is a Peer Moderated Forum. You can report Posting Guideline violations.